“Bed experience.”

Dining options: Breakfast
Harrisonburg, Virginia
“Bed experience.”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

This restaurant was a big disappointment. I sent my bowl of potato soup back.....was nothing more than mashed potatoes with lumps! Others in my party had the buffet selections....they were not happy. I would not make a return visit and can not recommend this to my friends.

• Visited September 2013

Reading, Pennsylvania
“Scoop of ice cream finishes the buffet!”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

This is a wonderful country restaurant. The buffet is not the largest in the area, but offered a nice selection of entrees...my favorites were ham balls in pineapple sauce and the baked corn. The soups were good and the salad bar had all the fixings! The dessert bar had a nice selection of pies, puddings, hot apple cobbler and whoopie pies. The best part is the scoop of ice cream to finish the meal! The menu is filled with PA Dutch staples and the usual diner fare. There is a market and gift shop attached so it makes for a fun evening.

• Visited September 2013
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Always good”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

If you want good home cooking, Oregon Dairy Restaurant has it for you. This a good mainstay to come in Lancaster County for a good breakfast, lunch or dinner. Their own made ice cream should always follow your dinner.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank dsbru
Wilmington, Delaware
“Good Fresh Food, Great place for kids!”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

We ordered off the menu and also had the buffet. The Chicken Salad sandwich with mandarin oranges and dried cranberries was wonderful! Ice cream was delicious! The buffet is small compared to some of the others in Lancaster County. Most of what is on the buffet is on the menu. The food is very good and the staff is courteous and the kids each get a goody bag when they arrive.

• Visited August 2013
Lindenhurst, New York
“An excellent warm friendly place for a meal.”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

We had breakfast here while visiting Lancaster last weekend. The service was excellent and the food was very tasty and a very good value. I try and do my research before taking a trip and we travel often. We weren't expecting to spend money in a restaurant for breakfast because all of the hotels we booked on our trip offered a free breakfast. We travel every month or every other month and have to watch our budget in order to afford the luxury of vacationing so often. We purposely when planning our trips look for resorts that are all inclusive or if its not a resort then we usually choose hotels that offer complimentary breakfast. It just allows us to spend less money in the food area and use it for activities or our main dinner meal. Unfortunately, the first night of our trip was spent at a hotel that was not up to the usual standards that we prefer in accommodations. That being said we already decided before going to bed that we were not going to be eating the complimentary breakfast that was included in our stay. I logged into tripadviser and started my research. I came across this restaurant and although there were some that did post a few negative comments, I use it as a guide and I don't always believe everything I read. I know some people can find fault with the nicest places so I go with my gut feeling and just read as many reviews as possible. I also pulled up the restaurants menu and was so surprised to see such reasonable prices and such a lengthy menu. The meal descriptions seemed so extensive. I love country type food and being in the atmosphere of farmland like in the Lancaster area. Just the word dairy in the name of the restaurant was very appealing to me. I also noticed a lovely and somewhat unique offer in almost all of the different meal choices. A free donut and glass of milk. I thought how nice is that. It makes sense that a dairy farm would offer something to each of their customers that shows off what they are making I guess pretty regular. Its just that nobody seems to do that, nobody wants to give you anything extra for nothing. This was one of the deciding factors in choosing this place for our breakfast. I had narrowed it down to 3 and went with Oregon dairy.

Now for the review. The service was rather quick, A short wait when we arrived, but that shows you that a place is usually good if people are waiting just to go in. Our waitress Sheila was so lovely and friendly. The service once seated was extremely quick. The menu had so many options I couldn't decide because everything sounded so delicious. Our waitress Sheila asked us if we wanted our donut and milk and I asked her about them and being freshly made and she very nicely explained to me they are and I was excited to try both. Well, my fiancé and I split the donut to save room for our meal and it was absolutely delicious and it wasn't a dunkiin donut,,you could clearly taste the difference in the quality. The milk was also very creamy and delicious. They complimented each other. Then our meals came and the portion sizes were huge. I had a skillet egg combo dish and my fiancée had a combo egg dish also. Everything was so hot and tasted so fresh and delicious. We were getting so full from the large portion but both kept eating it tasted so good. The place has a very upbeat happy atmosphere and it was a pleasure to enjoy a nice meal. The prices are very reasonable and the staff very hard working from what I could see. We definitely recommend this to anyone reading these reviews. All around you can't go wrong with the Oregon Farm. My fiancée wanted to come back another morning to enjoy another breakfast but unfortunately since we changed to a different hotel I reminded him that we have to stay in our budget and take advantage of the complimentary breakfast at the hotel, but we will come back to the Oregon Dairy on our next trip back to the Amish Country. I was only disappointed I couldn't try the ice cream that I read countless positive reviews about but we will be back for that too!!! One last thing, we also enjoyed looking at the lovely grounds and animals on this farm. They were beautiful and they also had a lovely playground for kids. We also purchased some of the restaurants coffee because it was so delicious and noticed the 12oz bags for sale at the register when we paid. The coffee was delicious and we were happy to notice that they sold it and for a decent price as well. So, if you can try this restaurant you will be pleased!

• Visited August 2013