“Excellent spot for lunch”

The Kitchen on Main
Ranked #1 of 39 Restaurants in Ligonier
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Open floor plan including kitchen - watch as chefs prepare your meal.Some booths for a more private experience as well as outside dining. BYOB
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Excellent spot for lunch”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

We were hungry by the time we got to Ligonier and our friend recommended the Kitchen on Main for lunch. They did not disappoint. The lobster bisque was not like any lobster bisque we have had in the past, it was more like a light lobster and potato broth, yet still tasty. The crab burger was delicious and the salmon and ginger burger though a little dry was very tasty. My other half said the sweet potato fries were excellent. All washed down with a wonderful refreshing passion fruit ice tea.
The service was excellent and we will certainly return for their breakfast which is served all day. The crab eggs benedict we saw being served looked devine.

• Visited September 2012

Champion, Pennsylvania
“Very Enjoyable Lunch”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Had lunch with a group of friends this past Sunday.
Food was fresh and delicious and the service was friendly.
I really liked that we didn't have a long wait for our food to be served after placing our order.

Donegal;PA
“Breakfast and Lunch can't be beat”
Reviewed August 18, 2012

A spinoff restaurant from Out of the Fire Cafe in Donegal. Wonderful breakfasts and lunches. The omelets and eggs benedict (many varieties) are suberb. The salads, wraps,a dn sandwiches are all delicious and served so creatively. Heard a rumor they will be opening for dinner soon. Can't wait!

Visited August 2012
Ligonier, Pennsylvania
“Over Priced”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

This place is new to the area. It has nice decor. Its clean and has an artsy feel. The breakfasts and lunch I had were adverage to good. The prices are extreme for the area. More " big city prices". I could have 2.5 full brakfasts at other places in town for the price of one here. The hamburgers are over 10 dollars unless you want "American Kobe" then they are over 16. The service is hit or miss. Cash only! For me this is a once a month kind of place.

1 Thank jamie h
Oahu
“Best breakfast in Ligonier”
Reviewed August 11, 2012

I stayed in Ligonier for a week and wish I had heard about this excellent little place in the beginning. My last morning there I was very glad to find it. Good restaurant choices in Ligonier are limited, and I very much hope The Kitchen makes it. The inside is inviting, bright, and clean. Great variety of menu choices - I included a photo of the breakfast menu. I had the "Farmer's" Eggs Benedict - delicious (see photo)! And the breakfast potatoes were some of the best I have EVER eaten anywhere. Actually having something with avocado and asparagus and potatoes made me feel healthy. Service was good/friendly. Be warned that they only take cash - that would be my only complaint - they should take cards. Yes, there is an ATM right across the street, but you have to pay a fee to get your own money out.