“Wonderful Stay in Lititz”

Hammer Creek Hideaway Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #5 of 10 Lititz B&B and Inns
West Caldwell, New Jersey
“Wonderful Stay in Lititz”
Reviewed December 8, 2013

We just returned from a weekend stay at Hammer Creek Hideaway. It is a great little B&B with beautiful accommodations and very friendly hosts. The room was large and clean, and the breakfasts were creative and delicious. The hosts were attentive and made us feel very much at home. They were very helpful with driving directions and gave us a great advice in planning our days. The house is only a short drive to downtown Lititz, which is a wonderful place to explore, especially during the Christmas season. We greatly enjoyed our stay and look forward to coming back as soon as we can!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Greg S

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Marcellus, New York
Reviewed September 29, 2013

More than I had expected. The accommodations are beautiful. It was quiet and very comfortable. We stayed in the Rose Garden Suite. Our hosts were very hospitable and were great at giving directions to places we wanted to see. Breakfast was over the top! It was 3 courses each morning. We were set for each day and did not have to eat until dinner. Each course was delicious and should have been in a magazine. We will be staying here again. Thank you for such a memorable experience. Karen and Mil are folks that we look forward to seeing again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Charles L
Deptford, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed June 21, 2013

My wife Lisa and I spent two days here (June 2013) and had an extremely pleasant stay. Our hosts made us feel very much at home and were very friendly and helpful. Our room was spacious and comfortable, spotless and well appointed.

Our two breakfasts were of gourmet quality. Both started out with fresh fruit (some of it from our host's garden) followed by a sumptuous main course (savory ham stuffed french toast and cheesy potatoes the first morning, Dutch omelets and potatoes the second) followed by a dessert course. In addition, our hostess greeted us upon arrival with iced tea and placed delicious home made chocolates in our room.

We were delighted with both our accommodations and treatment. I'm happy to recommend this bed and breakfast and intend to stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Daniel S
Elkridge, Maryland
Reviewed June 10, 2013

My husband and I have never stayed at a B&B before. We are typically Hilton Hotel people or similar-like lodging. But, we found a Living Social deal to stay at Hammer Creek B&B so we thought this was the perfect time to give it a try. And, we both have been working a lot and needed a relaxing weekend away together.

This B&B is in a new, modern home. There are 3 rooms, each with their own private bathrooms. We stayed on the main floor in the Prestige Suite and two other couples were also there that weekend in the suites located in the lower level of the home. Karen and Mil are the owners of the B&B and are fabulous people. They are sweet, sincere, hospitable people and they made some amazing 3-course breakfasts. There is a starter (typically melons or berries with a yummy fruity drizzle on top), then your main breakfast and then a breakfast "dessert". To. Die. For! You get a key to your room and also a code for the front door so that even after hours, you can come and go as you please. On our first night we came back to our room and there was a plate of chocolates waiting on our bed. We ate them all!

If you are looking for a quiet, country get away and a B&B run by a fabulous couple, then I would say head to Hammer Creek! It is a slower pace of life and is really out in the country but also only a few miles away from Lancaster, the outlets, Amish markets and downtown Lititz (take the Sturgis Pretzel factory tour!) so you can head to attractions and things to do. The owners also have a chicken coop where they get their fresh eggs and the chickens are adorable. We even got to feed the chickens. The 2 other couples staying the same weekend we stayed had been to this B&B before and were return guests. Now I can see why!

Another thing I wanted to state in this review was how clean the home and rooms are. Spotless! Clean. Modern. Fresh. Great sheets on the bed. Spacious, pristine bathroom. The shared areas are equally as clean and well kept including the kitchen. You can tell that Karen and Mil take pride in their home and the running of a B&B. Great weekend!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank julesmd1974
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I had a wonderful time at this b&b!!! Our room (prestige suite), the food (absolutely amazing!!!!) and our amazing hosts (Karen and Mil) made it truly memorable and something I'm looking forward to repeating!! I would absolutely recommend hammer creek hideaway to anyone looking for a wonderful vacation, because it truly was for me :-)-Jenny

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank Jennyvpm
Edison, New Jersey
Reviewed April 10, 2013

My husband and I stayed 2 nights in the Prestige Suite and couldn't be happier with the experience. The B&B was fantastic, our room was perfect and extremely comfortable. Karen and Mil were gracious, warm hosts and we felt comfortable immediately. There was both a deck and patio that we could sit on and enjoy the beautiful views of the neighboring farms and yes the creek that runs along the property.
Karen is a wonderful cook and the 3 course breakfast was absolutely delicious, she was sure to check with us about any food allergies we may have.. At no point did we feel that we lacked privacy or were uncomfortable. My husband is a very early riser and felt right at home sitting in the living room reading. If you are looking for an anonymous person in a uniform standing behind a desk than stick to a Holiday Inn but if you want a peaceful, relaxing place to stay than I highly recommend the Hammer Creek Hideaway. My husband and I would have loved to stay longer and we are anxiously looking forward to a longer stay in the Fall.

Room Tip: Sorry for the rating on a pool, there is none but I don't know how to change. The Prestige Suite...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Richmond, Virginia, United States
Reviewed April 3, 2013

At first glance,I wasn't sure about staying in a modern home for a B&B. Not only was I wrong, but I found that by staying at this B&B I was blessed beyond my greatest experiences for B&Bs.Karen and Mill were the perfect hosts.My wife and I stayed in a spacious room on the bottom floor .This floor had its own great room for watching the basketball tournament or for visiting with other guests .
After dinner we returned to find turndown service along with some of the worlds finest chocolates.Cookies were on the table in the great room along with coffee from the Keurig. The next morning we were treated to a three course breakfast that can not be topped anywhere in the world.
Two nights at this B&B were a blessed place to be. Karen and Mill (a religious couple) were not imposing ,only sharing hospitality that was just so kind and gracious.

Room Tip: All rooms in this B&B offer a good choice. If you have trouble walking stairs then the room on t...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Woodstock46
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lititz
Lititz Inn & Suites
Warehouse Hotel
Warehouse Hotel
#2 of 7 in Manheim
The Inn at Leola Village

Been to Hammer Creek Hideaway Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!