“Romance”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 7, 2012

Awesome Wine also good food and atomsphere Will be back again. great scenery. service was good and the ppl fun to be with.

There are newer reviews for The Road Toad

Reviewed January 26, 2012

We stopped here for dinner after driving past it for years. It was always along the way but never the destination. I believe I had the Best meal I have ever eaten. This will soon become a destination of choice. Patty was our waitress, and a very nice gentleman stopped a couple of times to check how our dinner was going. I had the steak and cake. It was a 6 oz filet that was perfect. The crab cake was the best crab I have ever had. I could not believe what a gem of a restaurant I have been passing by all these years. The wedding soup was great also. So worth the stop. The setting was very tasteful. I imagine the view during the day or early evening would be beautiful overlooking the water but it was dark and we were unable to see it. Stop by and give it a try. You will be pleasantly pleased. Enjoy.

Reviewed December 20, 2011

We recently visited the Road Toad for lunch during a visit to Latrobe. What a wonderful treat. The food and service was outstanding and The Road Toad had magnificent views of the Loyalhanna Creek. It was hard to choose from the varied menu, but I had the grilled tuna steak salad and my husband had a reuben sandwich. Both were delicious. We wished that we were going to be in the area to have dinner because the appetizers and entres sounded so delicious. There is also a great selection of wines and beers. The restaurant is only open for lunch on the weekends, but if you are visiting in the Ligonier-Latrobe area this is a great restaurant to try. We are looking forward to stopping again when we are visiting in Latrobe.