“Nicest Fairfield Inn I've stayed at”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Lock Haven
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Lock Haven
Reviewed August 16, 2011

My toddler son and I stopped here for an overnight on our way to visit friends in New Jersey. It was the only Marriott within a several hour stretch near I-80, so we decided to try it even though it was several miles off the highway. It looks just like a lot of the other newer Fairfield Inns, but this one had a couple of extra nice things going for it (except the rooms are pretty cookie cutter Fairfield Inn). Someone was actually there to greet me when I checked in and to check me out when I left. They were able to get me a crib for my son right away, which was ideal since we arrived at 9pm. The gym was lovely and the equipment was quite new. Breakfast included waffles, which a lot of Fairfield Inns don't have, so we were thrilled with that. The pool was great a size for a small child (not too big, not too small for him), and the location was really nice. You can walk to downtown Lock Haven or to the University pretty easily. There is also a McDonald's and a Dunkin Donuts right by the hotel.

Getting to the hotel was not too difficult from the highway and took about 10 extra minutes, but being able to stay somewhere where I could walk around with my son was worth it. I will say that the turn is a bit tricky since it's not at a light. Look for the McDonald's arch and turn there because the hotel is not entirely visible from Route 150 until you've passed it already.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed August 11, 2011

We had a family reunion in a nearby town and decided to stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites in Lock Haven. The hotel was in great condition, the staff was courteous, the rooms were very clean, and the beds were very comfortable. It was well worth the price!

1  Thank silversister925
Reviewed August 4, 2011

Clean, comfortable, and accommodating. Slept well and enjoyed pool and exercise room.

Reviewed July 27, 2011

We were visiting the area to attend my mother's work picnic at Knobel's Amusement Resort. Unfortunately, this was a busy weekend around town and almost all the hotels near Danville were completely full. We found one open room with a sky high rate at a mediocre hotel in the area. After a few days, I decided to look around once more for another hotel. That's when I found the Fairfield Inn in Lock Haven. I reserved a room right away and canceled the other one. I am so glad I did!! The gentleman who greeted us upon arrival greeted me by name, was extremely kind and courteous and very very helpful. I wish I could recall his name to compliment him personally, but he was FABULOUS! The lobby and our room were both beautifully decorated and very spacious. Our beds were very comfortable and breakfast was amazing. I was expecting dry cereal and toast; not fresh,hot waffles, pastries, fresh juice and fruit, and other yummy items. We were not only impressed by the hotel but absolutely floored. Our experience was wonderful and will be back next year!

1  Thank nellehutchins
Reviewed June 19, 2011

Hotel is quite new and looks good. The front desk staff on arrival was lacluster. When asked for soap......they provided it (none was in room-a simple oversight). The desk could not have cared, never even said "sorry". Just poor attitude. The hotel has standard fairfield low quality pillows, etc. A bit pricey for june $129.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed April 10, 2011

We were in town visiting family and were happy to find a fairly new hotel in Lock Haven. The hotel was brightly colored and nicely appointed. The room was clean and the wireless internet worked very well. The pool was small but looked to be in good condition. The complimentary breakfast was nice and the attendent was helpful and friendly.

The hotel is conveniently located in the heart of town with a Dunkin Donuts across the main street and a McDonalds in front of the hotel. We ate at a restaurant called Aungst (make a right on Belefonte and go about 2 miles), which was very good.

One note is that this hotel can get busy with business travelers and they were not able to honor our room request for adjoining rooms on the first floor (though adjoining rooms were available on the second floor). This was a minor issue and the person at the front desk was friendly and helpful.

On our next visit to Lock Haven, we would definitely consider staying here again.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 20, 2010

My wife and I stayed here on route to upstate NY one night. We got stuck leaving DC in traffic. The Williamsport PA Fairfield was full so we drove about 38 minutes over to Lockhaven - I had secured a reservation earlier that week with Marriott. When we arrive at 1am or so -the 2 young ladies working the front desk, were giddy and confused -not really what you necessarily are looking for after working a full day and driving for a good 5 hours. They were flustered -could not locate the reservation, did not know what to do. Thankfully they did eventually find it, I had requested a refrigorator, they informed me it was an upgrade available for a fee. Did they really find my reservation?
The room seemed newer, it was clean -we were asleep in minutes.
In the morning, they ran out of coffee and I had to wait for some more to be made. Other than that the breakfast was good. The waffles are great! However, it was long drive for a waffle and in hindsight we'll stay in Williamsport PA next time.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Residence Inn Williamsport
Residence Inn Williamsport
#4 of 14 in Williamsport
#1 of 1 in Milesburg

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Lock Haven? Share your experiences!