“Catch Up W/Friends”

Description: Lunch, Dinner, Specialty Foods, Take Out, BYOB,
Sunset Beach, North Carolina, United States
“Catch Up W/Friends”
Reviewed July 28, 2012

Flavors Cafe is a new eatery in Ligonier tucked in on West Main. The food was delicious and nothing is made ahead (except perhaps the homemade chips), so it is all very fresh and yummy. There is a nice little patio outside or you could enjoy the a/c in the inside dining area. Cute atmosphere. Price is a little high (I'm on a college budget), but is on par for Ligonier. Because this is a small place with one main chef who makes everything fresh, it may take a little while to get your food if it is busy. Because of that, this place is perfect for outings with old friends when there is a lot of chatting or catching up involved. Great for "Ladies' Day Out." Overall, I suggest you try it!

• Visited June 2012

Greensburg
“Different”
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Went here on a recommendation from co-worker and really am not sure what I think. First, I had high expectations, so I left feeling somewhat disappointed. The food was just okay. My husband had a filet with goat cheese and red pepper topping. The steak was good but really too much goat cheese which overpowered the steak. Would be good on the side. I had salmon and it was just good. Salad was ordinary, but good. Dessert was a cinnamon roll bread pudding which is rated 20 out of 10 by the diners!!! I couldn't wait to eat it, but really nothing special. Doughy cinnamon roll, with caramel drizzle and some vanilla ice crea. The discription made it sound irresistable, but i beg to differ. Will I go there again? Not sure at this time. Cute atmosphere and personable chef. There was only one other table of customers there on a Sat nite, so seeing this, I was a bit skeptical walking in. You would think it would be busier if the food was above average because there are not many other decent places to eat in Ligonier.

• Visited July 2012
FlavorsCafe, Owner at Flavors Cafe, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
You wrote in our guest book, "First time here on a recommendation from a friend and we were pleasantly surprised! The food was wonderful with a touch of the chef's South American background. Salmon and filet mignon were done to perfection! Loved the intimate atmosphere. The chef spent time with us telling us about the meal. Awesome! A wonderful dining experience!" I was very surprised to read your review, because you liked it when you were here, and then decided later you didn't.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent food”
Reviewed July 1, 2012

Was in town for a wedding, and had dinner at Flavors Cafe after a long drive. Found the restaurant to be quaint. Obviously a favorite of the locals - most of the people there knew each other. Both my husband and I enjoyed our meals. Found the menu to be inventive and creative. Food was a little slow coming out of the kitchen, but worth the wait. Highly recommended.

• Visited June 2012