“Couldn't have been any better!!!”

Campbell House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 4 Ligonier B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 27, 2013

We had been staying at Mt View Inn and was very disappointed with the animals smells, dogs next to you while eating, etc. Needed a place on short notice for 5 additional days. Patti was my superhero to the rescue as to accommodate a not-so-traditional request.  From the moment I walked into the Campbell Suite I was awestruck!!! The amount of space is incredible!!! Beautiful Victorian decor, fireplace, refrig stocked with drinks, water (small & large), ice tea, lemonade. Fresh biscotti and pizelles were in our room every afternoon when we returned.The bed is very comfortable...I felt like a Queen!!! Brand new towels and beautiful CD’s playing in the background. We loved it all! My favorite spot was our private porch. I was able to work and enjoy a fresh cup of coffee with fresh cream (also refreshed every day). Her flowers in the courtyard are gorgeous and a beautiful fragrance wafts onto the porch as you enjoy your morning coffee!!! A special thank you for NOT allowing pets, smokers or shoes in your establishment. You truly are a wonderful business woman. We hope to be back!!! It felt like home!!!! Loved the town and the quaintness of it. I’ve passed your info on to several friends that would like to stay with their husbands!

Room Tip: Choose the Campbell Suite!!! The clawfoot tub is wonderful as is the private porch!!!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Jessica B
myplace93, Owner at Campbell House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Thank you for the wonderful review. I hope to see you again. Your private porch is waiting!

Reviewed July 19, 2013

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our July stay. Excellent breakfast, quality, savory, and filling. The place is immaculately clean and her guests are well-provided for. Very convenient to shops and restaurants in the Diamond.

Room Tip: The Campbell Suite is large and comfortable with a private porch where your breakfast is served. Not...
2  Thank gbrice131

Thank you for your visit! Enjoyed having you at Campbell House

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Hi there! My husband surprised me with a night away at the Campbell house in Ligonier. I grew up just 15 minutes down the road, and have always loved Ligonier. We had a luxurious suite, which was huge and airy. We could have comfortable stayed a week. We have been doing B and B's for the 24 yrs of our marriage, as far as NH, and in the deep South. Patty definitely wins with having EVERY SINGLE thing covered that you could wish for. Pillows, sheets, blankets all luxurious. The furniture, the cleanliness, snacks, waters, sodas, wine if you prefer, romantic CD playing, candle and lighter on the porch, etc and etc.... The breakfast absolutely wins hands down as the BEST breakfast we have ever been served in a B and B. Homemade everything on wonderful dishes, creamer, coffee, everything made us feel pampered and blessed. We feel we found a new friend in Patty, and will be back. If you've never been to Ligonier, visit this B and B, walk the town of Ligonier and if you're not afraid of a little more "casual" environment, go to Ruthies for fried chicken! Thank you Patty for a great memory!! xoxo Greg and Denise, Upstate of SC

Room Tip: We loved having the private porch with the Campbell suite. Talked, rocked on the rockers, then had b...
2  Thank Denise H
myplace93, Owner at Campbell House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

Thank you so much for choosing Campbell House for your stay. You were such a pleasure to have as guests. I am thrilled when guests enjoy my breakfast as well as all that Campbell House has to offer. I am humbled by your review. Patti

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Michelle and I stayed at Campbell House for a night during the Fourth of July weekend and had a very good experience. The proprieter, Patti Campbell, made us feel welcome and at home right away. We needed a recommendation for a restaurant since we've never stayed in Ligonier before, and not only did Patti give us good suggestions but she wrote out discount cards for two restaurants. She is a delightful hostess, very friendly and full of entertaining stories.

We stayed in the Floral Boarder and could not have been happier with the room. The king bed was extremely comfortable and conducive to a good night's rest. The bathroom was luxurious. I was impressed by all the details and amenities in the room and throughout the house. There must be a very long checklist of things that are inspected, cleaned, restocked, etc. after each guest - you can really see the work that must go into making the whole experience as flawless as possible. The result of all that attention to detail is a beautiful, interesting and immaculately clean house that is a pleasure to stay in.

