Colonial House on Main Bed & Breakfast
Ramada Ligonier(Ligonier)(Great Value!)
$109
Foggy Mountain Lodge(Stahlstown)(Great Value!)
$75
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh Latrobe(Latrobe)(Great Value!)
$97
$130
$119
$59
Quality Inn(Greensburg)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsfront porchfrittatadice suiteb bbed and breakfastthird floorhome away from homewinter weekendmill creekdecorated for christmaswonderful accommodationsantique furniturenext morninga lovely staynever stay anywhere elsethe king size bedthought of everything
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 9, 2013

We found this inn online like so many travelers do, but we discovered that we had to call Dawn instead of the impersonal online booking. We were charmed immediately. Our plans included Frank L. Wright's Falling Water Home so she suggested a restaurant for dinner that was on our route. The restaurant was great (I'll review it later.) When we arrived at the Colonial House we were charmed a second time by the porch, the entry way, and the innkeeper Dawn, who was friendly, chatty, professional (She carried my bag to the third floor!) and helpful. Our rooms were spacious, clean, well appointed (coffee maker, wine refrigerator, microwave, hair dryer, robes, etc) and wonderful bed and linens. It was very comfortable. The next morning after walking around the picturesque Ligonier for a while we sat down to a beautiful breakfast. Yogurt and fruit, homemade breads and muffins, frittata with local cheese, and perfect hot coffee. We wanted to stay longer, but we had deadlines to keep and miles to go before our next stop. We hope to come back! Thanks, Dawn.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank mary j
Reviewed August 2, 2013

We booked the entire house this past Fourth of July weekend for us and other family members who were coming to celebrate our son's wedding at the near by Oak Lodge in Stahlstown. It was an amazing weekend celebration that was made even more amazing by the incredible comfort and hospitality we enjoyed at this beautiful B&B. We truly had the best experience because we could enjoy all the wonderful wedding events and then escape to the comfort of this house and be spoiled by Dawn's never ending hospitality - I didn't want it to end! The morning of the wedding we invited other family and friends to join us for breakfast. Dawn served up a wonderful breakfast buffet and we all spent the time eating and chatting on the front porch and in two classic pallor areas on the first floor. If for any reason you are in need of a place to rest for the night, don't hesitate to book a room at this charming location. You won't be disappointed.

PS - We forgot our cellphone charger in the room, but, thanks to Dawn, it arrived home safely in the post a couple days after us. Now that is service!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 1, 2013

My family and I travel to Ligonier every year to drop my children off at summer camp. Last year after doing some research, we decided to try the Colonial House. Dawn was so honestly gracious and such the perfect hostess , that we vowed never to stay anywhere else . This summer I returned and greeting Dawn was like greeting a lifelong friend! She remembered not only me but my children. My 9 year old son informed me that this is one of his " very favorite places to visit". Ligonier has become a much-anticipated destination and the Colonial House our beautiful home away from home. Do yourself a favor- meet Dawn, eat her fabulous breakfast, sit and chat and get the low down on the best Ligonier has to offer- you won't regret it and I bet you too will make the Colonial your second home!

Room Tip: Ask for the top floor suite for those traveling with kids
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Our experience at Colonial House on Main was outstanding in every respect. That is to the credit of Dawn, the owner and innkeeper.

Upon arriving at Colonial House we received a warm and enthusiastic greeting. When we walked in the door we found a grand home, typical of the early Twentieth Century. From the hardwood floors to the beautiful walnut trim, everything looked as it might have when the house was new. The furnishings were perfect. They were appropriate to the period with a modern accents placed just where they added the right touch. The appearance was just right; more importantly the furnishings were comfortable.

We stayed in the Dice Suite. It had a spacious bedroom and an equally spacious sitting room. The sitting area was ideal for providing a comfortable place to read, listen to music, or to watch TV. Stretching out on the sofa for a nap was also a good possibility.

The front porch reminded me of my grandparents' home. I can't remember when I last sat on a porch glider and just watched the world go by. It was the perfect place to read a book or to sip your morning coffee and read a newspaper.

Breakfast was superb! Fresh fruit and juice, French Toast made with cinnamon bread from a local bakery, and naturally produced bacon sliced thick by a nearby butcher, were the hallmarks of our morning meal. It was tasty and beautifully presented.

We enjoyed the time we spent with Dawn. She was fun to talk with and gave us excellent tips about what to see and do in Ligonier.

Staying at Colonial House on Main was an outstanding experience. We are already thinking about our next visit!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Had a great stay here. Spent a night at nearby Ramada. It was clean and friendly--but not as clean or as friendly as this place, or Dawn. She was a delight...and talk about a breakfast!

Did not plan to stay here, but needed a spot for a few days. Called Dawn to reserve and offered my cc to guarantee--she didn't need one. Just said to assure her we were coming and she'd have the space. Who does THAT anymore. Only downside is that they also do not take credit cards for payment, so be sure to bring your checkbook/cash. Not a big deal but worth knowing.

We liked Dawn and this place so much, we stayed a second time during the same road trip!!

Room Tip: Rooms get a little hot during summer. Make sure to let Dawn know if the room is too warm--she'll be glad to accomodate
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple