“Clean. Basic. Quiet...”

Lititz Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Lititz
Reviewed December 5, 2013

Just your average small hotel. Clean. Very basic breakfast. Comfortable enough. Don't expect much and you'll be happy. The lady at the front was nice. Not many people were staying there. A lot of the empty rooms were left open so it felt a little spooky. Only paid sixty dollars for the night so that was ok.

Room Tip: All the rooms seemed pretty equal.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Colette K

Reviewed October 28, 2013

I'm titling this post "Family Run" only because it really is.... By the 2 yr old running around all the way up to the Mom and friend, and the baby father (sporting the prison grin). They seem to be camping in one of the suites. I'm guessing as compensation for handling things. They were friendly and seemed to be on top of things.
The room was fairly clean, and standard. The continental breakfast was adequate in providing bagels, bread, oatmeal packets, fruit, and stale donuts. Of course coffee and orange juice. If you're an early riser, don't expect coffee to be available until around 7:30. There is a SHEETZ just up the road.

Overall, a slight uneasy feel to the place. It's small and probably does little to no business during the week. Weekend of my stay it looked as if they were 25% capacity.

Room Tip: Stay in Lititz or near Lancaster. Not many options north of Lititz.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Rick S
Reviewed October 18, 2013

We stayed for a couple of nights earlier this month. We were walk ins and still got a good deal. Better then any other that we had checked. The people at the front desk were very friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and the house keeping was like clock work. The breakfast was simple but satisfying. The location was good, right down the street from the middle of town. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. in fact next year when we come up we will be staying there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 5, 2013

We were in Pa. for 12 days and this was our least favorite motel and the most expensive. It is way overpriced. ($95 for 2) Foreigners run it and they don't speak English that well. She could not even give us directions on how to get there and we were in Lititz. Of course she couldn't give us directions to the next town. She lives in the motel and you have to ring a bell to get her attention. She is hardly ever in the lobby. The continental breakfast, which is pretty lame, is put out whenever she decides to. We asked her how to call a 1-800 number on our room phone and she didn't know how. We weren't able to make any calls on the phone. The clock didn't work in the room and other things. We were there on a weekend and there were only 2 cars in the parking lot.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank jaylan23
Reviewed August 6, 2013

There is no doubt that writing this review pains me and I have thought long and hard about it, but finally decided it would be to the benefit of everyone to put it out in the open. This conveniently located and what used to be a great small hotel in the heart of Lancaster County has lately changed management. I believe that the new management views cleanliness, customer service, and aesthetics very differently than I do and probably than you too. The exterior is neglected with rusty trash cans, a crumbling retaining wall, overgrown weeds, and benches that are covered with bird droppings and unusable.

As for the rooms, they have the same décor they had 10 plus years ago, except now the walls have the marks from use such as bangs, holes, black and other colors marks, and all kinds of announcements taped to them. There are also cracks around the windows and some show the recent caulk that has not been painted over. The carpets carry the stains of many years of neglect, especially in the hallways and the stairs including impeded chewing gum. The toilet seats are worn to the point that their original white color is now replaced by the dark color of scratches and nicks. I have even seen mold in the ceiling above the shower head and encrusted dirt along the floor in the corners of the bath room. The furniture is scratched, banged-up and dated. The air conditioning is the window type with the controls at the unit, noisy, and blows cold or hot air consistently, which exposes the sleeper closest to it to blowing air all night long. As for soap and shampoo, you better bring your own, since soap and shampoo are not regularly replenished.

Finally, to add insult to injury, the hotel does not appear to do the rooms daily at least if you are on an extended stay. This seems to happen in the early days of the week (Monday and Tuesday). When you tell the lady at the desk that the room is not made, she smiles and says, I told the cleaning lady to clean it, I am not certain why she did not. Then she adds, with a nice smile, I will make sure it gets done tomorrow and when tomorrow comes and the room is still not made, you get the same story. When I told her that I believe that they do not want us back, she responds “why is that?” I guess because the hotel is economically priced there is a feel by the ownership and management that you would put up with anything to get the low price. But one wonders if it is worth it. My opinion is if you plan ahead you can find a much better place for a long stay at a price that is as low and you stay in a cleaner and better service oriented place. As much as it pains me after over 10 years of staying there I will never go back.

In the final analysis, I believe this is a place for a one night stay. So if you find yourself in the area and you need a room for one night, this maybe the place for you, cheep, relatively clean and you can get in and out and do not need attention. To spend a week or any extended period, you are better off going somewhere else.

Room Tip: good for one night but not for an extended stay.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Valiant10000
Reviewed July 10, 2013

A friend of mine and I were taking our girls to see the One Direction concert at the Hersheypark Stadium and THANKFULLY decided to get lodging after the concert, despite living 2 hours away. (I still thank my lucky stars I made this decision because one only needs to read reviews for Hersheypark and its Stadium to realize what a fiasco their parking situation is, resulting in 2 hour waits to get out of the lot.) The Warwick was the answer to our prayers. With most hotels in the entire area already booked (or incredibly over-priced), it was a welcome relief to find availability here. The hotel is very standard, much like any other basic amenities hotel, though the amenities are a little lacking, as it is independently owned and operated. The rooms were quite adequate, plenty of room and clean and tidy. It was a nice quiet stay. It was priced right and perfectly acceptable for a quick overnight stay. I would highly recommend it if you are spending a night or two in the area and just looking for a quiet, comfortable place to stay. The only real disappointment was that the ice and vending machines did not work and the continental breakfast left a lot to be desired.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Stayed here for two nights, can't complain about anything. Major thing I look for in a hotel is cleanliness. Nothing seemed out of place, clean and comfortable! Breakfast was toast, bagels and that kind of stuff. Worked for me. The price is right for what you get!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Tripsay1234
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lititz
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites/Lititz
Lancaster Inn & Suites
Lancaster Inn & Suites
#5 of 7 in Manheim
Eden Resort and Suites, BW Premier Collection
Hilton Garden Inn Lancaster
Comfort Suites Manheim - Lancaster
Comfort Inn & Suites Manheim - Lebanon

Been to Lititz Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!