“Just what was needed here!”

The Kitchen on Main
Ranked #1 of 39 Restaurants in Ligonier
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Open floor plan including kitchen - watch as chefs prepare your meal.Some booths for a more private experience as well as outside dining. BYOB
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Although there are a number of good places to eat in Ligonier, this place is extraordinary. It was opened by the people who own Out of the Fire (in Donegal), which is also an excellent place to eat. Although I'd seen that The Kitchen was popular by passing the full tables on the sidewalk cafe during the summer, it was my sister and her husband visiting from Alexandria, VA who tried it first for weekend breakfast-without-the-kids and they loved it. The menu is both sophisticated and original for this area, and the atmosphere has a fresh, comtemporary "New England" feel. There is "chef's table" seating at a bar at the open kitchen. I would say that there are some expectations conveyed by the management.....and they amount to: "we are most definitely UPSCALE". The wait staff is friendly and knowledgeable. The vibe seems to express a certain "Ligonier" quality uncannily well. By all means, try the eggplant salad with fresh capers!

There are newer reviews for The Kitchen on Main

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We were excited to have a local resturant in ligonier! Cute atmopshere and decor!

Recommend to make reservations to ensure a table. As others mention, don't forget to byob. It's only $2 a person for a cork fee.

The salads are light and refreshing. Very good. The tomato basil soup is more chunky than a cream sauce.

Dinner was great for 2 out of 3. Serving size was perfect for dinner without left overs. The cost was approx $90 total. One person ordered grouper and it was great! One person ordered salmon, and it was flavorful. The other person ordered the garlic and oil olive linguini. It was horrible. It was like pasta soup. It was served in bowl, but needed strained. Don't get this item until they change it!

The chocolate dessert was over cooked, reulting in it being very dry.

Overall, just use caution in what you order. Some items are great while others are not.

1  Thank pennstate99
Reviewed October 18, 2012

When my wife was looking for a place in Ligonier for lunch, I checked TripAdvisor and suggested Kitchen on Main. She loved it. It's in the heart of Ligonier, a lovely setting. It's small and clean with a nice menu and excellent service. It's not expensive. My wife and lunchmate arrived a few minutes before noon and quickly got a table. However, a line soon began to form.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

After enjoying 2 good meals at kitchen on main, i was looking forward to sharing this place with my friend. Since she was visiting from Washington dc i thought this would be a good place to share our early Saturday night meal. I confirmed with the waitress that we were appropriate guests having 2 almost 7 year old children in tow. She told us we were fine and waited for the menus. A few seconds later the manger or owner came over and asked if we had reservations. I said no and was informed there were no tables. Thanks for making me feel embarrassed in front of my friends, Kitchen, especially after asking if choidren were ok! I will not set foot there again.

7  Thank Patti J
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Just recently opened. Different menu that is fun just reading about the selections. Food was exceptional, very,very good, and the artful arrangement was so pleasing to the eye that you almost don't want to eat it. Staff very welcoming. Decor fresh and original. Would highly suggest stopping in for a romantic dinner for two or a fun and unique place to gather and dine with friends! PS: You will need to bring your own bottle of wine..