“Good food, but didn't have what I ordered so I had to pick something else...”

The Kitchen on Main
Ranked #1 of 39 Restaurants in Ligonier
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Open floor plan including kitchen - watch as chefs prepare your meal.Some booths for a more private experience as well as outside dining. BYOB
Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

Nice atmosphere and food was good, but they were out of what I originally ordered so I had to go with a second choice. prices were fair for the portion sizes. I would probably go back again.

1  Thank aconnell32

Reviewed September 29, 2012

When we heard the owners of Out of the Fire were opening a restaurant in Ligonier, we were extremely excited. However, after our first experience there for dinner, we were extremely disappointed. The restaurant was clean and decorated nicely, but lacked the atmosphere you would expect for a restaurant at this price point. Our watress was completely disinterested to the extent that we had to open and pour our own wine and request ice to put it on with a $4.00 cork fee. The quality of the meal was good but extremely expensive for the tapas sized entrees. Twelve gnocchis with a small amount of crabmeat for $24 seemed excessive. One appetizer, 2 salads, and 2 orders of gnocchis for $100, not to mention we brought our own bottle of wine. We requested bread with our salad and were served a half a ciabatta roll toasted and charged for it. We have traveled extensively and have always relied heavily on tripadvisor and have never been disappointed, however this is one I would stay away from. Overall, the total package was nowhere near our expectations.

6  Thank CAG1Greensburg
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Great food, great service, what more could we ask for for a great dinner. The server was very accommadating, took thr time to tell us about the different menu items.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

A welcome addition to Ligonier's breakfast choices, it has an open artsy feel that makes it seem bigger than it is. I've tried about half of the menu breakfast items and have enjoyed all of them. The little sweet-bun nibbles are yummy and a nine touch of hospitality. The salmon hash and eggs, and eggs benedict were my favorites. My husband loves the breakfast tacos, and my BGF swoons over the pancakes with bananas. We enjoyed the sausage and biscuits, but felt the caramelized onions were too sweet. Service has been attentive and pleasant. We will continue to be regular customers.

Reviewed September 11, 2012 via mobile

We split the salmon omelette and it was scrumptious..an OUT OF THE FIRE trademark.

Love the pale green decor and the layout and seating choices--booths..tables bar stools..outside tables.You can even watch them cook. Great place for locals to congregate. A long-awaited addition to town.

For a new restaurant I think they have the right idea. But like any 'start up'there are a few glitches but these restaurateurs are successful for a reason.

Why not franchise?