“Awesome, awesome place, awesome inn keeper, just plain awesome.”

Campbell House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 4 Ligonier B&B and Inns
Shamokin, Pennsylvania
“Awesome, awesome place, awesome inn keeper, just plain awesome.”
Reviewed August 15, 2010

Booked a fri night for our 1 year anniversary with my girlfriend, In emails Patty confirmed dietary restictions, likes/dislikes, any special reason for the visit....ect. Couldn't have been a better night.. We got there late and was welcomed in like an old friend, Patty asked if we ate, which we hadn't and we asked her for a recomendation, she called a local restaurant "the Ivy" (great little place) and got us a table. We walked down for dinner, strolled around the quite peaceful town. Had a great nights sleep. Breakfast was prompt, and really good. My girlfriend was impressed which just made me look good for booking there. We will be back and we will stay longer...... Thanks Patty!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank slyeager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Beaver Falls, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 8, 2010

We loved our stay at Campbell House! Patti was great, everything was very clean and orderly, and breakfast, personally served, was delightful. Patti's attention to detail is just one of the many factors that add up to the good hospitality she gives. The house has a particular style, and whether you identify with that style or not, your stay there will be comfortable, warm, and enjoyable. Located in downtown Ligonier, within walking distance of many things, and not too far from local sightseeing and Pittsburgh, it was the perfect getaway for us!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bjwarren
Pittsburgh
Reviewed April 1, 2010

My husband and I really enjoyed ourselves at the Campbell House. Patti makes a great effort to make the Bed & Breakfast warm and inviting. I especially appreciated the nice newer bathroom with fluffy towels and robes, cable tv in the room, granola with fruit to began
breakfast, and Patti's wild "innkeeper stories".

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PittsburghGuy
Reviewed October 5, 2009

Lots of Campbell soup nicknacks. The beds were firm and I prefer a softer mattress. Nice old claw foot tub. Free popcorn and drinks. Waffles for breakfast.

Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
4 Thank orangecats2
Scania
Reviewed March 31, 2009

Enjoyed my stay in a suite with a huge comfortable king size bed. Good shower pressure, nice shampoo (I forgot mine) and soaps. The towels are big and fluffy. Coffee just the way I like it. I asked for and received a simple breakfast as I eat at home rather than the typical heavy American breakfast of meats, eggs and potatoes.

It was nice but rather a little cool to sit on the porch for long, but I did enjoy walking the streets of Ligonier.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank weswedes
Baltimore MD
Reviewed August 21, 2008

The good: Ligonier is a lovely, picture-postcard of a town. The B&B is charming, spotless and quiet. My room was nicely appointed and chockfull of amenities, including a high-pressure showerhead in the bath.

The bad: Elegant but insubstantial breakfasts, uncomfortable
beds, a little sign reminding guests that they were under surveillance in public areas; a little sign reminding guests to tip adequately; a little sign reminding women to not use the washcloths to remove makeup ... you get the idea.

The innkeeper didn't strike me as much of a "people person."
I don't expect hugs and kisses, but I do appreciate a sunny disposition and a talent for putting strangers at ease. Those social graces weren't much in evidence during my visit. I was treated decently, yet felt tolerated rather than welcomed.

• Liked — location, cleanliness, amerities
  • Disliked — crabby innkeeper
  • Stayed July 2008
    • Check in / front desk
12 Thank Chov
N. Canton, Ohio
Reviewed July 29, 2008

This was my first time at a bed and breakfast, so I really didn't know what to expect. It is a well maintained old house in very quiet neigborhood. Ligoneir is a very nice little town.
My only complaint was the breakfast. The place settings and decor are nice, but I expected a much better breakfast and the portions were very small.
I was under the imperession that a Bed and Breakfast would have a great breakfast, not the case here.

• Liked — quiet
  • Disliked — food
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
7 Thank rmang
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ligonier
Ramada Ligonier
SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh Latrobe
Ligonier Country Inn
Ligonier Country Inn
#1 of 1 in Laughlintown

Been to Campbell House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!