“Not a brewpub, but yum”
Review of The Sturgis Haus - CLOSED

The Sturgis Haus
Cuisines: Barbecue, Brew Pub
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast
Description: -Slow smoked brisket, pork, chicken, turkey,and other speacilties -Our own cured and smoked bacon -Homemade rubs and sauces -6 taps of our handcrafted beer -growlers to go -Full service espresso bar
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our BBQ lunches and beer, but agree with other reviewers that it is not a traditional brewpub atmosphere. It is more like a luncheonette, they even have coffee mugs on the wall. So if you are looking for a bar/ brewpub atmosphere, this is not the place..but if you are looking for good food and good beer and don't mind dinner type setting, you will enjoy this place.

1  Thank MegBlue

Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

Stopped in Lititz on our way to another destination. Found the S. Haus open for business around 2pm. Smelled delicious from the street. opened the door and quite frankly wanted to turn tail as the place is eclectic and doesn't seem to know if it is a pub or coffee house. sat ourselves at a clean but yucky beige vinyl colored table with metal backed chairs. A person greeted us and brought a menu over. menu had a decent sampling of sandwiches, salads and bque items as well drinks-soft to coffee. A chalk board on the wall indicated the craft beers on tap. Since we still had a long drive did not sample the delicious sounding offerings. After placing our order we had to wait 15 min for our drink our mind you it was ice tea which was already brewed and in a pitcher. Had to physically go up and request our drink order .We were also the only people now in the restaurant.All staff of possibly 3, seemed more interested in a phone call and a two year old(one of theirs?)than customers. It was hard to believe that I stayed but glad I did as the bque sandwiches,dilly mac,colesaw,and beans are something to write home about. Kudos to the chef. I do not know if chef is owner but if she is update the place asap,figure your concept out as it is weird drinking beer in a room with customers personal mugs and faded coffee theme wallpaper. Also hire staff that are friendly and professional. Did not try any pastry as the offerings were pitiful.Restroom which is gender neutral ,was clean but really needs updates.

1  Thank Kim A
Reviewed November 20, 2012

We were very dissapointed when we walked in door to a small diner. We were expecting more of a brewpub atmosphere. Plus the one beer that my husband was interested in trying....they were out of!

Food was okay. Sauces didn't seem homemade to us. The house salad was good and fresh but the meals were just okay. Didn't care for bbq sauce in corn nor did we care for the baked beans. Pulled pork was good.

beerkinglititz, Owner at The Sturgis Haus, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2012

Thank you for your input-yes,we are not your usual brewpub-we do not have that traditional brewpub atmosphere. As stated in the previous response on the previous reveiw.The beers that are available are listed on the chalk board and the taps change regularly.We are a brewpub,we make ALL our beers in small batches on the premises,so once they are gone,there're gone.All sauces ARE homemade! You can stop by and watch them being made anytime.We will be "updating" our atmosphere and revising the menu for 2013

Reviewed November 19, 2012

I was expecting more of a brewpub atmosphere, so I was a little surprised to discover it's more of a luncheonette. With that said, my turkey-bacon pannini was a good size and tasty. The bacon was pretty peppery, which I liked. The house salad was a nice romaine salad. My other side was the baked beans. Tasty, but all I got was sauce. Very little beanage in my cup. My bf's brisket was decent. He also had the chocolate-rye beer that was on tap and he liked it a lot. The only thing I was really disappointed in was that a small glass of wine was $7. That's pretty steep. Service was good. Nice place to grab a bite in Lititz and reasonably priced.

beerkinglititz, Owner at The Sturgis Haus, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

Thank you for the positive review,and yes we are a brewpub.We do make all our beer on the premises which by definition is a brewpub.Though not a traditional brewpub,we mix it up a little with a cafe theme.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

It has changed names, but the hot chocolate is still really great. They serve food. We have yet to try the food with the new owners, hope it is as good as before.