“Charming cozy informal restaurant/tavern in historic building!”
Review of Ligonier Tavern

Ligonier Tavern
Ranked #12 of 39 Restaurants in Ligonier
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 4, 2011

The perfect place for lunch or dinner in historic Ligonier!! I grew up in Ligonier--and recently went back after decades to see my childhood home. My family companions are vegan--and Lig Tavern was able to accommodate them--and they raved about the vegan offerings which is a rarity! The "tavern" on he inside is lots of pleasant wood--and old big windows. It was once the home of an affluent res of Ligonier (turn-of century)--and has the feel of that---very nice! For me--the carnivore--I had French Onion soup (yumm)> and a Rueben sandwich that made he tradition proud with lots of the best--and delicious cheese! Overall a very pleasant experience--we went back again while in Ligonier!

Reviewed July 30, 2011

We arrived at 630pm for a long standing 7pm reservation and were told to expect a wait as "they were having some issues with the kitchen"We were seated around 725pm and ordered.Or at least tried to order only to be told that at least 50% of the menu was off and/or sold out. So we ordered what was still available. and waited and waited and waited and waited and after finally threatening to leave were served at around 9pm.What finally came was mediocre to say the least and even the fries were cold!What really made me mad was that they continued to accept families and couples, seated them and then let them wait for up to 3 hours(yes 3 hours) when it was obvious to anyone with a modicum of intelligence that they were totally out of their depth.This in my opinion is nothing short dishonest.It is clear that they have a menu which is FAR too complex and not the kitchen staff to produce it.AVOID until they have put their house in order

6  Thank bristol411
Reviewed February 26, 2011

Our experience at the Ligonier Tavern started with a thirty minute wait. This wouldn't have been so bad except that we had reservations. On the bright side, when we were finally seated it was in a pleasant room with a nice atmosphere. However, it could have turned out much differently. Where you wait is more towards the front of the building and it was easy to see that those tables are exposed to both the loud, crappy music coming from the bar area and the cold air coming from the outside every time someone came or left. Had we been sat at a table in that area, it would have been a very unpleasant experience for us.

But like I said, we were taken to a back room far from the front door and where somehow the music from the bar didn't manage to reach us. The service was reasonable, but not quite up to the level I was expecting for a fancier place. The food was good, albeit a bit overpriced. They had a bunch of specials without pricing and thankfully I thought to ask. For some reason a simple pasta dish from their list of specials was priced higher than a New York Strip steak. I found something more reasonable to order and all was good. So in the end we had a very nice dining experience. I would go back, but only if I could have some choice about where I sat.

1  Thank PhotoBiker
Reviewed September 28, 2010

Food was excellent and service was friendly. I had the walnut cranberry chicken sandwich -- the bread was fresh and the sandwich was very tasty, the chips were excellent. My daughter ordered the chicken soup which they ran out of but gave my daughter a free bowl of french fries while they made her her other choice. My other daughter's plate of "child's" portion of Mom's spaghetti was huge and very tasty. My husband had the burger which was cooked to perfection. The atmosphere was lovely -- busy but not rushed. All in all a very good experience and would return.

Reviewed September 18, 2010

We've been eating at the Ligonier Tavern for years, and the eggplant parm and meatloaf are still OK. What's changed is the attention to detail and general cleaniliness; coffee served without a spoon (I stirred it in front of the server using a fork and got no reaction) and no spoons on the other tables, dirty salt/pepper shakers (dried red sauce all over them), flatware not entirely clean and requiring some replacement, disconnected service. If it was busy we might have understood some of the service and cleanliness shortcomings, but the rooms were half empty. We'll return for some of the food selections, but we won't expect all that much from the service.