“My Favorite Spot”

Cuisines: International, Healthy
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 19, 2013

I stopped going to the Chocolate Cafe for a quite a while, as the owner was quite overbearing. It was hard to just enjoy a cup of coffee while that hyper woman stood over me telling me all about the health benefits of Chocolate. I think tourists love that kind of interaction, but it was really disturbing. The rest of her staff is lovely, and I used to try to sneak in for coffee and a sandwich hoping Selena wasn't there.

HOWEVER, I heard the Cafe is under new management so I popped back in and talked with the staff. They are such a wonderful group of women!! They provide the real experience that the old owner was always trying to manufacture. They are funny and chatty but know when to let you just chill with your Turbo. The Cafe is also cleaner than it used to be, and I think the artwork was rearranged as well. The new owner is named Janice, and she is wonderful! She is apparently re-doing the menu little by little, and I can tell the food is better than when I used to go here.

Give the Cafe a chance, whether you are a local or travelling from abroad. There is a slower pace of life in Lititz, so if you come from a big city and want 4 teenagers shouting coffee instructions and sending burned corporate beans with vaguely italian names to you in under 20 seconds, this isn't your place. I always get great service there and it's fast and friendly.

Going back soon!! See you there :)

2  Thank travelller333

Reviewed July 12, 2013

My husband & I have stopped here on several occasions as we live in Lititz. One thing I can say is that I found them to be consistent. The drinks & menu items are tasty and the atmosphere is laid back & relaxing. However, don't expect great service. The staff always seems preoccupied and during our most recent visit, they were discussing politics. Loudly. We felt very uncomfortable.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

I tried to give it a go, and stopped here once to eat lunch, and in a couple of times to try some of the drinks. Everything I ordered was very poor tasting and overpriced. The people working at the counter didn't seem very attentive, and took a very long time making one drink (with no other customers in the café). The menu is very limited and I do wish I had enjoyed my experience, since I love chocolate.

1  Thank R T
Reviewed June 22, 2013

We stopped for afternoon coffee and tea. Each came with chocolate on the side. Both were good. It is a comfortable atmosphere. There is a book shelf for books to look at while you are there.

1  Thank Rachel H
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Great location downtown, but the food is bland, taste like it was cooked in a microwave. Very high priced for boring food.
Coffee/chocolate products tasted great, but again, very overpriced.
More of a tourist trap than a place locals go to.

1  Thank Gomez-Pz