Breakfast was the highlight of our stay. Michelle has a minor food restriction - she is prone to blood-sugar swings and so can't eat high-carb breakfast foods like pankcakes or waffles. Accordingly we requested a protein-oriented breakfast. Patti was very accommodating to this request and cooked a delicious egg dish served on English muffins drizzled with a sweet-tart (raspberry?) balsamic vinegar sauce and thick-cut bacon. Delicious. There was also a fruit course that included berries in a vanilla yogurt fluff that was out of this world. Patti's a good cook and the breakfast did not disappoint!

Ligonier is a beautiful town and I can't think of a nicer way to experience it for the first time than by staying at Campbell House. We'll be back.

Room Tip: The Floral Boarder is very comfortable. We haven't stayed in the other rooms/suites so I can'...
2  Thank Steve M
myplace93, Owner at Campbell House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

You two were such a pleasure to have as guests. I am so happy I was able to add to your first Ligonier experience with not only your guest room but breakfast. I find it so enjoyable when I can serve a breakfast to delight the palate.
Come back to Ligonier again.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

This is my 5th visit to Campbell House B&B an hospitable, comfortable B&B where you are given a detailed tour of your suite or guest room, lighting, key usage for both your room and the front door. Since Campbell House is in a residential neighborhood where neighbors complain if some one parks in their spot each guest is given a space off street. ( prefer off street)
A B&B is different than a hotel where there is 24 hour staff so you shouldn't be offended if the innkeeper suggests when you call back to call after breakfast.
Having said that, I heard the confrontation on the first floor, heard a guy cussing at Patti and yelling he doesn't lock his door at home. He yelled he thought he was in an adult place and wanted to be treated as such. The disrespect given to our mature innkeeper as well as those of us guests was deplorable to say the least. Then to state her rooms aren't worth the money or compare them to a hotel chain in a condescending manner just tells me these people are our right rude, folks who are more suited to Motel 6.
The thought that we stayed in our room thinking the main entrance was open all night gave us a feeling of vulnerability and this is not the fault of the innkeeper. This is nothing more than a lack of responsibility and or to much to drink.
We stay because we like the special treatment and or pampering be it with special foods because of lactose intolerance, vegetarian or gluten free diets-Patti has always taken care of us and our needs. Bed and Breakfasts aren't for partying people or those who don't enjoy the uniqueness of these kind of establishments.
We will be back again!

Room Tip: Try either the Campbell or Dolcetto Suites and a third is Painted Ladys
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Chris688
myplace93, Owner at Campbell House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2013

Thank you for responding to Dave and Anna's review's. I am sorry you had to experience this uncommon B&B behavior by other guests, as well as the fact that you did not feel your normal sense of security with the main door open over night. Once again I apologize for the loud and crude language of the guests or at least one of them, thankfully you know this is not the norm at Campbell House definitely not the place for those who are disrespectful of others and their belongings. Thank you for your repeat business and compliments. Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed May 27, 2013

My husband and I had a wonderful time at this Bed and Breakfast. It was very relaxing and comfortable.We are a younger couple, and we have 3 children so it was nice to get away even if it was just for a nite. I keep the relaxing music on through the nite and into the morning, as it helped us to relax. The breakfast was very good as well. I also liked hoe the checkout time was 11:30 which let us take our time to leave. We loved the bed, pillows and blankets they were also very comfy! Parking was convienent and we walked to eat dinner which was nice that we didnt have to get back into our vehicle. I would suggest this property to anyone!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Alicia R

Thank you so much for your visit as well as letting me and potential guests know how satisfied you were. Your response couldn't have come at a better time, as I was really feeling at an all time low. Again thank you! I hope to see you again.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

