“Okay... Nothing Special but Nice”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Lock Haven
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Lock Haven
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Nice place if you only need a place to sleep. Room and beds seemed small but the hotel was clean, the staff was friendly but nothing special or remarkable about the hotel. We only needed a place to sleep. It was fine.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Fairfield Team L, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Lock Haven, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

Dear KarenEB,

Thank your for your feekback. We appreciate you taking the time to tell others of your experience while staying with us.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

I was in State Collegee when it was move in weekend for Penn State. I moved from this hotel to State College but wish I had just stayed here.
Great staff. Clean rooms and a great breakfast. They even made me fresh coffee when I got in late at night.
I'll stay again when I'm in the area.
The desk clerk took his time to go check behind the dresser for a watch I'd lost. It was much appreciated.
I'd reserved nonlinear at $229 but found the rate the day before my trip at $169 and they changed it immediately with no hassle.
Expensive but that weekend always is.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo

Dear Mysscyn,

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! We are happy to hear you enjoyed our staff, property and breakfast. Glad we could get your watch back to you as well! Thank you again for your review and we hope to have you back again!

Reviewed September 3, 2012

This is a very good rating with a caveat because of my situation........................

In the spur of the moment, we decided to go to Penn State for a volleyball game. Because of the PSU football opener, we had to get 2 rooms 36 miles away in Lock Haven. When I reserved, I requested adjoining rooms; however, when we arrived I was told "sorry we don't have any more adjoining rooms because they are handicap rooms and they were given priority. I told the attendant that my wife is handicap and it would have been nice if they would have asked me first or called me before I wasted the time to come. Of course, the manager was not working on one of the busiest weekends of the year. The young lady helping me was new and the lady I spoke with the next morning was just appointed front desk attendant according to her because they needed help. She then explained to me that since I booked through hotels.com that there's no way they can guarantee adjoining rooms. So I asked her how could their agents even make that coordination with them to tell me that and she didn't know and was very apologetic that 4 people had to sleep in one room. Of course that didn't help and I have not received a call from management as promised. Needless to say, none of us slept very well and were anxious to leave.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Dear psharpton,

Thank you for your review, although you were not pleased with your stay we appreciate your feedback. I apologize that you did not receive the requests that you made, I understand how frustrating that can be. Although we cannot guarentee connecting rooms like you wanted we can always guarentee accessibile rooms if this information is given to us when booking. I understand that you used a 3rd Party booking site and this information did not transmit to our reservation system however if I could offer you some advise I would suggest that if you are in need of a adjoining room or accessible room that you contact the hotel directly, that way the information is in our system and we can do our best to accomodate your requests. I know it seems as though all of the bookin sites should communicate perfectly the truth is we all make mistakes. Again I apologize for your inconvenience.

Reviewed September 1, 2012

We had a room on the top floor. It was very quiet the night that we were there even though the parking lot was pretty full. It was clean, nicely appointed, beds were supper comfortable and the room was a good size. No issues with room temperature or anything like that. There were plenty of towels. One suggestion for approval is that there was no ventilating fan in the bathroom or if there was one, ours did not function. Breakfast was provided and you could choose scrambled eggs, sausage patties, breads, fruit, juice, coffee/tea, etc, cereals/instant oatmeal (I always prefer when the oatmeal is always prepared) and, of course, waffles that you make fresh. Interestingly they had a choice of waffle batter (original or blueberry) and had a big bowl of blueberries nearby as well as whipped cream. My own little quality test is the hot water for tea--sometimes it tastes like it came from a container that had previously contained coffee--but it did not have that taste here--so Kudos on passing my pet peeve test. Front desk and cleaning staff were friendly/helpful. I forgot to bring a comb and they were able to provide own free of charge. Nice shower, good night's rest--about as close to perfect as possible!

Room Tip: I always suggest the highest floor because you have no one walking around above you. If possible, t...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Dear Helen L,

Thank you so much for your review! It is wonderful to hear that our guests are enjoying thier stay with us. I am so glad you got a quiet night's sleep and enjoyed your room. In regards to your comment about a bathroom fan, you are correct that we do not have the traditional vent in the bathroom, the contractor installed a fresh air system in our hotel and it does not funtion as a bathroom vent would. I apologize for that inconvenience. I am so glad that we passed your test--I know how frustrating the "coffee flavored" tea is as well. We hope to have you back in the future! Take care!

Reviewed September 1, 2012 via mobile

Nice hotel located in a small town. Room was a basic room with a nice small refrigerator. Breakfast was unremarkable but free. Got a great rate on Expedia so the value was excellent. Beds were hard and not overly comfortable.

Best benefit of the hotel was being able to find a room close to PSU on the home opening weekend.

• Stayed: August 2012

Dear drtpaper,

Thank you for your review of your stay with us, we appreciate you taking the time and your honesty in reviewing our property. We do apologize that we did not impress you with our beds as unfortunatly we can't pelase everyone. Our breakfast has been upgraded from what we were offering as we are part of a pilot however your feedback is important for me to relay to Marriott headquarters. Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

Stayed here briefly overnight while traveling through PA on I-80. I have to admit that the distance of the hotel from the highway is a bit of a pain, but why fault the hotel for where the town is located. This is not an on-and-off the highway hotel, but there aren't many along I-80 in this area. This works out nice because you don't hear traffic noise. The rooms are very clean and all updated with the new funky Fairfield colors (which I like). Bathroom was very clean and all the necessary amenities were available. I slept very well in the bed, it was comfy and the pillows were sturdy. Nice breakfast spread, maybe not as great as some of the other hotel chains but I was able to make my own waffle (a maple cinnamon one at that!) so that was more than satisfying for me. The staff was friendly and I was pleased with my stay. I hope to return.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Dear k86j84,

Thanks for your review and for taking the trip off I-80 to stay with us! It is nice to hear that other people enjoy are decor (I find it difficult to be in a bad mood with all the bright colors). We are happy that you enjoyed your clean and comfortable guest room. Also, thank you for your feedback ragarding our breakfast, this has been at the top of Fairfield's aganda to improve our breakfast and it has been as of now with scrambled eggs and breakfast meat in addition to the wonderful waffle you enjoyed and all of the other items we already had. We do hope you do return and we are able to provide you with equal or great service!

Reviewed July 9, 2012

We were headed midwest and needed to stop in Pa. the first night.we were pleasantly surprised. Hotel has been updated, is modern, good breakfast. Staff went out of way to make sure we were enjoying stay. Breakfast is very extensive, something for everybody. Not much doing in LockHaven - cute small town with a couple of informal places to eat. Beds great. Very clean. Felt very safe.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Lovetotrav0.

Thank you for your review, we truly appreciate your feedback. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our hotel decor (as we are relativly new opened in Sept 2009), breakfast and beds. It means a lot that you observed our clenliness and that you felt a sence of security in our hotel. Thank you again for your wonderufl review!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lock Haven
#4 of 14 in Williamsport
#1 of 1 in Milesburg
Fairfield Inn & Suites Williamsport
#2 of 2 in Mill Hall

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Lock Haven? Share your experiences!