“Unique pizza” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Columbia, South Carolina
“Unique pizza”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2014

We wandered into Jioios a couple of years ago and ordered the pizza special of the day, and we liked it so much that it's become a yearly stop on our annual trip to the Ligonier Valley. The crust is very unusual--almost sweet--unlike any we've had. Incorporating the daily special into our meal keeps it reasonable, and we've enjoyed it the 4 or 5 times we've been there. We haven't tried the pastas, but after seeing the other reviews, I'll be sure to sample some next time.

• Visited August 2014

Altoona, Pennsylvania
“Pretty Good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2014

We tried the pizza based on the great reviews and it was pretty good - especially for a small town. Not the best pizza I have ever had by far but a good meal. Family size salads were helpful for our large group. Everyone was happy with the meal. The inside consists of 2 small rooms but there is also a small outside eating area out front that seemed pleasant.

Visited July 2014
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
“Casual Italian fare - interesting pizza”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014

This is a small, family run, casual Italian restaurant that serves huge portions of pasta (spaghetti with red sauce, stuffed shells, gnocchi, lasagne,etc.) and classics like Chicken Parmesan, which I ordered on my first visit. It was very tasty, and the portion size was so copious, I shared it with my fellow diner. On my most recent visit, I tried the pizza. It had been described in other reviews as thin crust, which is true, but not at all the typical thin crust I was expecting. It is more of a flaky, rich crust, almost like a puff pastry crust, and is actually made in a square pan. The red sauce was sweet. My dining companion LOVED it. I found the combination of sweet red sauce with the crust to be a bit too rich for me. I might try the white pizza next time to see if I like this better with the unique crust. They also offer a pierogi pizza, which sounds like something I'd want to try a taste of, but I don't think I could commit to a whole pie of it! The atmosphere is very casual and homey and the service was efficient and friendly.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Donegal;PA
“Girls Birthday get Together”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2014

Very small little Italian restaurant with awesome food. You can BYOB and there is no charge for corking or wine glasses. If you order a sampler platter be prepared to have enough to take home for another meal. Prices are ridiculously low for the qulaity and quantity of food

Visited April 2014
“Darcher”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

the best pizza in the state. the food is delicious the atmosphere is wonderful in a colonial neighborhood the restaurant has home feeling . If you want to experience eating an Italian village this is the place