“Don't waste your time or money”

Cafe Chocolate of Lititz
Ranked #2 of 7 Dessert in Lititz
Cuisines: International, Healthy
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
trenton nj
“Don't waste your time or money”
Reviewed June 26, 2009

We looked for this place based on positive internet reviews. Huge disappointment. Pleasant servers but terribly slow. Had to seat ourselves, wait for menus, which were very limited in choices. The only beef on the menu was a hotdog, which I ordered, but "they were out of hotdogs". Nothing else on the limited menu appealed to me, so I ordered french fries. For $5, I got a bowl of greasy undercooked fries. Had to wait again for them to bring salt for the fries since none available at any of the tables. I had completed my "meal" before my husband's food arrived. He ordered a ham and cheese sandwich (not real ham, by the way) which was actually about a half of a small sandwich. My son ordered the naked flatbread pizza...taste OK but serving was very small.Had to wait again to pay. Left hungry and aggravated after spending $28, and cannot believe anyone would reccomend this place.

Harrisburg, PA
“What a disappointment”
Reviewed December 12, 2008

We spent the day in Lititz for my birthday on 12-6-08. I do my research when we do these little roadtrips so I knew the menu, the whole deal. It was my pick for my birthday lunch! I was excited. We walked in where we were welcomed. We sat down and were completely ignored for about 10 minutes. This place was NOT busy. Not in the least. I think the individual who eventually waited on us was the owner. She was busy having a conversation with the man at the counter. We had to grab menus from the neighboring table. Finally she came to our table and she did apologize. Okay. Fine. Then we order our food. I'm a vegetarian, so I always research menus before I go somewhere so I knew what I wanted. Duane ordered the the Organic Breakfast Plate and this is the exact description: Organic Breakfast Plate – combination of smoked chicken-apple sausage, 2 egg omelet with sundried tomatos, Vermont cheddar & fresh herbs, and oven baked potato wedges – $9.95 WOW! right? We always try and eat organic, so this is a homerun! I had the portabella mushroom burger. When we got our food, Duane's plate looked half empty and very sad. He said that it tasted just like the egg breakfast you can get at McDonalds, synthetic. It was no food whatsever...which I can actually deal with if the food is GOOD. The burger was "okay"...nothing I can't get from Morningstar Farms. What a birthday disappointment. I will say that the coffee was good. Later on in our day, we had a soft pretzel after taking the Sturgis Pretzel tour and it cost a $1.00. It was 100 times better than our so-called organic lunch. Sad. I've gone to many an organic cafe (The Zenith in Pittsburgh is amazing) where they don't rob you blind and provide great service. Food disappointing, service horrible.

Boston area
“Café Chocolate: A Lovely surprise in Lititz”
Reviewed August 30, 2008

We stumbled upon this little store front in downtown Lititz completely by luck. We should have such luck playing the lottery! Café Chocolate is an extraordinary café and chocolatier right where we were expecting something quite ordinary. A touch of chocolate graced every dish in a unique and palate-pleasing way. Our lunch included a chili with a genuine mole adding notes of cocoa and chilies. We had a couple kids in tow and they enjoyed the fact that you could have boutique sodas or a chocolate soda (better than the old-fashioned kind!), and we enjoyed the fresh green salad with the chocolate balsamic dressing. The flatbread pizza was the go-to item for the finicky one.

After reading some other reviews on Tripadvisor, we would agree that this is more like a lunch/snack place or a place for a light dinner than someplace where you would have your big meal. The service is leisurely, knowlegeable, and pleasant. If you can possibly do so, try to sit in the garden in the back. It was a delicious and relaxing experience, and a unique one in an area where one would not expect to find a café devoted to fair-market, sustainably harvested cocoa products, prepared with a gourmet touch.

1 Thank gill052
Pottstown, PA
“This is "heaven"!!!!”
Reviewed July 3, 2008

For any chocolate lover this place is a MUST.
This not just a restruant but an experience. My husband and I went for brunch and from the time we walked in the door until we left; the food and service was wonderful and fun. The hot chocolate tastes like a candy bar melting in your mouth (we added a shot of expresso-yum). I had dark chocolate crepes that were soooo good, my hubby had eggs, potatoes and chicken sausages which he raved about. Then for a cold drink we had a drink that tasted like a strawberry dipped in chocolate-I'm not kidding!!! For dessert we had what else-chocolate fondue-we literally licked the bowl. We left with truffles-that are incredible. This place will make not only chocolte lovers happpy but coffee drinkers and anyone wanting a delisous meal or snack. All food is organic and fair trade--it really is the best of the best. The owner is very knowledgeable in her products and travels to check them out-She is the "professor of chocolate"!!
Definately worth a stop!!!
I know I'll be back!!!!!!!

Lancaster County
“Different”
Reviewed March 26, 2008

I visited this restaurant after reading a prior review. I found the food to be good and fresh. However, I would consider this to be a lunch restaurant (not dinner). It is more of a coffee shop with good sandwiches. Be prepared to have a leisurely experience since we found the service to be VERY friendly & VERY slow. Glad I went but cannot imagine returning.