“Great for kids ages 2-10”

Idlewild & SoakZone
Ranked #2 of 12 things to do in Ligonier
More attraction details
Owner description: With something for everyone, Idlewild & SoakZone is rated the Best Kids Park in the World by Amusement Today magazine, and rated Best Park for Families by the National Amusement Park Historical Association. With two parks in one, this is what family fun is all about! The oldest amusement park in Pennsylvania, Idlewild & SoakZone offers a delightful day of fun for every member of your group. Whether you’re celebrating a birthday, having a party, hosting a company picnic, or spending quality time with family and friends, Idlewild & SoakZone helps make everything easier and hassle free with party packs and catered event menus. Attractions that include the Rollo Coaster, SoakZone, Storybook Forest and so much more make Idlewild & SoakZone the place to be for everyone young and old!
pittsburgh
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Great for kids ages 2-10”
Reviewed July 7, 2012 via mobile

I think it's a bit pricey, but overall it's such a nice park! We were there on a day in the 90s and the wooded environment kept it shady in a lot of areas. Our 20 month old was a bit timid with everything but for braver or older kids it's a neat place.
They refill water containers for free!
So I would highly reccomend brining refillable bottles.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Great place for kids and families”
Reviewed July 7, 2012

Lots of shade and nice family rides. The waterpark was great too. A great value and a great time. We will be back this year.

Visited July 2012
2 Thank afmascio
LaVale, Maryland
75 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Kiddy Park”
Reviewed July 5, 2012

This place is more for the little kids, I've been there way to many times to count, but all I can say is if you live near Pittsburgh do not waste your money if you want a park to go to go to Kennywood it is a lot more fun and worth the money, but if you have little children or if you are a complete chicken when it comes to rides Idlewild is the perfect place for you. Their waterpark is awesome!!!! If I ever go back to Idlewild I'm going to be at SoakZone all day.

Pittsburgh, Pa
134 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 84 helpful votes
“Great for young children”
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Idlewild is a great amusement park but is set up more for families. Young children love Storybook forest where the nursery rhymes are featured. There are rides for all ages in the park itself. The water park and wave pool are also included in a pass. Season passes are great to use over the summer and go back for the Hallo Boo trick or treating in Oct.

Visited August 2011
Cleveland, Ohio, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Perfect for the little ones.”
Reviewed July 3, 2012

We spent 2 full days here with our 3yo daugher and 15mo son.
My daughter loved storybook forest (surprising to me), we went through there once each day. As an adult, I found it fairly boring, but she loved it. Especially sitting in the three bears house and the wolf in grandma's house. The plus as the parent were the photo ops. Pushing the 15mo in the stroller zigzagging across the hill was not a plus.
We spent some time in soak zone, and I even got her on one of the 'big kid' raft slides, but she only would go on once. The adventure playland was a bit too big for her, so we spent the time in the kiddy pool, which rivals your average kids area of a municipal pool to me.
The big hit was Raccoon Lagoon (Kiddyland). All the rides were just perfect for her. On the 2nd day, we noticed one of the signs that read something to the effect: 'Riders under 36" must be accompanied by a responsible child between 36" and 56"'. We laughed about that for a minute, and then sent our 15mo on with our daughter, and he had a blast. He then went on all the rest of the rides with her except the boat ride, motorcycle ride, and bumper cars and they both loved them all. We closed the evening with a ride on the merry go round and just then 'Rollo Coaster' (which had been closed for the rest of our visit) opened up and dd went on her very first roller coaster ride with me. Coming off she told her father, "We went up and down and up and down and up and down and it was scary and fun!"
Then we caught the 8:00 show which the kids loved the songs and the costumes.
So all around, a big hit. It's a smaller park which makes it much more walkable and pleasant. If you're planning a trip for young kids and you're not sure they're old enough for an amusement park, this is a 'go!' in my opinion.

Visited June 2012