“Great craft beer selection, amazing food!”
Review of Craft Ale House

Craft Ale House
Ranked #5 of 33 Restaurants in Limerick
Cuisines: American
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great craft beer selection, amazing food!”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

My friend and I came here for dinner to get her a night out of mom duties. While we waited for our table, we sat on some cozy couches and had a pint each of some delicious IPAs. They don't take reservations, and they're quite busy, but the wait wasn't bad - about 15 minutes.

What blew me away was the quality of food. I didn't expect it being in the middle of Pennsylvania, but hats off to the chef and whomever sources their ingredients. We had a phenomenal artisan cheese plate to start and smoked wild boar (a MUST - so tender). Then we shared a salad and the hanger steak for dinner. It was so much food we didn't know what to do. We gorged ourselves because everything was incredible. Even the bread and butter to start was heavenly.

I highly recommend if you're driving through and looking for a great time. They also offer six packs to go - the selection of craft brews is endless - something for everyone.

• Visited March 2013

Pottstown, Pennsylvania
“Great beer selection!”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

This is a small, but great place. The beer menu is the biggest i've ever seen! So many interesting types of beers and the food is local and changes every few months. I especially love the mussels. I've had different kinds there and all have been excellent. The restaurant is kind of small and dark, and gets crowded. If you are going on a weekend, i would recommend getting there early. I've always had good service.

• Visited February 2013
Wyomissing, Pennsylvania
“Worth the Wait!”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

This place is amazing! The food is the best in the area. not a bad thing on the menu! very impressive beer list! go early if you want dinner. it's a small place and they do not take reservations. we had to wait about an hour for a table, but we tried a few beers which passed the time. trust me the food is worth the wait! plus, it's only about 5 minutes away from the outlets!

• Visited November 2012
Long Beach Island, New Jersey
“Outstanding Food and Unique Beers”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

My wife and I and another couple recently enjoyed a Friday night dinner at the Craft Ale House. The waiter was very patient with us concerning our beer orders and eventually served us several different samples of beer. That is a great idea. The beer selection is almost overwhelming, but there is certainly something for everyone. Our dinner entrees - pulled pork, mussels and arrugula/goat cheese pizza - were all cooked perfectly and enjoyed immensely. Even though there was a waiting line at the door, we were never rushed. Excellent dining experience!

• Visited October 2012
“Extensive Beer Selection, good food”
Reviewed June 30, 2012

My husband and I were very pleased with the extensive beer selection, both on tap and bottled. Something for everyone's taste, including framboise and cider. The restaurant is small and unassuming, next to a hardware store on a nondescript main road. Inside, it is cozy -- 13 tables or so, and a decent-sized bar area, so if you want to get seated right away get there early! You can eat at the bar; we found that to be fairly comfortable, and preferable to waiting for a table. We shared the fish & chips - light batter, fresh, tender fish, decent shoestring fries. A bit overpriced given the amount of fish, but enough for 2 to share as a light snack with the beer. We found the bartenders to be friendly and knowledgeable about the selections. It was fun to try new brews. You can also make up your own 6-pack of brews to take home, which is a very nice bonus in benighted Pennsylvania with it's ridiculous liquor/beer laws. (Why can you only buy beer by the case from state-run stores??) All-in-all a very pleasant experience. We will definitely be returning!

• Visited June 2012