“This could be the last time.....but it isn't”

Colonial House on Main Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 4 Ligonier B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Had a great stay here. Spent a night at nearby Ramada. It was clean and friendly--but not as clean or as friendly as this place, or Dawn. She was a delight...and talk about a breakfast!

Did not plan to stay here, but needed a spot for a few days. Called Dawn to reserve and offered my cc to guarantee--she didn't need one. Just said to assure her we were coming and she'd have the space. Who does THAT anymore. Only downside is that they also do not take credit cards for payment, so be sure to bring your checkbook/cash. Not a big deal but worth knowing.

We liked Dawn and this place so much, we stayed a second time during the same road trip!!

Room Tip: Rooms get a little hot during summer. Make sure to let Dawn know if the room is too warm--she'll...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 19, 2013

From the moment we drove up to the house with its delightful porch and saw Dawn coming out to greet us, I knew we had chosen the right place for our family to stay for our son's wedding. We rented the entire house for a very reasonable rate. Each of the four suites complete with their own bathrooms seemed as though they had been perfectly planned for the needs of each family member who came. The house, which is in immaculate condition, offers all the graceful touches of turn-of-the-century living as well as all the modern conveniences of a hotel, making it a perfect place to relax and feel totally removed from the hustle and bustle of every day living. Dawn, who owns and operates Colonial House, is a joy to be around, and sees to every detail of your stay. She creates a wonderful breakfast every morning, from yogurt and fruit parfaits to a variety of dishes of her own creation. Ligonier is also a charming town. The gazebo at the center of town and all the stores are within walking distance only a block from the Bed and Breakfast itself. The Colonial House is a place I highly recommend, and hope to visit again! Thank you for your hospitality, Dawn!

Room Tip: My husband and I stayed in the third floor suite which has two rooms and 1 and 1/2 baths. My single...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 17, 2013

My family had no trouble making themselves at home in the Colonial House. The house is so clean, bright, comfortable and brilliantly furnished/decorated. It invites you to poke around every corner to see what fun amusement for the senses would come next. Like time spent with Dawn. She is beyond lovely as a person and as a hostess. Part of my family stayed at the house, the rest were invited to join in for breakfast in the morning. Every need attended to flawlessly. Dawn made herself available without being intrusive to her guests.The breakfast was wonderful, with the house rearranged to seat a large group. It was the relaxation my cousin and her family needed before their son was to be married that day. I highly recommend this home away from home. Dawn Poca,WV

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 8, 2013

What a great little inn! Dawn goes out of her way to make you feel at home without bothering you. Rooms were all very nice, and the bed was very comfortable allowing for an excellent night's sleep. I also thoroughly enjoyed the wonderful creations Dawn had for breakfast! I would go back just for breakfast! The spacious front porch was great to relax on. The decorating was very well done too! Give the Colonial House on Main a try! You'll be glad you did!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 3, 2013

My husband and I got married in Ligonier in June. We didn't want to stay at the hotel (Ramada Inn) with all of the other guests, so I did some research on B&Bs in the area and chose to stay here. Had a pleasant experience all-around. The inn-keeper was so sweet! She allowed someone to go pick up our key for us so we weren't checking in to our room at midnight, after our reception. She also brought breakfast to our room so we could have some privacy as newlyweds the next morning- and let me tell you, the breakfast was AMAZING. Everything was made fresh and tasted delicious. The house is BEAUTIFUL- I kept saying that I wish I lived there. The bed was so comfortable that it was difficult getting out of it the next morning.

We were a little thrown off that you had to go into the hallway to get to our private bath, but it wasn't something that would deter us from staying again. Besides, the bathroom was so pretty that I looked right past that minor detail.

I would recommend this B&B to anyone who is looking for somewhere to stay in Ligonier, but doesn't want to stay at a hotel! I wish we could have stayed a little longer. Two thumbs up!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 1, 2013

My wife and I recently stayed at The Colonial House with a group of friends. It was our first experience with a Bed and Breakfast and we could not have been more pleased.
The accommodations were spacious, clean, quiet and comfortable. Dawn (the innkeeper) was extremely accommodating and just a delight to deal with all around. Then there was the breakfasts! Wholesome food and made with local ingredients! If there were a way to rate higher based on breakfast alone I would totally do it.
The best comment I can make here is to tell you we had such a great time, we booked our next stay before we checked out and we can't wait!

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Stayed at the Colonial House this past weekend for a friend's wedding/to celebrate our one year anniversary. We stayed in the fabulous (newly rennovated) Mill Creek suite on the second floor. Comfortable bed, immaculate bathroom, mini wine fridge and cozy furnishings were wonderful! Dawn was great to work with, from initial booking through to the delicious breakfast that she made on Sunday morning - yogurt with honey and strawberries, blueberry muffins, ham and baked apple frittata with english cheese topping - so delicious! The location is also ideal - very close to the ligonier town center, which includes adorable shops, restaurants and bars. Overall - we had a fabulous stay at the Colonial House and will definitely be back!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ligonier
Ramada Ligonier
6 mi away
Inn at Ligonier LLC
Inn at Ligonier LLC
#4 of 4 in Ligonier

Been to Colonial House on Main Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!