“Another place during D & L's travels”
Review of Ligonier Tavern

Ligonier Tavern
Ranked #7 of 39 Restaurants in Ligonier
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Another place during D & L's travels”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

First let me say that I have traveled all over N. America and Europe. My wife and I are listed on this service as being in 6 cities. Such as LV Hash House A Go Go & Niagara Falls B Jays which went to #12 after my report. I have been going to Ligonier since I was 5 I'm now 50. I HAVE NEVER HAD SUCH A PROFANE NEGATIVE EXPERIENCE ANY PLACE IN MY LIFE! My wife, 85 yr old mother and I had "dinner" here on Oct. 26 2012 at 06:02pm as on the check. I ordered Jager Schnitzle which on the menu was Pork hand breaded House made Spatzle & mushroom gravy. I received 2 pieces of tough pork breaded with what reminded me of corn flakes, their spatzle was boxed stove top stuffing and the gravy was cubed boiled mushrooms in water. This for $14.99. I informed the waitress leah c. that this was not what I ordered she stated that it was not original German. I asked how could you call it what you did? She gave no answer. My wife and Mother ordered Chicken and Biscuits the menu stated Herb Chicken, veg. and creamy gravy. They received 2 small biscuits, 4 small pieces of non herb chicken, not fresh but frozen veg. and about a table spoon of some type of gravy. This for $11.99 each. The only thing good was the draft beer which I was charged $4.25 for. Finally the menu is false, the cooks need to watch the travel or food channel and know how to cook & the waitress's need to learn how to handle complaints or at least menu falsifications. THIS IS ALL ON THE MANAGERS! I know this is hard to believe I wish I took a pic.On a good note the atmosphere is wonderful and my dog ate well.

1 Thank Duane H

Verona Pa
“Not worth the trip”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Service was terrible from the wait to be seated to the time we received the check. Food was not hot and the pasta had more water in the bowl than sauce. Meatballs were hard and foul tasting. A pasta dinner did not include any bread or salad. To start with they were out of half the menu so dinner choice was limited.

2 Thank Mark P
Indiana, Pennsylvania
“Always a great meal”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Have been here several times in the past year and have always had a superb meal. Service and seating can be slow during the busy event weekends but the wait is worth it. The restaurant is an old house with ackward table placements leading to crowded seating. The menu is varied and has something for everyone. Plus the price is reasonable. My favorite in Ligonier so far.

Columbus, Ohio
“Ligonier Tavern”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

We have tried this restaurant several times over the last few yearsand have finally given up on ever going back ! The wait to be seated, even when there are empty tables available, is painfully slow. The food is medicore to say the best. The worst part is the fact that the wait staff will argue with you if you mention that something is not satisfactory with your meal / order ! What's with that??

• Visited November 2011
2 Thank Kathleen H
PA
“Favorite restaurant in the area, by far”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Love this place. Beautiful old Victorian house with a variety of dining areas downstairs, upstairs and outside on balcony and patio. Menu is good, food is great, and a very good value for the area. There are lots of good restaurants around here, but this is our favorite.

Visited September 2012