My toddler son and I stopped here for an overnight on our way to visit friends in New Jersey. It was the only Marriott within a several hour stretch near I-80, so we decided to try it even though it was several miles off the highway. It looks just like a lot of the other newer Fairfield Inns, but this one had a couple of extra nice things going for it (except the rooms are pretty cookie cutter Fairfield Inn). Someone was actually there to greet me when I checked in and to check me out when I left. They were able to get me a crib for my son right away, which was ideal since we arrived at 9pm. The gym was lovely and the equipment was quite new. Breakfast included waffles, which a lot of Fairfield Inns don't have, so we were thrilled with that. The pool was great a size for a small child (not too big, not too small for him), and the location was really nice. You can walk to downtown Lock Haven or to the University pretty easily. There is also a McDonald's and a Dunkin Donuts right by the hotel.
Getting to the hotel was not too difficult from the highway and took about 10 extra minutes, but being able to stay somewhere where I could walk around with my son was worth it. I will say that the turn is a bit tricky since it's not at a light. Look for the McDonald's arch and turn there because the hotel is not entirely visible from Route 150 until you've passed it already.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay at a great hotel with superior service. Our staff is here to help you and provide you with whatever you may need while traveling. Only 35 miles from Beaver Stadium, this hotel features spacious rooms with luxurious bedding. With our on-site fitness center you don’t have to worry about ever missing a workout. Surf the web or send and receive emails with the free internet service. Every morning enjoy a complimentary breakfast included with your stay. Our guests can appreciate the beautiful views, the variety of locally owned dining options, as well as numerous outdoor activities including biking, hiking, kayaking, hunting and fishing. Whether you’re in town on business or on a leisure visit, be sure to check out the local attractions including the Little League Museum, Hyner View State Park, Piper Aviation Museum, Millbrook Playhouse, Lock Haven University, and Penns Cave. Be sure to make your way to the home of the Nittany Lions at Penn State University in State College. There are numerous activities to do, and you don’t want to miss out on them! So book your room today. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites Lock Haven reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Lock Haven Hotel Lock Haven
- Fairfield Inn And Suites Lock Haven