Colonial House on Main Bed & Breakfast
Ramada Ligonier(Ligonier)(Great Value!)
$119
Campbell House Bed and Breakfast(Ligonier)(Great Value!)
$95
$93
$99
Hotels.com
Foggy Mountain Lodge(Stahlstown)(Great Value!)
$75
  • Restaurant
SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh Latrobe(Latrobe)(Great Value!)
$110
SpringHill Suites
$102
$72
$91
$77
$77
$129
All reviewsfront porchfrittatadice suitebed and breakfastthird floorhome away from homewinter weekendmill creekdecorated for christmaswonderful accommodationsantique furniturenext morninga lovely staynever stay anywhere elsethe king size bedthought of everythingcomforts of home
Reviewed September 26, 2012

We had an amazing time a the Colonial House. My husband Steve and I wanted to go someplace local and special for our Anniversary and this far surpassed any other options. Dawn was gracious, sweet, and just made us feel so much at home, and the breakfast was amazing, absolutely delicious. She helped us find some great places to eat dinner and gave us some ideas on places to go. The suites are tastefully and lovingly decorated with antiques and even a few family heirlooms, just beautiful and comfortable too. I highly recommend you come for a visit, you won't want to leave. We definately want to visit again. Thank you Dawn for making our visit so special, Steve and Judy

Room Tip: All the Suites are beautiful. If you have a hard time with steps there is a great first floor suite.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 6, 2012

My mom and I are from Ohio and come Ligonier every so often to work on my mom's ancestory. We ALWAYS stay at the Colonial House! The house is breathtaking with stunning wood work and charming rooms all decorated with spectacular antiques and plush linens. All the rooms have been recently renovated but still have an antique charm! The care taker Dawn is amazing. She is so sweet and makes you feel like you are coming home not just to a bed and breakfast! The breakfasts in the morning are great as well. Local bacon is used from a buthcer in Ligonier and it is out of this world! If you are going to Ligonier or anywhere NEAR Ligonier stay at the Colonial House! You will not regret a second of it.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Missy W
Reviewed September 3, 2012

This is my first time at a Bed and Breakfast and it was such a pleasure. I can't imagine any other Bed and Breakfast to be more pleasant than this. Dawn is just the most kindest and wonderful host ever! She will make you feel welcomed and right at home. She knows the ins and outs of Ligonier and well indulge information on the greatest places to go. We stayed in the Dice Suite and it was like walking into a Better Homes and Garden magazine! Everything from the bed, furniture, and little knick knacks were tastefully displayed as if it were your own home. I was simply amazed at the decor. She even showed us some of the other rooms which was also something out of an interior design magazine. The neighborhood is charming and quiet. She made us a tasty breakfast we couldn't even eat all of it. Even after I told her it was too much she still made the same amount of food the next day to ensure we were full.

I had business in Pittsburgh to attend to and it was so worth every drop of fuel to travel an hour to this cozy, warm location. I highly recommend this Bed and Breakfast, especially if it was your first time. It is definitely an experience you will not forget and I will be sure to visit again!

Room Tip: The Dice Suite is roomy and has a separate roomy sitting room with pocket doors just in case the significant other wants some quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 21, 2012

My husband and I had the pleasure of spending 3 nites at The Colonial House on Main in August. It was like staying at my Grandma's. The house is full of antique furniture and artifacts, all interesting to enjoy. Equally important to us, besides the lovely B&B, was the hospitality offered by owners, Dawn and Jim Metz. We felt right at home, very welcomed and attention given to our needs and comfort.

Thank you so much for a lovely stay. We WILL be back.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 22, 2012

From the moment I spoke with Dawn on the phone I knew we had selected the right place to stay in Ligonier. Our daughter was at Camp Ligonier and we decided to go up the night before instead of driving up to get her in the morning. We are only three hours away, but my family loves exploring and taking in all of the charm of small towns. We wanted to be able to eat the local fare, browse in the antique shops, go to the farmer markets and shop. After this experience we want to try to avoid hotels, and look to stay at B & B's. I am even inspired to start my own!! I knew Dawn for a total of 14 hours, and I hugged her good-bye. Sometimes you meet someone and immediately they feel like a friend you have known for a very long time. Her effervescence was contagious and we had a great time. I am drawn to open and honest people with high energy who love what they do. But, who isn't? The accommodations were very nice. Breakfast was great. The table was delightfully dressed, and it made me feel like a special guest. And I am not stretching the truth when I tell you that the butcher cut bacon was the BEST bacon my family has ever had, And we are bacon connoisseurs. Dawn helped us navigate our short time in town and made sure we had all the comforts of home. We'll definitely be back! Thanks Dawn and Jim.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family