“Great pork BBQ sandwich!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Sturgis Haus - CLOSED

The Sturgis Haus
Cuisines: American, Brew Pub, Cafe, Barbecue
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: -Slow smoked brisket, pork, chicken, turkey,and other speacilties -Our own cured and smoked bacon -Homemade rubs and sauces -6 taps of our handcrafted beer -growlers to go -Full service espresso bar
Lititz, Pennsylvania
“Great pork BBQ sandwich!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

A friend recommended this place for the barbecue. I was a bit skeptical because of the negative reviews, but I'm glad I decided to try it anyway. It was GREAT!! My father and I ordered take out for lunch. We both had the pulled pork sandwich with the sweet BBQ sauce and a side of German potato salad. Both were awesome and are a great deal. We decided to order an extra side of beans and the dill macaroni salad too. The total was around $18 and well worth it. I can't really speak to the in-house service but the to go service was excellent. My order was ready in 10 minutes and waiting for me when I got there. They even included silverware without me having to ask for it. If you're looking for some good BBQ for lunch, this is the place!

Visited April 2014
2 Thank Denise O

“Meh”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

They advertise 6 beers on tap. They had 3. And they weren't good. rye stout and wheat were flat and had little taste. Hopefully with more practice they will be better.

beerkinglititz, Owner at The Sturgis Haus, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
We are a nano-brewery. Which means we brew small 10 gallon batches at a time. We usually have 6 on tap at all times. We recently had a write up about growler fills and it totally wiped us out on the other 3 taps. We brew real beer and serve it at traditional temperatures as stated on the giant chalk board in the dining room. ALL of our ales are traditionally carbonated, no fizzy beer here!
Pa
“tasty!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

Our first trip here and it was delicious. We had a panini and a burger. The burger had smoked bacon on it and it was delicious. The german potato salad and baked beans were also very good. Not a huge fan of the beer but the food was great.

• Visited March 2014
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Very Good!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014

I had breakfast there this morning, was very good, plently of Food, the Sauages were Awesome!,we has four different kinds, the Pancake was huge!, We had the Sample tray of Beer, all four were good, especially the Red,Can't wait to go back.

• Visited January 2014
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Might rate it better if I could get some food!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

On a recent Friday night my Wife, Son and I decided to go try out this restaurant. It was 7:40 PM when we walked in the door and the place was empty. We were greeted by the waitress with "Are you all just having drinks"? (Yea, my 15 year old Son here wants a shot!) Something like "Welcome to the Sturgis Haus" would have been nice? I told her we would like to order some dinner. She replies, "Oh sorry the kitchen closes at 8:00". I reply that your website says your Friday hours are till 9:00? She responds, "Oh there our Summer hours, we didn't get our website updated yet." WAIT, ISN'T IT JANUARY?? I didn't realize that it wasn't even 8:00PM until after we left! We got in our car and drove down main street and turned around. By the time we drove past the restaurant again at 7:50 PM the lights were out and the place was dark. Don't trust their posted hours. I cannot speak for the quality of their food or beer because I never got any. As far as their welcomeness, let's just say I'll probably never go back.

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank Mike C
beerkinglititz, Owner at The Sturgis Haus, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Sorry for your inconvenience, and yes in Lititz the winter hours start in January. We have our hours posted on the door and did update them on Facebook. We were in process of updating the web site the day you came in. Please keep in mind that we are an espresso bar as well, so when asked if you wanted drinks that doesn't mean just shots (which we don't sell any way.) It is common practice to close your kitchen at least half an hour before your establishment closes.