“Imaginative menu.”

The Kitchen on Main
Ranked #1 of 39 Restaurants in Ligonier
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Open floor plan including kitchen - watch as chefs prepare your meal.Some booths for a more private experience as well as outside dining. BYOB
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Neat little restaurant in a picturesque town. It has an open kitchen where you can see the chefs as they prepare your meal. Small, upscale menu. The house salad is good-spring mix greens with blueberries, chopped apples, brie cheese, and sugared nuts. I had the pan-fried mahi mahi with mandarin butter sauce, grilled asparagus, and lobster risotto. My husband had the seafood pasta. Both were very good, fresh ingredients. Will return.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

Went here on reference from a friend. The atmosphere is very clean and fresh looking. It is a small but appealling place. It's winter so they couldn't have the outside dining that they have in the summer. I had the grilled chicken sandwich on foccia bread...I loved it and I don't usually eat chicken. I'm a beef guy. But today I wanted a change and wasn't sorry. The wife had the beef tacos. The were three soft taco shells with a spiced beef (to me it tasted almost like Italian beef) and had pepperjack cheese, corn salsa, and a piece of avacoda. She really liked it too. Service was very good and friendly. Made me want to come back. Not an inexpensive place to eat, but I thought it was worth the money. Place was packed so I guess everyone else there thought so too.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

A friend and I recently had dinner at the kitchen on main and were very pleased. They have a byob policy which helps offset the slightly elevated prices. Once I got my food I could see why they were a little more expensive. Not only did my meal look like a work of art, it tasted that way as well. Will definitely be back. It was great!

Reviewed March 7, 2013

Service was very pleasant and knowledgeable, atmosphere was different than expected, but not negatively, anticipated a quaint little restaurant, but it was more open than realized. Food was very good, we brought our own wine, they do provide the glasses. Will go back again, enjoyed our dinner and would recommend to any one interested.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

What a wonderful restaurant. Tasteful decor with wait staff who understand the concept of "good customer service." The menu is varied and the food is excellent. Portions were generous. As someone who likes sweet potato fries, I highly recommend their version. My salmon burger was very tasteful with just enough filler to form the patty, My husband's burger included sauteed mushrooms that were cooked to order--not in a holding pan. We look forward to returning to the restaurant for dinner (BYOB) and brunch. THey do not accept lunch reservations but do take dinner reservations.