“Ok for one night”
Review of Ramada Ligonier

Ramada Ligonier
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ligonier
Reviewed September 28, 2013

The check in was fine . The room was clean and spacious , bed comfortable . Had a drink in the bar which was deserted and rather uninviting . Couldn't get wi fi on I pad but used the computer in the lobby . The staff we met were pleasant . The breakfast room was small but we were the only ones in it ! Food was adequate and included in the rate . It was in a good position to walk around the pretty little town . It was ok for what we paid .

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 25, 2013

Older hotel, but clean, and taken cared of.
Rachel at the front desk was gracious and thorough.
Mary in the Bistro and breakfast room was FANTASTIC.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 25, 2013

This is an older hotel so everything isn't brand new, but it is clean and well taken care of. A nice location and the evening staff were very helpful. The town itself is a very nice small town with lots of interesting places to go to for its size.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 23, 2013

OKAY. I will never, never stay at this Ramada Inn again. Ever. We were jerked around by the Ramada Inn on the phone for 30 minutes today with a front desk clerk and then a manager, plus after checking out trying to figure out what happened, this ruined our vacation. The following MAY have been a misunderstanding, But them jerking us around to get it resolved was very frustrating and should not have happened. Before staying at any Ramada Inn again, everything will have to be voice recorded.

My wife checked the room price at this location on the internet, found a discounted price, and not wanting to put credit card info out on the web, called the hotel directly and made reservations. The girl quoted us the room rate which was the same as on the internet and gave us a total price for the two night stay. Good. A week before our reservation date when we still did not hear back from them with a hard copy of our reservation, my wife called an 800 number for Ramada to be sure we were booked for our trip. We got a a rep from India who was very hard to understand so we called the inn directly, got someone we could understand and eventually found out we were booked. Price was not discussed in this phone call since we were quoted the price in the original phone call when the reservation was made. When we got there all was fine, the place was full due to an event in the area, the Inn was nice, all was going good . . . UNTIL we checked out. We were charged the full price. They said deals on the internet have to be made on the internet, but the original woman we talked to gave us the internet price. That is a fact. After arguing with them for a half hour the manager agreed that someone did quote me the price I was expecting but she still did not believe it was quoted from her staff. Considering I was talking on the same phone number where we made the reservation, I do not know who else would have quoted us the price. My wife only spoke to ONE person about price. They agreed to refund the difference in price so now we are waiting for the credit to show up on the credit card. This was a frustrating situation that should not have happened. I don't need my life jerked around because of a screw up on the hotel side with their people quoting a price that they don't agree to . . .

I could have stayed anywhere else for the same full price, but stayed here because they gave us a lower price . . .and then took it away and gave us a hard time. They have a serious problem with their booking procedure that I do not want to be involved with again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lono007
Andrea C, Manager at Ramada Ligonier, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Dear Doug B,

I am sorry about the confusion regarding your room rate during your recent stay at the Ramada Ligonier. I spoke with your wife when she called after check out and I explained to her that the reservation was booked at a discounted AAA rate. She mentioned she saw a different rate on line which was one of our prepaid non-cancellable rates, these rates are typically booked exclusively on-line. Although this was not what was booked for her when she made the reservation, I honored the rate for her and credited the difference as a "good faith" gesture, since I believed there was a miscommunication regarding the rate.

Although there was a miscommunication regarding the rate, I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Ramada. I know you were attending the Mother Earth News Fair held annually at Seven Springs Resort which is a very popular event and perhaps next time you will also plan to attend the Scottish Highland Games, also held that weekend, at Idlewild Park.

I do apologize for the miscommunication with your room rate and hope you will visit us again next year for the Fair.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ligonier
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Donegal
SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh Latrobe
Foggy Mountain Lodge
Foggy Mountain Lodge
#1 of 1 in Stahlstown
Holiday Inn Express Somerset
Ramada Greensburg Hotel and Conference Center
Wingate by Wyndham Latrobe

Been to Ramada Ligonier? Share your experiences!