“A little bit of heaven in Lititz”
Review of Swiss Woods

Swiss Woods
Ranked #2 of 10 Lititz B&B and Inns
Advance, NC
“A little bit of heaven in Lititz”
Reviewed August 12, 2007

We recently visited the Amish country in PA and planned our visit by searching the internet for B&Bs in that area. I came across this little bit of heaven and booked a room for two nights. The Swiss Woods is hidden from the main part of town, and yet is very accessible to Lititz and surrounding Amish countryside. What a pleasure to find an open, airy chalet atmosphere, with rooms clean, quiet, and relaxing. The staff was friendly and made us feel at home right away. We enjoyed walking around the immense gardens, and sitting on the patios so much, that we had to add another day to our visit. Honestly, the breakfasts served were, alone worth the stay. I highly recommend a stay at this lovely place. We often stay at B&Bs and my husband and I rank this one right at the top. Thanks Swiss Woods.
Faye and Bob Kisel
Advance, NC

Stayed July 2007
1 Thank efayebob

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Collingswood
Reviewed July 26, 2007

Last weekend my friends spent the weekend at Swisswood Bed & Breakfast. It was by far the best place in Lancaster County. We were made to feel at home from the first knock at the door. Our rooms were clean, comfortable, inviting and warm. It was so nice to hear the birds chirpping in the mornings and the quiet at night. The breakfast was excellent. It was tasty, delightfully sinful and most important GOOD! The staff go above and beyond to make your stay as wonderful as being in your own home with maid service. The atmosphere is warm, friendly, quiet, peacful and beautiful decorated. I would highly recommend Swisswoods Bed & Breakfast to everyone. In fact, my friends have reservations for next month on my advice. I will definately be back again and again.

Stayed July 2007
2 Thank bsw56
philadelphia, PA
Reviewed December 5, 2006

Swiss Woods was great. Only about 10 minutes from Lititz, PA and other Lancaster points. The hosts were extremely friendly and the breakfasts were some of the best I have ever experienced at a B&B. The rooms were a tad small, but nothing too complain about. Well worth the money.

• Stayed November 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank uplandway
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 10, 2006

We arrived to a beautiful setting with this bed and breakfast .... were greeted warmly ... had coffee and cookies for an afternoon snack ... the rooms were clean and beautiful ...

had a very relaxing time .... breakfast was special as was the staff ... yum, yum .... we went for a walk after breakfast ... fascinating grounds ... with the birds, the gardens ... want to come back in the spring to see the hundreds of flowers blooming ...

in closing, we had a wonderful time and highly recommend this B&B ...

thanks very much staff ...

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Dallas TX
Reviewed September 6, 2005

The quiet countryside, the beautiful flowers, and warm innkeepers made this an exquisite experience. Werner and Debbie made us feel like this was our home and we loved every minute of it. We cannot wait to return.

• Stayed September 2005
1 Thank Teresa D
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 29, 2005

Fabulous inn. I spent a wonderful few days at Swiss Woods in Lancaster County for a baseball reunioun. From the friendly innkeepers to the beautiful grounds and gardens to the comfortable room every detail was thought of. The best, though, was the incredible breakfast and the sideboard stocked with their own biscotti. This was the first Inn I have stayed in and I will certainly be returning! Wonderful!

• Stayed July 2005
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
California
Reviewed August 28, 2005

You must stay here! Swiss Woods is more than a B&B, it is an entire experience. From the immaculate and beautifully decorated rooms and absolutely fabulous food, to the friendly and professional staff, this place is wonderful. And the grounds are awesome...I've included some pictures here to share with readers, because words are not adequate.

I'm a fairly "jaded" inn traveller and am not easily impressed, but Swiss Woods won me over. The owners take such pride, not only in the physical appearance of their property, but in the caring for their guests.

What a quiet jewel in the beautiful countryside. Ah, yes, Swiss Woods also has wireless Internet. So, for those of us who travel with laptops -- even if you're on vacation and have the urge to "connect," the capability is there.

I live in California but am an east coast country girl at heart. It was wonderful to be at a B&B that felt like "coming home." Swiss Woods has spoiled me -- and I love it! So will you.

• Stayed April 2005, traveled on business
4 Thank SBAcalifornia
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lititz
Lititz Inn & Suites
Lancaster Arts Hotel
#6 of 39 in Lancaster
Alden House Bed and Breakfast
EJ Bowman House Bed and Breakfast

Been to Swiss Woods? Share your experiences!