“Great food, Great service, Great Owner”
Review of The Road Toad

The Road Toad
Ranked #4 of 42 Restaurants in Ligonier
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I love this place. The food is always good. The Bleu Burg salad is the best. I've never had anything bad. A charming place with good food.

wwjbd0103, Owner at The Road Toad, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

Thank you so much! It makes us all so happy when our guests are happy! Please come back soon.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

My wife and I celebrated Valentine's Day here for the second year in a row, and the meal was one of the best we've had anywhere in quite a while. The menu is not overwhelming in its number of choices, and they don't try to re-invent the wheel here. My wife had the salmon, and I had a petite fillet -both were cooked to perfection, and the portions were just the right size. The Maryland Crab soup was excellent, with a generous amount of crab meat. It was obvious that the food was not only prepared fresh, but delivered quickly from the kitchen to the table.
Entree prices are reasonable, but be advised - each side dish adds an additional $3 to the tab. Still, the total bill was around $80 with drinks, dinner, sides, and a shared desert. Pretty reasonable, particularly in an area where it's hard to find middle-of-the-road options.
A nice touch is the owner making sure he visits with each table, thanking them for their patronage and making sure that his customers are happy. Ask for a creekside table if available, particularly when visiting in the summer or fall.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

My husband and I dined at The Road Toad, and had a great experience. The steak and crab cakes were very good. Our server was very nice, and Ron (the owner) made a point to get to know everyone in the dining room and make us feel welcome. We will return the next time we visit Ligonier.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

Always friendly service with attention to detail while offering an appetizing menu. Fine dining at its "Best"!

Reviewed January 6, 2013

My brother-in-law said this is a great restaurant! He recommended the cat fish with a side of crab meat w/scallops.....omg....I got the blackened...it was the best I have ever eaten! This was my first time there and there will be lots more! Great atmosphere and the owner greets you and makes you feel at home! The waitresses are very friendly and helpful also! A really nice place to enjoy a great meal!