“outstanding”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 28, 2010

Food was excellent and service was friendly. I had the walnut cranberry chicken sandwich -- the bread was fresh and the sandwich was very tasty, the chips were excellent. My daughter ordered the chicken soup which they ran out of but gave my daughter a free bowl of french fries while they made her her other choice. My other daughter's plate of "child's" portion of Mom's spaghetti was huge and very tasty. My husband had the burger which was cooked to perfection. The atmosphere was lovely -- busy but not rushed. All in all a very good experience and would return.

Reviewed September 18, 2010

We've been eating at the Ligonier Tavern for years, and the eggplant parm and meatloaf are still OK. What's changed is the attention to detail and general cleaniliness; coffee served without a spoon (I stirred it in front of the server using a fork and got no reaction) and no spoons on the other tables, dirty salt/pepper shakers (dried red sauce all over them), flatware not entirely clean and requiring some replacement, disconnected service. If it was busy we might have understood some of the service and cleanliness shortcomings, but the rooms were half empty. We'll return for some of the food selections, but we won't expect all that much from the service.

Reviewed June 16, 2010

My husband & I both ordered from the specails board, no prices were listed. We assumed that they would be comparable to the prices listed in the menu. NOPE! I orded a chilean sea bass - it was $28. My husband ordered the sea & shrimp platter - $24. It was basically a glorified over battered shrimp basket. Mine fish was good - but, rather bland... then finally after we left and got to our rental - I realized that they FORGOT the wine sauce it was to be served with!! Now, mistakes happen for sure - but, for the chef to forget and the server not to notice and it's the pricest meal you got going!? Pretty lame.
I also did not like all the upcharges. I ordered a margarita - waiter askes you want 1800 tequila - ok sure - an extra $1 - not bad - ok. You want crumbled blue cheese - sure, an extra buck. The fresh from a local farm buttered lettuce was an extra $1.25 - too many upcharges - that I wasn't asking for!?
However, the balcony was nice to eat out on - my son (3) enjoyed that. His meal was only $2.99; we ordered him chicken fingers and homemade chips. They were both excellent! Heck, he can eat that cheap at McD's!? Quality food.
Dissappointed in our $80+ meal on my bday however.... order from the menu or ask for prices - check your food over when you get it and skip the upcharges unless you really want something!

Reviewed September 15, 2009

We chose this restaurant on the spur of the moment, knowing nothing about the place except it had a wonderful appeal from the street. We were not disappointed. You have a choice of dining inside the beautiful Victorian or the second floor outdoor balcony. There was a nice selection of specialty beer on tap. Our dinner rolls were fresh and soft and our salads had the nice flavorful touch of crunchy toasted onions. I have always liked anise so I decided to try the Sambuca Chicken. The unique combination of flavors is surprising delicious. My husband chose the Angus Reserve with gourmet mashed potatoes, and highly recommends it also. He chose the coconut creme pie with caramel drizzle, which topped the meal off perfectly. The service we received was excellent as well. Our waitress was dressed in Scottish attire to coincide with the towns yearly observance of the Scottish Highlands Games. I would definitely enjoy going again.