“Another good stay.”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Lock Haven
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Lock Haven
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I stayed again from 10/20 to 10/21. Check in was fast and the room was nice. Bed was clean and comfortable and shower, toilet, TV, and fridge all worked well. Despite the pleasantness of the hotel, I still feel that it was a bit overpriced for the area. The amenities are standard for this level of hotel, so nothing really special there. But, it beats the Best Western in town, so it doesn't really have much competition for pricing. But, I will continue to stay here......during special events. Wireless internet barely worked for streaming content (I wish these hotels would stop saying they have "high speed" internet), but the wired internet worked okay.

Room Tip: Don't be afraid to ask for a specific location for your room. They can be very accommodating.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Lonso
Fairfield Team L, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Lock Haven, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

Dear Lonso,

Thank you for your feedback, I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and you were pleased with your arrival experience and your room. I understand that you stayed during a Special Event, LHU's Homecoming, I am sorry to hear that we feel that we are overpriced, we will take your concern into consideration for future events. I am sorry that your wireless was not up to par for you, we have since had a new router installed that may fix the issue for your next stay. Thank you again for your review--take care!

Reviewed October 1, 2012

One of the nicest hotels we have ever stayed at. When we arrived with our group of 12 people and our 6 antique cars we thought the hotel was brand new. A staff member told us the hotel was 3 years old. The rooms were very very clean. The staff was the best.The hot breakfast was excellent.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Jack D,

Your group was a delight to have in our hotel. We are so glad we were able to make your stay enjoyable. We hope your group and your AWESOME cars find your back back to Lock Haven in the future!

Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

It's no five star hotel, but its definitely stayable. There's a decent breakfast and the wifi is solid. Rooms are clean and the rates are very affordable.

There's a McDonalds next door if you want different coffee (the coffee here was pretty bad). There's a pool and spa as well - which would be nice during the summer months.

• Stayed: September 2012

Dear Corycollier,

We appreciate you takign the time to review our property. Thank you for your honest feedback, we are happy to know that you appreciated our clean rooms, wifi, breakfast and affordable price. In regards to the coffee, I apologize that it did not appeal to you, we must provide the brand that Marriott has determined suits the tastes of our travelers. Thank you again!

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Nice place if you only need a place to sleep. Room and beds seemed small but the hotel was clean, the staff was friendly but nothing special or remarkable about the hotel. We only needed a place to sleep. It was fine.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Dear KarenEB,

Thank your for your feekback. We appreciate you taking the time to tell others of your experience while staying with us.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

I was in State Collegee when it was move in weekend for Penn State. I moved from this hotel to State College but wish I had just stayed here.
Great staff. Clean rooms and a great breakfast. They even made me fresh coffee when I got in late at night.
I'll stay again when I'm in the area.
The desk clerk took his time to go check behind the dresser for a watch I'd lost. It was much appreciated.
I'd reserved nonlinear at $229 but found the rate the day before my trip at $169 and they changed it immediately with no hassle.
Expensive but that weekend always is.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo

Dear Mysscyn,

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! We are happy to hear you enjoyed our staff, property and breakfast. Glad we could get your watch back to you as well! Thank you again for your review and we hope to have you back again!

Reviewed September 3, 2012

This is a very good rating with a caveat because of my situation........................

In the spur of the moment, we decided to go to Penn State for a volleyball game. Because of the PSU football opener, we had to get 2 rooms 36 miles away in Lock Haven. When I reserved, I requested adjoining rooms; however, when we arrived I was told "sorry we don't have any more adjoining rooms because they are handicap rooms and they were given priority. I told the attendant that my wife is handicap and it would have been nice if they would have asked me first or called me before I wasted the time to come. Of course, the manager was not working on one of the busiest weekends of the year. The young lady helping me was new and the lady I spoke with the next morning was just appointed front desk attendant according to her because they needed help. She then explained to me that since I booked through hotels.com that there's no way they can guarantee adjoining rooms. So I asked her how could their agents even make that coordination with them to tell me that and she didn't know and was very apologetic that 4 people had to sleep in one room. Of course that didn't help and I have not received a call from management as promised. Needless to say, none of us slept very well and were anxious to leave.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Dear psharpton,

Thank you for your review, although you were not pleased with your stay we appreciate your feedback. I apologize that you did not receive the requests that you made, I understand how frustrating that can be. Although we cannot guarentee connecting rooms like you wanted we can always guarentee accessibile rooms if this information is given to us when booking. I understand that you used a 3rd Party booking site and this information did not transmit to our reservation system however if I could offer you some advise I would suggest that if you are in need of a adjoining room or accessible room that you contact the hotel directly, that way the information is in our system and we can do our best to accomodate your requests. I know it seems as though all of the bookin sites should communicate perfectly the truth is we all make mistakes. Again I apologize for your inconvenience.

Reviewed September 1, 2012

We had a room on the top floor. It was very quiet the night that we were there even though the parking lot was pretty full. It was clean, nicely appointed, beds were supper comfortable and the room was a good size. No issues with room temperature or anything like that. There were plenty of towels. One suggestion for approval is that there was no ventilating fan in the bathroom or if there was one, ours did not function. Breakfast was provided and you could choose scrambled eggs, sausage patties, breads, fruit, juice, coffee/tea, etc, cereals/instant oatmeal (I always prefer when the oatmeal is always prepared) and, of course, waffles that you make fresh. Interestingly they had a choice of waffle batter (original or blueberry) and had a big bowl of blueberries nearby as well as whipped cream. My own little quality test is the hot water for tea--sometimes it tastes like it came from a container that had previously contained coffee--but it did not have that taste here--so Kudos on passing my pet peeve test. Front desk and cleaning staff were friendly/helpful. I forgot to bring a comb and they were able to provide own free of charge. Nice shower, good night's rest--about as close to perfect as possible!

Room Tip: I always suggest the highest floor because you have no one walking around above you. If possible, t...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Dear Helen L,

Thank you so much for your review! It is wonderful to hear that our guests are enjoying thier stay with us. I am so glad you got a quiet night's sleep and enjoyed your room. In regards to your comment about a bathroom fan, you are correct that we do not have the traditional vent in the bathroom, the contractor installed a fresh air system in our hotel and it does not funtion as a bathroom vent would. I apologize for that inconvenience. I am so glad that we passed your test--I know how frustrating the "coffee flavored" tea is as well. We hope to have you back in the future! Take care!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lock Haven
SureStay Collection by Best Western Genetti Hotel
Hampton Inn Williamsport
Hampton Inn Williamsport
#2 of 14 in Williamsport

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Lock Haven? Share your experiences!