“Delicious Namesake Dish”

Tomato Pie Cafe
Ranked #2 of 80 Restaurants in Lititz
Cuisines: American, Healthy, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: An urban style eatery with a unique, simple, flavorful menu.Quality Espresso & Brew Coffee.A cozy, intimate atmosphere.
Reviewed May 29, 2012

The tomato pie at Tomato Pie is delicious! There are several yummy dishes to choose from in a recently redecorated and enlarged dining space. The only negative I can think of is that it's so good and popular that it is sometimes too crowded. Give it a try next time you're in the Lititz area.

Reviewed May 27, 2012

the food was delicious and reasonably priced. The seating is a bit crowded and had to walk a flight of steps

Reviewed May 9, 2012

I've now eaten here a few times, and I've reviewed it once before. I have never reviewed a place twice, but I wanted to make the point that after all this time, it's still a fantastic place to eat. It does get a little busy and noisy because of the machinery used to make all of their specialty drinks, but I think it adds to the atmosphere. The wait staff dresses in great outfits, and are all very knowledgeable and professional. I ordered the tomato pie, and my friend ordered the grilled cheese sandwich, and we both absolutely loved everything. I also got a glass of their iced tea, which was great, although I wish they offered some fruit flavored iced tea... The only complaint I have is that they have their air conditioning ducts coming out of the wall at foot-level, under the seats, and when they turned on, both my friend and I literally got "cold feet." So, if you're sensitive to things like that, you'll be better off sitting at a table in the middle of the room.

1  Thank Leslie H
Reviewed April 22, 2012

Very reasonable, delicious food. We ordered the tomato pie (afterall...if you are to name the restaurant after a dish, you should order that dish). Was simply delicious.

Reviewed March 17, 2012

Your first tip that you won't be eating cookie-cutter, freeze-dried franchise chemicals is the building itself. Tomato Pie Cafe occupies a beautiful Victorian house on the main drag of the charming, botique section of Lititz.

We visited for lunch on a Saturday. At noon.

Inside, you get a continuation of quirky and unique decor. The old wood staircase has been refurbished, the light fixtures seem to reflect the period, and the staff all wear bowler hats of their own choosing. Cute.

I love quiche, which is why I rarely order it. I don't want to be disappointed. I ordered chicken - bacon quiche. When it comes to the shapes and colors of all the foods in the world, the variations are virutally endless.

So when my plate arrived with two pale yellow wedges on it, I was taken aback. One pale yellow wedge was the quiche. (I thought the server said bacon, maybe not, because I didn't detect any in the quiche.) The other pale yellow wedge was scone. Calling it scone is a disservice. This little geometry of starch is the best: moist like cake and the herbs make your tongue dance for joy.

My companion, who is normally quiet, volunteered twice how good his turkey mesquite, pesto, tomato and muenster cheese penini was.

Our other diner ordered, yes, tomato pie. It looked like an open crust apple pie except filled with sliced tomatos and cheese. The eater commented on the lovely flavor of herbs. His wife who, had a taste, said the tomato pie tasted like pizza. The husband disagreed.

My rooibos tea was served in a small (but deceptively capacious) tea pot with a screen insert for the loose tea. Way better than a metal pot with a clanky hinged lid.

All meals came with fresh greens dressed with a light vinagrette.

Service was perfect from the time we entered until we left, even though the cafe was buzzing with patrons who know a good place to eat when they find one. They found one.

I hope to return and try different items off the simple but artful menu.