“A Gem - Definitely Stay Here!”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Limerick
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Limerick
Paris, France
“A Gem - Definitely Stay Here!”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

This Hotel was a huge surprise. For $120, the rooms are spacious and very comfortable. The staff was very friendly and the hotel itself is immaculate and cozy (3 years old). My kids loved the drink vending machine - it really has huge entertainment value!

We found it hard to find on our GPS but if you put in '100 Keystone Drive' you'll be routed to the same place. I will definitely stay here on our next visit to Premium Outlets.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
MayB97, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Limerick, responded to this review, July 6, 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback! We truly appreciate it and we are sincerely happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. It's responses like yours that help push our staff to continue to do their jobs well. I am glad that our hotel was very family friendly for your visit. We hope to see you again soon! Again, thank you for the positive feedback.

Staff at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Illinois
Reviewed June 15, 2013

This is a pretty standard Holiday Inn Express. The front desk person during checkin was very friendly and nice. I was greeted as a priority club member and even received a little welcome gift bag. This same desk clerk gave us good restaurant recommendations and directions. I am sorry to report that this was the only front desk person who was friendly or helpful. The other one we spoke to could not make any recommendations and was a little put out by my request to make change for the vending machines.
The room appeared to be clean and all of the furniture and furnishings in good repair. However, the bathroom was not very clean. The first thing I noticed were spots on the mirror and swipe marks on the counter like something had been wiped off but not cleaned off. Then, in the morning when I went to use the shower, I noticed a damp dirty washcloth from the previous guest hanging in the shower. I am not certain that the bathroom had been cleaned at all. I had also used the ice bucket liner and some of the plastic cups from the room that first night and they were not replaced until two days later.
Breakfast was good. The food was fresh and kept replenished. The business center was also handy and all of the hardware was in good repair.
And last, as has happened to me at other IHG properties, I did not receive my rewards points for my stay. For all of the good things that I recognized about the hotel, the housekeeping and no rewards points will probably keep me away next time.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank CemeteryHunter
MayB97, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Limerick, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Thank you so much for giving us important feedback from your recent stay in Limerick. We are deeply apologetic about the negative aspects of your stay. We do appreciate the postive feedback. We try our best to accomodate all guest's needs throughout their stays. We did look into your Priority Club point issue, and upon contacting Priority Club directly the points were posted on June 16th. They informed us that the accumulation of points does not take place until a few days after check-out. I sincerely hope that you choose to stay with us again, and if you do please contact us directly and mention these issues. If you chose to stay with our hotel again we can guarentee a much more enjoyable trip. Thank you again for taking the time to review our hotel.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

Could not find a decent reviewed hotel in Pottstown. Found this one close by in Limerick and my family was not disappointed. They do a good job with the limited service format. The staff certainly was working hard the whole stay from what I observed; it appears to be well managed. It is a little hard to find off 422, but very close to the exit (behind the Kia dealership). Not convenient to Philly because of traffic, so beware if that is your plan. We had a problem with the bath stopper, but it appears to be a design defect of the product itself. Our friends experienced a problem with the curtain not drawing closed, but I do not know if they reported it. Very minor stuff, but restricts me from giving a top rating. I would stay here again however.

• Stayed June 2013
MayB97, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Limerick, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
We greatly appreciate your review, Mike. We take pride in our well-trained staff. I am sorry to hear about the slight issues you encounter, although I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope that we can accomodate you again in the future!

Staff at the Holiday Inn Express
Frederick, Maryland
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We chose to stay at HIE since we stay in one at least once a year and always enjoy ourselves. This trip was to visit friends close by (celebrating both of our Anniversaries) and visit the King of Prussia Mall. The check in was very smooth as the parking lot was pretty full. There seemed to be a soccer team or two staying here too. We got the room on the third floor specifically 331 which faced the street intersection to access the hotel. There is one elevator for this hotel and a stairwell on either end with magnetic locks so the doors are always open and do not make loud noises each time they close.

The room (King bed guest room) was very large and spacious when we walked in. No appliances were broken and the room was spotless. The room was very quiet despite being close to the parking lot and the street.

Breakfast had two people working and limited food out on the bar. It was about 1000am and the breakfast closes at 1030am. They started to take down the food prior to 1030am which was surprising. Not one of the workers asked if we needed any more food or even a hello offered before we said hello to them. Since we got to breakfast later, we were going to get up earlier the next day to see if it was just a fluke and if earlier was better.

