“Great location for a weekend getaway”
Review of Ramada Ligonier

Ramada Ligonier
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ligonier
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I loved the location. Within easy walking distance to downtown Ligonier. We had dinner at the Ligoniier Tavern and enjoyed walking around the downtown area. The room wa clean and having the wireless internet service was a plus.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
Andrea C, Manager at Ramada Ligonier, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

Dear Jen,

Thank you for your recent review of the Ramada Ligonier. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and the location of the hotel. I appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us. We hope to welcome you back in the future.

There are newer reviews for Ramada Ligonier

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Internet has been driving us crazy in this room! Front desk was very helpful by trying to get it sorted. The internet service provider called me & we tried for 20 minutes to get it working in the room, with no luck. The hotel was fully booked so we were unable to transfer to another room. Both my husband & I needed to do a couple of hours worth of work on it so it was very frustrating. Eventually got it working this morning! So here I am sitting with the lap top propped up on the bathroom sink! That's the only place in the whole room that gets a signal! Our room was comfortable, there's a guest laundry, staff were helpful & breakfast was great! Hotel does need a little updating. If you are looking for a great place to go out - try The Ligonier Tavern within walking distance to the hotel. Fabulous staff, great live music and the food was delicious.

Room Tip: If you require Internet - ask when booking a room where the wifi works best!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Carmel,

Thank you so much for your review and thank you for including your room number and bringing to our attention the issue you encountered with your internet connection. We found that we in fact had a router that was not working properly which as of today has now been corrected. I apologize that we were unable to correct the problem during your stay and I am pleased that you enjoyed your overall visit as well as the other amenties in the hotel. I hope that you will consider returning again if traveling to our area. Thank you.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

I was a bit leery based on some bad reviews, but I had nothing to worry about! The hotel was clean, the staff was great and the food was really tasty. The decor isn't ultra modern, sort of colonial, but not shabby. The rooms were also not ultra modern, but very well maintained and clean. I had absolutely no complaints about any aspect of my stay. The restaurant was very good, and I'm picky!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Andrea C, Manager at Ramada Ligonier, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2012

Dear Amy2123,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience here at the Ramada Ligonier. I am so pleased that your enjoyed your stay, the hotel, and our restaurant. Thank you for your kind comments and I will be sure to share those with the other members of our staff. We look forward to your future returns!

Reviewed August 14, 2012

I made reservations at the Ramada despite reading some negative comments on Trip Advisor. Our family group of 7 had 4 rooms, 3 with two Queens, and one King, all of which were clean and comfortable. The hotel was quiet, the hot breakfast was better than most "free" breakfasts we've had at other hotels. The night clerk was very accomodating when we returned late in the evening and had trouble finding a parking place for our large vehichle-she put us in the employee parking lot. The hotel was very conveniently located to the Steelers camp in Latrobe.
We would also recommend the Ligonier Farmers Market located in a field nearby on Saturday morning.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Andrea C, Manager at Ramada Ligonier, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2012

Thank you for choosing the Ramada Ligonier during your visit to Steeler's Training Camp this week. I truly appreciate your kind comments and your 5-star review. I am so pleased to hear that you and your group enjoyed your stay with us. We strive to provide excellent service and accommodations and I am always happy when we receive positive feedback. I hope you will return again next summer for training camp. Thank you again and GO STEELERS!

Reviewed August 12, 2012

We stayed at this Ramada for 3 days. Ligonier and the Ramada are quaint, older places that have character. The Ramada was comfortable, the room had 2 queen beds which were not the most comfortable .. when we slept on them we rolled to the middle. Sheets were clean, towels were plentiful.. Pool a bit of a disappointment.. evidently they had painted the pool walls & bottom as the water and the pool area smelled of paint & the water had a bit of a paint taste.. We decided not to let our grandchildren swim in the pool. The staff was very pleasant. check in & check out were easy processes. There is not a lot of soundproofing.. any noise in the hall could be heard, room noises were plentiful. Enjoyed that the hotel was within walking distance to the center of Ligonier city proper. We walked to local restaurants & creamery. It was a good stay.. could it have been better, sure.. however, the hotel is dated both in structure and amenities. Yet, it is clean and overall satisfactory.

2  Thank RaaAL
Andrea C, Manager at Ramada Ligonier, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2012

Dear RaaAL,

Thank you for submitting your review of our hotel. We truly appreciate your feedback as it is a good gauge for our improvement. I'm pleased that you were satisfied with your stay. I see that there were a few issues and I thank you for making us aware of those. I will certainly look into the smell of paint at the pool and the comfort of the beds. It is our goal to excel in service and accommodations and we want your experience here to be flawless. I truly hope you will return again to see our continued improvements. Thank you again.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

This is an awesome hotel. We came to Idlewild Park and Soak Zone for my granddaughter's birthday. This hotel's staff was excellent and the room was wonderful. My granddaughter enjoyed the pool and the computer. It was so close to the park that we were able to stay the whole day and evening and not worry about driving back to the hotel. The whole staff was remarkable and were always willing to assist with any questions. We enjoyed our 2-day stay very much and will definitely be back again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Mary R
Andrea C, Manager at Ramada Ligonier, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2012

Dear Mary R,

Thank you for choosing the Ramada Ligonier for your granddaughter's birthday. We are so glad that we were able to be a part of your festivities. Thank you also for your kind review. I will be certain to share your comments with all of our staff. I hope that if your travels bring you to Ligonier again, you will choose the Ramada. Best wishes for many more happy birthdays!

Reviewed June 22, 2012

I usually don't complete reviews but our family had such a wonderful trip! The staff at the hotel was great! The hotel was super clean and the food at the restaurant was delicious! I had the pasta Guillaume(?) dee-lish!

Room Tip: Book an Idlewild package, better value.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Management response:Responded June 25, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your meal and stay here at the Ramada Ligonier. I hope if your travels bring you and your family to our area, you will again choose the Ramada Ligonier.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ligonier
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Donegal
Hampton Inn Johnstown
Hampton Inn Johnstown
#1 of 7 in Johnstown
Ramada Greensburg Hotel and Conference Center

Been to Ramada Ligonier? Share your experiences!