“France in Ligonier!”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
“France in Ligonier!”
Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

We had heard mixed reviews and decided to try it for ourselves and oh my gosh am I glad we did! Service, ambiance, food all were first class. We sampled a large array of the menu and everything is made to order. No wine list but they have a board that you can choose from and they have a decent selection. Alpine mushroom broth, delicious! Baked Brie, Vichyssoise, all good! Vegetable Crepe, Beef Burgundy Crepe and Steak Frites, all really, really good. Probably should not have had the desert crepes but my they were wirth it! Crepe de Soleil and Crepe Suzette! mmmmm. Did I mention our delightful server Lauren, extremely attentive and knowledgable. Thank you for making our visit so enjoyable :)

1 Thank Jeff D

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Superb meal, warm and friendly atmosphere and exceptional service!”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Du Soleil has become one of our favorite restaurants across both Pittsburgh and Ligonier—our weekend home. Since opening last year it has become a top choice for showing off Ligonier to visiting friends. It has never disappointed and is equally good for lunch or dinner.

Last Saturday evening we spontaneously decided to go to Du Soleil. They were as busy as we’ve ever seen it—every table was filled with laughing and happy looking people. Despite the crowd, and only two service staff, we were made to feel welcome. We really want to call out Eric, who was warm and engaging, entertained our endless questions and covered a lot ground w/out making it look hard. His huge smile made a nice night even brighter! His partner Amanda was equally attentive to her tables.

We ordered the always phenomenal mussels and frites, delicious (have to try it) escargot, and the duck crepes. Of course we also had to get the hazelnut chocolate crepes for desert, and were glad we did! The wine selection was, as always, good, and our cocktails were quickly replenished.

As an aside, our table was positioned between two others w/couples visiting Ligonier. We enjoyed getting to know them, and they each were also having a lovely experience at Du Soleil. We couldn’t help but recognize that the atmosphere was reminiscent of a true European dining experience, where socializing and even sitting w/dining neighbors you don’t know is part of the fun.

2 Thank bidy1287
Sarver, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fabulous!!!!”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

My husband and I took our brother and sister-in-law there for their anniversary. We had the mussel appetizer and ordered a bottle of wine. The mussels were fabulous. This was my first time eating mussels and I instantly fell in love with them. My husband ordered the duck and the rest of us ordered crepes. All of our meals were delicious and we were all quite full. However, not full enough to not order desert and after dinner drinks. My husband and I split a crepe and my brother and sister in law split the crème brulee. Again, delicious. Oh, I almost forgot about the French onion soup...by far the BEST we have ever had. The restaurant was just fabulous and we are now planning on taking my mother and father in law there for their anniversary as well!!! I highly recommend this restaurant...you will not be disappointed.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank leopardmama
“Delicious”
Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

I have eaten here several times. Lunch with girlfriends, dinners with friends, and just when I thought it couldn't get any better I saw the lobster risotto on Facebook and had to try it (delicious) & of course I always have a crepe for dessert. What a treasure to have a restaurant that feels like you are in a little town in France. Love it !!

1 Thank KAJ214
Charleston, South Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful food and environment!”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

My coworker from back home recommended this restaurant to me while I was traveling and I'm so glad! My sister and I arrived for dinner and we ordered drinks and a mussel appetizer. Of course the drinks were wonderful and the appetizer was the best I've had. If it was socially acceptable I would have tipped back the bowl and drank the juice.
The waitress was sweet and attentive but didn't overcrowd us. We had a lot to catch up on.
I had the seared duck for my entree and I loved it.

Overall, the food was great, the service was wonderful, and the environment was perfect.
I would definitely recommend this play to anyone!

• Visited July 2013