“Hear Hear for Craft Beer and”
Review of Craft Ale House

Craft Ale House
Ranked #2 of 33 Restaurants in Limerick
Cuisines: American
Harleysville, Pennsylvania
“Hear Hear for Craft Beer and”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

This is a cozy spot to sit at bar, select from long list of craft brews from around world, and enjoy some super appetizers. Bartenders very informed. Try samples of beer until find your favorite. The food is top notch. Always something creative to enjoy. The prices are very reasonable too.

• Visited October 2013

Reading, Pennsylvania
“Food was okay, but pricey”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Was there for late lunch on a Friday. As the website states, it's a very small dining room - maybe holds few dozen people. Chicken fingers were good. Husband had short rib sandwich, he didn't care for it (or maybe sauce), the roll was huge. I do recommend the fries though. Creme brûlée ($6 for half a measuring cup's worth was just okay, tasted of a pumpkin flavor- maybe nutmeg, not what I was expecting.) I didn't care for it. Each had a soft drink, total bill was bit over $30 (w/tip).....too much in my opinion and a so-so atmosphere.Waitstaff was the only plus.

• Visited September 2013
Reading, Pennsylvania
“Beer heaven!”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

If u love beer, this place is a must. Great beer selection and our server was very knowledgable. She suggested great beers to go with my sandwich. The place screams beer and awesome food. I love the fact I can make my own 6 pack! Make it a priority when you are in limerick.

• Visited June 2013
Rockland, Maine
“Good food but....”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I went to the Craft Ale House for dinner last Thursday. I heard that there could be a wait so 3 of us showed up promptly at 5pm with my mom meeting us there as she was coming right from work. We were told that we could not be seated b/c our full party was not there even though the dining room was EMPTY. You are going to seat 3 of us at a table for 4 anyway so why make us wait? I was very clear that we wanted to order drinks and apps while we waited for my mom and then we'd all order dinner. We were told that we could get drinks and apps at the bar but it was packed and obvious that there was zero room to get food.

I then waited almost 10 mins for 1 of the 4 people behind the tiny bar to get a menu. Then I had to wait another 10 mins to try and get their attention again to order a drink. They refused to transfer my bar tab to the dining room. Service was slow but friendly.

As we sipped our beer and waited for my mom, a single gentleman got up from the bar and grabbed a table for two. This would have been no big deal except that we noticed he had someone come join him (from outside of the restaurant) 15 mins later. Now how come he can get a table while he waits for his party but we can't?

I've been a restaurant manager and a professional server for 18 years. The food was good but not good enough to deal with the [--] of trying to get a table. We won't be back as there are plenty of other places to eat in the area with good food and no hassle when it comes to getting seated. I strongly recommend reviewing your seating policies and service levels, Craft Ale House.

• Visited July 2013
3 Thank LauraRockland_Maine
Newton, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“DInner was yummy, service was good”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I chose this restaurant because it was close to our hotel, and my husband would love the variety of beer. I was looking forward to * Our beer bread is made daily on premises using Sly Fox Brewery’s spent grain." I don't drink beer.
Guess what! The chef made 1 loaf of this bread and ran out by 6 p.m.
Our dinner was good, but there wasn't any starch. Salad topped with Red Snapper.
Call first to see if they made more then 1 loaf of bread.
They are stingy with their non-beer beverages. 1 refill of soda or ice tea, but I was never offered my refill.

• Visited July 2013