We were awake (thankfully!) when 4 children were running up and down the hall in their soccer uniforms with out any adult supervision. They were hanging out in the stairwell as they blocked our way down the stairs. They moved without any issues blaming one of the children. The breakfast room was very busy at about 935am. Only one person working to replenish all the food and coffee and yet again the food was really gone this time. We had to ask the over-worked worker to get us some coffee.

Checking out was very easy too and the same person who checked us in was still working!! She did get a break, but said that it feels like she never leaves the place.

Overall, our stay was great as we slept very well even with that "cloud maker" in the distance. The breakfast, typical HIE food was fine if they had replenished it.

We did not use the pool which looked inviting or the exercise room adjacent to the pool. There is no hot tub that we noted. Not sure if coffee is available 24/7 as the one we visit in Indiana is one we compare it too.

The hotel was opened early 2010.

We would stay here again, just plan on breakfast out or make something in the room.

Room Tip: Stay above the soccer teams!!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JoeS755
MayB97, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Limerick, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Thank you, Joe, for your response. We really appreciate the feed back. I am so glad to hear that your room was fitting for your stay and that you didn't experience too much noise during our busy sold out weekend. I do apologize about breakfast the two mornings of your stay. Sorry that it was not up to your standards. We usually have just one person working breakfast and thought we would be prepared for the busy weekend by having two staff members working the shift but unfortunately we were still swamped. I truly hope the next time you are travelling to the area that you choose our hotel again. We would love to accomodate you! Again, thank you for the feedback.

--Staff at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites
Hummelstown, PA
Reviewed May 20, 2013

While Royersford is my hometown, I've been gone for many years. I didn't even know there was a Holiday Inn Express in Limerick. What a wonderful surprise. We needed a convenient place to stay for the weekend and chose this based on prior HIE experiences and online reviews. What a great choice. Check in was smooth. We were given a terrific welcome bag with healthy snacks, fruit, and bottled water. Nice! We were on the 2nd floor and the room was spacious and clean. Careful taking a shower as the tub surface is quite smooth. Breakfast was typical for a HIE and was restocked promptly as it was a busy weekend. Indoor swimming pool looked great although we didn't use it due to our schedule. Free WiFi is always appreciated. Walls were thick and we heard no noise from any others at all. Definitely recommend this place to anyone.

Room Tip: We wanted one King bed. I called for the reservation rather than going with online bookings and got...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
New Brunswick, New Jersey
Reviewed May 16, 2013

We stay here a lot during the weekends our daughters play field hockey. Never again! The last visit was it. There was hair in the bed, bathroom ,long hairs in the carpet. The room looked and felt clean but then hair ! Just not for me. There is a lot of good options in the area now. We will be exploring them next time

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Tom B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Limerick, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
I'm very disappointed to hear about this, it greatly concerns me. I would hope you can tell that this is something that typically does not take place on this property. There are many other reviews that support my claim. I hope that you would please contact either Tom Basol or Tim Bair at the hotel and allow us the opportunity to try and show you that this was just a fluke.
On The Road
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I enjoyed a two night stay here while in the are for work. I had a lot of work to get done, and needed an issue free stay so I could get every done that I needed to get done.

I had a very productive stay!

Check in was a breeze, and the internet connection was solid!

This property is totally spotless - top to bottom, even a clean freak would be totally satisfied. The hotel is new, not more than a couple years old. Even though the property is fairly new, you can tell that the owners and management take great pride in the property and facilities. From the landscaping to the grout in the guest bathrooms - the staff maintains the property meticulously.

The breakfast is very standard Holiday Inn Express fare - not the healthiest choices, but enough!

I would stay at this property again in a minute!

Room Tip: The back entry to the property gives you direct access to the elevator!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Tom B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Limerick, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
I love the enthusiasm you have about the property. It is the something that we share. I take great pride in the building and staff. Thank you for all the kind words and we hope to keep up the standard that you are accustom to.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Limerick
Hampton Inn Limerick-Philadelphia Area
Comfort Inn & Suites Pottstown
Staybridge Suites Royersford-Valley Forge
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#2 of 5 in Pottstown
Hilton Garden Inn Valley Forge/Oaks
Hampton Inn and Suites Valley Forge/Oaks

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Limerick? Share your experiences!