“Great place to eat” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Kitchen on Main
Ranked #1 of 39 Restaurants in Ligonier
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Open floor plan including kitchen - watch as chefs prepare your meal.Some booths for a more private experience as well as outside dining. BYOB
Trier, Germany
“Great place to eat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

The meat that my daughter had was perfectly grilled to the point where she wanted it and my clams were fantastic. Also did like the BYO system for which they charge moderately.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank camburinho

Latrobe, Pennsylvania
“Fantastic beef!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

I never eat meat but got a look at the hamburger and I ordered .......fantastic! On our next visit I tried the salmon...fantastic! My wife had the meatloaf, it was great, don't understand the bad reviews. All the food is cooked in front of you, very fresh. We have also ordered the filet, best we have ever had. Just ate at Capital Grille, had filet for $43. Kitchen on Main beats them, hands down! This restaurant is a gem in the Laurel Highlands!

• Visited August 2013
Independence, Oregon
“Lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

What a great salad. The service was great; we had lots of questions as we had never eaten there before. There were four of us, we ate on the patio, and enjoyed ourselves very much. Try the spacey tomato juice--it's made there and is a treat.

• Visited September 2013
Central City, Pa
“Worth the trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

This is my favorite restaurant in Ligonier and one of my all time favorites. You need reservations because the restaurant is small. It has a casual atmosphere and great roomy booths. You can watch them cook on an open grill. Wonderful service.

Visited August 2013
“Food poisoned my parents. 7 health code violations!!! Yuck.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

We went here on a recommendation from a local business while shopping in Ligonier. My parents had the salmon which we were told is the house specialty. My wife and I had what was suposed to be meatloaf. Thankfully we could not eat the meatloaf due to it being totally raw in center omg. The salmon smelled fishy and only a few bites were taken but when you are in your seventies thats all it takes. I will skip the grusum details of how sick they got but they both needed iv fluids do to the dehydration from being so sick. Called dept of agricultural and made complaint and I was referred to their web site which has all restaurants violation history and not to my surprise the kitchen on main had 7 violations during there last inspection thats seems to be new high record, almost as many as all other restaurants combined in Ligonier. How can a place like this be still in business. Fyi my parents recoverd after a few very rough days. We will never eat there again and my parents will never go antiquing in Ligonier again because of what happed to them.

• Visited August 2013