“Be honest when you screw up”
Review of Tomato Pie Cafe

Tomato Pie Cafe
Ranked #3 of 80 Restaurants in Lititz
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: An urban style eatery with a unique, simple, flavorful menu.Quality Espresso & Brew Coffee.A cozy, intimate atmosphere.
“Be honest when you screw up”
Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

We came in for lunch with a party of five. Told by the hostess the table would open within 20 minutes so we waited. Ten minutes later the manager walked through and asked if we were the party of five with a reservation. We said "No," and he asked nothing else. I got that sinking feeling but unfortunately failed to get assertive (with the kids...). Twenty minutes later, our table goes to another party of five as soon as they arrived. I understand reservations, JUST DO NOT LIE.

Stay away

• Polish first
pennsylvania
“Almost perfect”
Reviewed March 12, 2014

This was the 1st time we ate at the Tomato Pie Cafe although we live near and have been to Lititz numerous times. We were both exceedingly pleased witht he food. It was so well prepared and, most importantly, very fresh. The staff were a little perfunctory but in their defense, it was very busy. Lovely old building, but I thought they tried to cram a few too many tables in it. All in all a great place for lunch. Oh, and the coffee is superb!

• Visited March 2014
Lititz, Pennsylvania
“Fresh and Different”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

This is a very good breakfast and lunch place in downtown Lititz. Within easy walking distance from the shops. The menu has some unusual items (I like the tomato pie), and they make very good coffee.

• Visited November 2013
Lititz, Pennsylvania
“Great Place for Women”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Not my cup of tea... My wife loved it and has gone back several times, we just agree to disagree.
I wasn't excited about their feature item, a small piece of tomato pie. I felt way out of place there as I'm not a metrosexual sort of guy. They must appeal to a nitch group as it is always crowded so maybe it's just me?

• Visited April 2013
Horsham, Pennsylvania
“Ice festival visit”
Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

Was in town for fire and ice festival. Wife and i had been here before. She really like the tomato pie while I am just a soup and sandwich kinda guy. We were greeted and seated within about five minutes of our arrival. On this occasion we were seated in upstairs dining area. The food was well prepared and my wife got a sandwich to go. We will be back on our next visit to lititz.

Visited February 2014