“Clean Hotel and Friendly Staff”
Review of Ramada Ligonier

Ramada Ligonier
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ligonier
Reviewed February 22, 2010

I visited this hotel when skiing at Seven Springs with my family. I was just a little bit further from the interstate, but well worth the extra 10 minutes. We loved the town, very charming with great shops. Our room was very nice and extremely clean. We splurged on the larger room and it was well worth it. It was nice to have the extra space with kids. The staff was was friendly and helpful. The restaurant was excellent! There are several other restaurants in town but we were very glad we ate at the hotel. Our server was very good and our dinner was outstanding. We will definately be back this summer to visit Idlewild Park

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank dapamom

Reviewed February 16, 2010

I've stayed at this hotel before and it was average, this time we splurged on a suite 505.. Overall, its a great suite, minus some poor housekeeping (profolatic wrapper on bathroom floor) not well stocked with towels. Closet was messy with dirty towels. Heating vent pulled smoke from outside smokers into our room.disgusting! However, food was excellent, bartender/waitress was outstanding!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 31, 2010

My son and I made a ski trip to Seven Springs, we wanted a clean quiet hotel. We've tried some of the motels closer to the slopes in the past quiet and clean were not to be found. Ligonier is away from the turnpike but close enough to the slopes. Pay the extra ten bucks for the larger room you won't regret it. There are good reasonable restaurants nearby. I saved over a hundred and forty a night by staying here rather than at the Seven Springs lodge (including lift tickets).

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed December 30, 2009

Great location, beautiful rooms and very clean. The staff went out of there way and was super friendly, made you feel at home. Excellent resturant and service!!! Would recomend this hotel to anyone. We will be back... Thank you for such a great stay!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed December 17, 2009

It was my first trip to the Ligonier area this December (visiting some friends) and I have to say I loved the location of this hotel! Literally a five minute walk to the glittering center of town with all kinds of little charming shops and galleries. My stay was totally satisfying: the room was very clean, nicely refreshed each day and the staff attentive to all of my requests. I travel a lot and this place made me feel very welcomed on a personal level, something you don't experience a lot these days. So it's a definite future comeback!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank trekker93
Reviewed November 30, 2009

Very disappointment. I guess the hotel was upset with my family for booking through expedia, so they gave us the smallest room 102 (even though we had five people and the hotel was 2/3 empty.) The room was fairly clean although the heating system was so old, you put it on and roasted or turned it off and froze. no middle setting. the hallways are circa 1960. the elevator is scary. avoid the fitness rooms, the equipment is dangerous and old. it was good that there was a thanksgiving free continental breakfast, but the rest of the year it costs $$$. Parking is sufficient but the signage to the hotel is below average and the streets are small. does seem like a safe neighborhood. the staff was good, and we use a roll away bed, although it hurt my back just to lay on it for one minute. quiet neighborhood. Ligonier has limited choices, but i'd rather stay in Latrobe or Greensburg and drive.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 16, 2009

The location was great and you can walk to almost anywhere in this nice old town.No close chain restaurants except Subway but many very nice quaint local restaurants. We went to breakfast once at the hotel's all you can eat buffet the food was okay but the staff was a little grumpy.
The wireless internet did not work in our room the front desk lent us a booster for their signal which did us no good as it was not MAC compatible. The mere fact that they have boosters means they know they have a problem with the wifi. The room was kept nice and clean but the carpet was kind a old and sticky. The house keeping staff was very friendly as was the front desk. When we checked in I asked about the Wyndham rewards program and they did not seem to know much about it.
Overall the hotel was okay but do not count on internet access through their wifi.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ligonier
Wingate by Wyndham Latrobe
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Donegal
SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh Latrobe
Foggy Mountain Lodge
Foggy Mountain Lodge
#1 of 1 in Stahlstown
Holiday Inn Johnstown Downtown
Ramada Greensburg Hotel and Conference Center

Been to Ramada Ligonier? Share your experiences!