“You will be satisfied!”

Campbell House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 4 Ligonier B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I recently concluded a weekend "getaway" in the Laurel Highlands. While I did not venture to far from home, I could not have found a better location to stay than the Campbell House Bed and Breakfast in Ligonier. Upon my arrival, I was immediately greeted by the innkeeper, Patti - a very friendly individual who never stopped trying to make sure I felt welcome and at home. I found my room to be very accommodating, comfortable and private. I was also very impressed with the Breakfast provided during my stay. Patti again went above and beyond in all she did and it was demonstrated by the food and drink selection provided. I cannot say enough postive things about the Campbell House Bed and Breakfast - if you are looking for a top-notch facility look no further!

1  Thank Chris688
Pattistillthe1, Owner at Campbell House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2012

Thank you for your recent visit and complimentary comments. Come back soon! Patti

Reviewed December 9, 2012

I recently stayed at the Campbell House B&B... I truely enjoyed my time here. I stayed in the Dolcetta Suite and it was splendidly decorated and it had its own private entrance. The innkeeper Patti thought of everything for my stay, including tea and water in the fridge AND snacks on the counter for those late night munchies. My room included a full kitchen, living room area with a cozy fireplace, spacious bathroom and very comfy bed. I'm a food snob and have stayed at several B&B's and by far my favorite thing about Campbell House B&B was the breakfast! Everything was so flavorful and fresh- just incredible. Also, the location can't be beat, a few steps out the door and your in the heart of Ligonier- with all it's shops and cafes. It was also a great central location for my day trips around the beautiful Laurel Highlands. I loved my stay here and look forward to returning.

Room Tip: For more privacy, stay in the Dolcetta Suite since it has it's own private entrance right off th...
1  Thank Mollie P
Pattistillthe1, Owner at Campbell House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2012

I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay in the Dolcetto Suite, (my personal favorite) and to Ligonier. You have no idea how much I appreciate your praise as well as complimentary comments on the extras.
I look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed December 8, 2012

My husband planned a surprise getaway for me and my 3 closest friends. It was fabulous from start to finish! Campbell House is meticulous. Antiques adorned every corner and punctuated the experience with interest and ambience. It was comfortable and clean, warm and inviting.
Patti Campbell, the Inkeeper, engaged us with stories and anecdotes and directed us to Ligonier's must-sees. It was an unforgettable celebration and a sensational stay.
Connie W.

1  Thank Constance W
Pattistillthe1, Owner at Campbell House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2012

I am thrilled to play a part in your surprise 60th birthday girls getaway! When your husband called to book rooms for your friends and you for a surprise birthday getaway...I thought what a wonderful gift and a wonderful guy. I couldn't wait to meet you the lucky 60 year old.

You and your friends were such a joy and that birthday cake-wow it was so gooooooood!
Thanks for sharing with me.

You all had such fun here and at the restaurant (the staff informed me of how much they enjoyed your group)

Being part of such a happy, fun group makes all the hard work worth it. Happy 60th! Come back soon!

Reviewed December 2, 2012

For the past eight years, my husband and I have spent our anniversary weekend at the Campbell House Bed and Breakfast, in the Campbell Suite. We love the warm and welcoming environment and we always look forward to seeing Patti Campbell, the Innkeeper, who has become a friend. It has become our favorite weekend of the year. Patti makes it so personal and her attention to detail is exceptional. She is also a wonderful cook, with delicious and creative breakfasts. When we return each year, we feel like we are coming back to our second home.
Ed and Diane Cordisco

Room Tip: We always stay in the Campbell Suite, so I can not advise about other rooms, but I am sure that they...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Diane C

I look forward to your anniversary visit each December! Always a pleasure to see you...where did 8 years go? I am delighted when I see your empty breakfast plates and smiles on your faces. So far my creative breakfast have been a hit.
Wishing you a happy, healthy, 32nd year!
See you in December

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Let's start with the beginning...when the innkeeper replied to my reservation request via email, she specifically asked what my wife and I would like to drink with breakfast. I replied that my wife drinks tea, I prefer Dr Pepper. The innkeeper's reply? "Feel free to bring soda with you." Weird...here I thought she was asking because she actually planned to make some attempt to accommodate requests. I mean, why ask, otherwise?

We arrived at the inn around 430pm. The front door was locked and there were instructions to find a cordless phone in a box near the front door and a number to dial, which we did. No problem...lots of people operate B&B's but don't actually reside on the premises. The innkeeper answered and when my wife told her our name and that we were here to check in, she replied, "Hold on." I watched as my wife held the phone to her ear, obviously anticipating further instruction. After a bit, I heard the sound of a phone that wants to be hung up...obviously the innkeeper had ended the call. A few seconds later, the door was opened by a man who let us in and walked away without saying anything. We glanced at each other, then followed him.

Coming into what appeared to be a dining room, we were greeted by a very harsh voice that said, "PLEASE stay back until I'm through with these guests!" Startled, we saw a woman standing behind a front desk window, dealing with two people...one of whom was the man who let us in, another guest, apparently. My wife and I backed up quickly, and then watched as the woman finished checking in this couple, after which she took them upstairs to their room and came back down.

When she arrived, she walked back behind the front desk and said, pointing, "Can you please take that bag off there?!" I looked...we'd been shopping in Ligonier prior to our arrival and she was referring to a small bag of souveniers I'd laid on top of the hutch while we were waiting. I removed it and waited for her to signal me that it was now okay to approach the desk.

As we proceeded through the check-in process, the innkeeper asked me if I'd brought my Dr Pepper. When I said I hadn't, she asked why. I told her I'd been so nonplussed by her original reply, I'd decided not to. "Why is that?" she asked. Having asked an honest question, I gave her an honest answer, and stated what I mentioned in this review earlier. "Huh," she said, and moved to the next topic.

The rest of the check-in went uneventfully, and, after pointing out some wine on a sideboard which of we were free to partake, she took us upstairs to our room. A bit later, I came back down to pour a couple glasses of the aforementioned wine to take upstairs. As I was picking up the bottle and a glass, the innkeeper came to her window and told me she had something for me. She was holding out a receipt for our credit transaction, so I walked toward her with the bottle and glass, but she quickly said, "Open that over there!" I refrained from any bottle opening until I had snagged my receipt and attained my position back by the sideboard. Of course I managed to spill a little bit during the pour...she quickly pointed out the location of the napkins nearby.

The night went uneventfully. Our bed was comfortable and the room clean. The room was quite hot and the window didn't open, but there was a fan, so that helped some. We arose in the morning, showered, packed up and headed down for breakfast. When we arrived, the couple from last night were already sitting at the dining room table, looking uncomfortable. We greeted them and headed toward the other end of the room (which was about 18-ft long). The innkeeper, who'd been in the area behind the front desk, cooking, appeared. My wife had stopped by a basket of various teas and was about to choose one when the innkeeper said, "PLEASE sit down over there and I'll bring you your tea. And don't walk that way (she indicated the shortest distance between my wife's current location and our seats)...walk THIS way." (she indicated that we weren't to walk near the other couple's seats...we should actually EXIT the dining room entirely by one door, walk through the hallway and come back into the dining room by the door closer to our chairs. Apparently her guests are not supposed to be too close to each other.

My wife and I sat down, and another couple arrived and sat down, making six of us. The innkeeper went back into the kitchen area, and everyone sat there looking at each other. The level of tension and discomfort in the room was thick enough to walk on. Some whispered comments between us ascertained that everyone had been treated this way. It would have been comical if it wasn't so....strange. The innkeeper came out and informed us that we'd be fed in the order that we'd arrived in the dining room. At this point I decided I'd had enough. It was time to cut and run...the money had already been spent, I'll be damned if I was going to sit there like I was in high school detention for the next hour. I indicated to my wife that I wanted to head out. We grabbed the rest of our baggage in our room and I handed the seemingly unsurprised innkeeper the room keys and told her we'd changed our mind about breakfast, and we high-tailed it for the car!

For reference: my wife and I are seasoned travelers, both nationally and internationally. We are respectful of other people's property and never trash a hotel room. Heck, my wife often tries to clean up before we leave, and always leaves a tip for the maid!

Room Tip: A nice B&B...if you can deal with the Mother Bates innkeeper!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
16  Thank David T

David,

Thank you for bringing to my attention that the floor of each room was not indicated on my web-site room discription. I made the necessary changes after you indicated you weren't sure which floor Floral Boarder was on while I noted your preference for second floor.

I am sorry you were not happy with your visit, As a single innkeeper, I take great pride in Campbell House where I strive to offer old-fashioned charm and an enjoyable getaway. It seems in your case I fell short in many areas. I hope you will give Campbell House an opportunity to give you and Polly an enjoyable experience, therefore; I am offering you a complimentary one night stay for a future visit.

The 22nd Annual Ice Fest is January 26 and 27...a perfect time to visit the Laurel Highlands or another date of your choice.
This offer is good for the Floral Boarder King Guest room through June 1, 2013.

I look forward to seeing you again!

Patti Campbell

Reviewed October 1, 2012

We arranged for the Elopement Package and could not have been happier. I had never stayed at a B&B so did not know what to expect. My bride and I were there to get married and Patti was absolutely terrific and made it all so flawless and easy, that all we had to do was get dressed on Saturday. She did ALL the rest. Pictures, flowers, cake, Champagne, dinner arrangements, ceremony site, DONE! Unfortunately I can only go as high as a 5 on the rating system. The breakfast was delicious. The room was like a small apartment, all the amenities, big comfortable bed. The Campbell soup collectables make it fun and Patti is a bit eccentric, but obviously cares about her house and her guests. We will be back. Cannot recommend this enough.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank DavidBGudz

Thank you for choosing Campbell House B&B for your wedding. I enjoyed planning your special day. I hope to see you for your first anniversary. I hope you enjoy your wedding album.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

Not sure how many times we've stayed there now, but were there this past weekend and had another wonderful stay. We don't usually eat breakfast there because we like to go to different places every time, but did this time and it was really good. Patti always makes her guests feel like family.

Room Tip: Great for couples, definitely not a place for children! We love the Dolcetto Suite, which is very p...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank carsicknot
Patti C, Owner at Campbell House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

I know it's been some time, but I just wanted to let you know how happy I am that you had a nice stay in 2012! Your loyalty means a lot to me, and I'm so glad that you stayed for breakfast! Thank you so much for your kind compliments — I hope you'll be back to visit sometime soon.

Kind regards,
Patti

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ligonier
Ramada Ligonier
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Donegal
Hampton Inn Greensburg
Hampton Inn Greensburg
#1 of 10 in Greensburg

Been to Campbell House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!