“Great food - Great service”
Review of The Road Toad

The Road Toad
Ranked #4 of 39 Restaurants in Ligonier
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Coming into the Ligonier PA valley from the west on PA route 30, just before you arrive at Idlewild Park is a great little restaurant, The Road Toad ( name derived from Kenneth Grahame's 1908 book "The Wind in the Willows"). Menu offers a wide variety with a wonderful view over looking the Loyalhanna creek (good trout fishing). My favorite is their coconut shrimp, but have never had a complaint for any meal ordered by myself or friends.

Reviewed December 13, 2013

Gathering of men from our church. Salad and beverages served by staff and buffet style for dinner with servers. Everything was good and staff continued to refill beverages while we ate.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

After a visit to the flight 93 memorial we were looking for a nice place for lunch. After reading the revues on trio advisor we picked the Road Toad. What a great choice this turned out to be. Our waitress Pat, was friendly and very helpful. The food was excellent. Owner made sure to visit every table to make sure everything was to the patrons liking. Will return again.

1  Thank baron13
Reviewed October 22, 2013

It was a bright and sunny day when my car developed break problems. I pulled into the Road Toad parking lot to let the breaks cool and went inside to have a beer so I could cool since I just had a complete break job done a few weeks earlier...now I'm almost dead in the water. Anyway, the eatery. I had a burger and a beer if I recall that was really good and made a mental note to return.
An afternoon motorcycle ride with a friend put me in close proximity with an empty stomach...ahhh! The Road Toad. Had the astiago chicken and the requesit IPA or 3. There was a festival in the town going on at the time the place was busy, many patrons, explains the 3 IPAs. Food was great, also the IPAs, service was excellent considering the patron load. Will definatly be back.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

A really nice find near Ligonier. Food was uniformly very good, staff was attentive and pleasant, and location was pretty. We had two of the flatbread pizzas and salads. Make sure to sit on enclosed porch or outside if weather permits. The setting is great.

1  Thank trol l