“Average”

Copperfield Inn at Lakeside
Reserve with OpenTable
Copperfield Inn at Lakeside is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 34 Restaurants in Limerick
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Lewis Road
Description: Our restaurant is warm and inviting with exposed beams and a mission-style décor, as well as a bar, several gas-burning fireplaces and two semi-private rooms for small functions of eight to 10 guests. Our eclectic menu features innovative American Regional fare, a delightful selection of appetizers, an array of daily specials, a carefully selected wine list and Sunday brunch. We believe in using the freshest ingredients possible, while supporting local suppliers. Our crab cakes especially, have gotten rave reviews – moist, tender, abundantly flavorful, packed with jumbo crabmeat and no fillers – and never breaded or fried! Our event facility can host meetings, birthdays, christenings, anniversaries, luncheons and weddings. It offers an elegant pre-function room for hosting the cocktail hour and a ballroom that can accommodate up to 250 guests with a veranda overlooking the private lake.
Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

Nice atmosphere. Dark but in a warm way. Server at table was also bartender so delays noted. Appetizer soup was just warm, not hot, expect it sat a bit. Clams in white were very, very, very sandy which ruined the overall dish. The bread was bush league and slightly stale tasting. However, The entrees were very good. Crab and asparagus over pasta and beef medallions. Dessert was also very good, tiramisu and the chocolate chip wantons. The slow service and mediocre beginning makes this an overall average experience. Would try again just to see if went on a bad night.

Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

I am really surprised about the bad reviews. I almost didn't buy a living social deal bc of that but I figured we should give it a chance I am glad we did. I had the crab caesar . Which was basic but they did it well. My boyfriend had the asparagus and crab pasta and that was really good. I would try it again. Give it a chance.

Reviewed July 22, 2012

My husband had purchased a Living Social coupon. The Copperfield Inn is about a half hour from our home in Havertown but it was worth the drive. We called ahead for reservations which were not really necessary on this particular evening. They had a regular menu but also had a "Specials Menu" . My husband ordered the chicken dish which was one of the specials and he said that it was delicious - it had a delicate fruit sauce. I ordered the porterhouse pork chop with a cranberry gravy....It was delicious and HUGE! We also had broccoli which was cooked to perfection. I had au gratin potatoes which were very good and my had a rice pilaf which was also good. Our waitress Judy was attentive . We had a leisurely meal and did not feel rushed. We had a nice basket of bread with some crispy crackers that were quite good. In all, we had a very enjoyable experience and would definitely go back there again. The portions were very generous and I had to take half of my meal home. They are have some private rooms if you wanted to have a small to medium sized gathering. After my meal, Judy was gracious enough to take me on a tour of the restaurant. The original portion of the place is over 200 years old! They have a lovely banquet area which would be perfect for a wedding of about 200 people. The room overlook a small lake and has a lovely deck. We found the hostesses and the wait staff to be very friendly. My first impression was that the restaurant is on the dark side but it would not keep me from going back. The table had a candle but it just wasn't lit.

Reviewed July 20, 2012

We've usually enjoyed the ambiance of Copperfield's and have had food that has ranged from good to great. Some dishes have been exceptional!

Tonight, we were served raw sausage balls as a part of the mushroom ravioli and sausage special. We showed them to the waiter (after eating the majority without noticing that they were raw on the inside) and were offered $8 off of our bill.

We're still trying to digest how we feel about a restaurant that does not seem concerned about an obvious health risk to patrons even as we wait to see if we get sick from ingesting raw pork.

Reviewed June 15, 2012

Surprised to see so many negative reviews here. This is a nice spot for good food and a relaxing experience. The bar is great and there are daily food and drink specials for Happy Hour each weekday. Nice booths available for full dining. Very helpful staff.

1  Thank AnnM336