“A Hidden Pearl”

Johnstown, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Hidden Pearl”
Reviewed September 15, 2012

A great out of the way restaurant with a beautiful back view of a pond and farmland. Don't let the outside fool you. You can have gourmet meal or a more traditional choice, but it will be well-seasoned an served by plekasant staff. A bit pricey.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank stelly101

Pisgah Forest, North Carolina
“Super Restaurant for a family meal or romatic dinner”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Set in a historic house, (expanded) the Colonial Inn is one of our favorites when visiting the area. Extensive menu chock full of fresh and not often seen entrees and a soothing atmosphere. Be sure to arrive early or stay after to have a seat at the unique bar that overlooks a pond. Service always top notch and not really expensive for all you get. This is a must dine in Ligonier PA! You will not be disappointed or leave hungry!

• Visited August 2011
Ligonier, Pennsylvania
“Owners response”
Reviewed June 25, 2012

"Owners Response" by Jeremy Tunney
December 22, 2009 Doesn't like it
I have been twice. Once with a client. We ordered salads, it took an hour to get them and they were iceberg lettuce salads. Second time was today soggy bottom on my Reuben, my fiancé's wrap was cold. Everybody else in the resteraunt was complaining there food was cold. Understaffed again just poor service. Bottom line go somewhere else!

June 22, 2012 bruce-auman sent you a message on Urbanspoon:
Jeremy, I read your review of my restaurant and have to tell you, no one has ever waited an hour for a salad. Just because you don't like iceburg lettuce doesn't mean other people don't. Im sure also that you are use to getting over done and dried out ruebens in Ligonier. As soon as they invent marble rye that doesn't absorb juices, I'll be the first to buy it. Thank you for reviewing my restaurant, but don't quit your day job.

June 23, 2012
Bruce, I would think you would try to convince someone to come back and try your restaurant instead of being a jerk! I have no reason to lie about waiting for a salad. Seriously you want to argue about iceburg lettuce versus romaine or other leafy greens. Most dark greens are good sources of Vitamin C, beta-carotene, iron, calcium, folate, and dietary fiber. The rule of thumb is, usually, the darker the greens, the more nutritious the leaf. Don't be rude and comment about other restaurants that have nothing to do with this review. If you need a lesson on how to send out a crispy sandwich I will help you. Grill the bread on both sides until crispy and send it out to the table promptly! I don't even remember what my wife ordered as it was two and a half years ago, but please dont send out cold or under cooked food! I don't claim to be a professional critic but you my friend are not a chef!!!!! I thought about coming back and giving you another chance however after your response NEVER. I will be sure to tell everyone I can how rude and arrogant you are.

• Visited June 2012
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“BEST Restaurant in Town”
Reviewed March 1, 2012

There is only a handful of restaurant's in this little town, but if you are looking for good food in a beautiful setting with a Spectacular view from the lounge area, THIS IS IT.

The food was fantastic, large servings and great wait staff. The bar / lounge area overlooks a lake 50' away which is lit up a night. There are ducks, swans and other wildlife to see.

If you go to Ligonier definitely stop here !

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank Sayheyj
Glenside, Pennsylvania
“What a gem!”
Reviewed September 5, 2011

We arrived fairly late because we were traveling from Philadelphia; they were getting ready to close but graciously accommodated us. The server was knowledgeable, attentive, and personable. The decor was charming, and the food was excellent and reasonably priced for the quality.

If we lived in the Ligonier area we would dine there on a regular basis.

• Visited April 2011