“Would absolutely return!”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: New - opened in this location very recently
“Would absolutely return!”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

A few friends and I visited the fire and ice event in lititz on February 16th and decided to check out this restaurant after hearing great recommendations. We didn't call ahead so we had to wait a bit but that wasn't a big deal since it could have been avoided had we called. Once we were seated our service was prompt and friendly despite the crowded atmosphere. The food came out hot, delicious, and quickly. The beer selection was great (I recommend a flight if you can't decide). The hostesses were wonderful and friendly and our waitress was exceptional. I can't say enough positive things about our visit except that we will absolutely be back in the near future!

1 Thank RMiller79

Pennsylvania
“They did the right thing”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

This was our third trip to Appalachian (we're locals) and we knew they don't take reservations but instead have "call ahead" seating. I'd checked in earlier and they told us to come right in, there should be a table available shortly for us. While we were waiting for our table, two women who were obviously regulars walked into the restaurant, told the front desk they were going to sit at the bar. Unfortunately, the bar was full, and then one of the women promptly walked to a table in the restaurant, put her coat on one of the chairs and got her friend and they both sat down! The hostesses saw what had happened and did nothing! We then inquired as to why the two women got a seat before we did (even though we'd called ahead and had been waiting about 10 minutes). The hostess seemed very confused and called for a Manager. The Manager heard our story, and then promptly told the women that they'd have to wait their turn for a table. They got very huffy and ended up going to the bar anyway where 2 stools had opened up for them. Needless to say for the rest of our stay the two women had their stools turned around and stared at us while we ate a few tables away. We stared right back at them since we refused to be bullied. We're happy that the Manager did the right thing and told the women to wait for their turn for a table but I just wish the hostess had had the guts to do it herself. Other than that unfortunate incident we had a lovely time at Appalachian, the beer is great, we love the ambiance and the food is usual pub fare, nothing special. We'll go back again.

• Visited February 2013
Leola, Pennsylvania
“Very Caring Staff”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

The title above is the only redeeming aspect of this establishment. I must be wrong because of the fullness of the parking lot says that people love this place. Would I return NO. First of all I don't drink alcohol so why did I give them my business except to treat our sons that do like great beer. My husband and I had their highly recommended half pound hamburg but the part of the bun under the meat was soo soggy that we had to eat it with a fork. Really I should have sent it back. It was nothing to write home about. Our waitress was very attentive and the greeters were there to please the customer.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank romakoc
Lititz, Pennsylvania, United States
“Nice use of a old structure”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

A newly renovated factory building put to a good use in a historic town of Lititz. The micro brews are very tasty and the wait staff were friendly. there is a large array of bar type food that is prepared well. Their seemed to be a nice mixed group of locals and tourist . A fun place to meet people!

• Visited December 2012
tulsa
“OK Beer, Terrible Food”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

I went to the appalacian brewery 2 weeks ago with my friend. I did ok with a hamburger but she ordered the fish and became violently ill later that evening into the next day. Since then
I've spoken to 3 other people of mine who said the food didn't agree with them although not
nearly as bad as my friend. What's going on Appalacian?

IMO, If you want an incredible beer selection and a great atmosphere you'd do better to go down the street to the Bulls Head.

• Visited December 2012