This was my first stay at a Bed and Breakfast and unfortunately I will never try another. The proprietor of this establishment was a shrewd woman who discriminates against her "guests" through ageism. I was in Ligonier, PA for a Wedding of a co-worker. I had driven 5 hours to get to this bed and breakfast, and like others have said, I was not greeted with a "hi, hello" but rather a "where did you park". This woman is more concerned about her personal concerns then her patrons comfort. I had asked what was planned for breakfast the next morning and was told: "I'm not done thinking about today, I'll figure it out tomorrow". I asked because my girlfriend is a vegetarian. The bed was comfortable but the room was not. In every room I had been to (2 of the bedrooms, the dining room, and the entry way) there are creepy dolls that seem to follow you with their eyes. During our stay a friend of mine had accidentally dropped his wine glass outside on the deck, the glass shattered and wine spilled on the deck. We were greeted the next morning before breakfast with "I am extremely unhappy" and she continued to berate us about the quality of guest that we had been. We had not even been given the chance to apologize for the glass and explain what had happened. If this woman wanted to operate a B&B then she should use someone else's house and possessions because mistakes happen.We were made so uncomfortable by this cruel woman's disposition that we left before breakfast out of sheer embarrassment. My recommendation is to avoid this place at all costs. Find a motel 6 or a quality inn... or anything that is NOT the Campbell House Bed & Breakfast.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else, each room is awkward and uncomfortable.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
18  Thank Dave M
myplace93, Owner at Campbell House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

PLEASE BE ADVISED I AM RESPONDING TO THE TWO REVIEWS POSTED MAY 20, 2013 FROM TWO YOUNG COUPLES WHO ATTENDED A LOCAL WEDDING (with alcohol) & STAYED AT CAMPBELL HOUSE B&B.
1. I am not tolerant of intoxicated guests in my home & business.
2. I was cussed with the worst word, spoken to disrespectfully several times. Dave is a first year school teacher who evidently does not how to handle or control himself by swearing at a 68 year old innkeeper in front of his girlfriend (who can't handle confrontation) and the other couple who is his friend.

The couples drank at the wedding as well as drank on the Campbell Suite porch. I have or. Three CD's were left out in the elements all night. This was no accident, it was a case of to much alcohol. I have photo's of the wine bottle, broken glass as well as wine on the wicker table, chair cushion and porch floor.

Upon check in I issued a key to the suite (with a private entrance) and the salon (with instructions how to use the key for the main door-which locks automatically). I gave Dave a tour of the suite, where all the light switches are, how to use the cable and fireplace.
I did not decide what I was making for breakfast the next day, but I did have on my notes Tiffany doesn't eat red meat. I had just prepared their rooms for an early check in, had a plumbing problem to deal with so I hadn't thought of breakfast.

I explained to Anna's boyfriend about the plumbing problem and the fact that I upgraded them to a king guest room at no additional charge. He didn't indicate the dolls were a problem or I could have put him in the Dolcetto Suite. He seemed to understand he had keys to the main door and his guest room-so I was totally surprised to find the main door to the B&B was wide open the entire night.
Just the thought that my other guests and I thought we were sleeping safely in a locked house only to find the vulnerable position we were in. Anyone could have walked off Main Street into the house, to rob, destroy or who knows what.

I was shaken to the very core. Dave said, "if this is for adults, Why don't you treat us as adults" to which I responded with, "You are not acting like and adult" which he countered with "he doesn't lock his doors at home". Difference is this is my home and I am responsible for guests as well as myself. He continued cussing and expressing negativity about my rooms while comparing to hotel chain rooms. Bed and Breakfasts are unique lodgings in my case an Adult Getaway...it is not appropriated for children because of decor and collectibles to name a few.

Yes, I said, "I am not happy with your behavior" In my opinion these two couples don't know how to behave in a bed and breakfast environment. Over the years I have had numerous couples ranging in age from 18 to 30 who enjoy themselves, the ambiance, guest room or suite & breakfast with many returning and or purchasing gift cards.the room.

I am offended in both couples lack of consideration for my property, and security of other guests as well as myself. I was appalled at the language used and general disrespect.

I gave both couples $20 cash to choose a place for breakfast.
Campbell House is not for intoxicated, disrespectful people.
I give a key to protect what is yours and what is mine.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ligonier
Ramada Ligonier
#1 of 1 in Jones Mills
Inn at Ligonier LLC
Inn at Ligonier LLC
#4 of 4 in Ligonier

Been to Campbell House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!