New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Wonderful stay in Lewisburg” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Pineapple Inn Bed and Breakfast

The Pineapple Inn Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lewisburg
The Pineapple Inn Bed and Breakfast
You added The Pineapple Inn Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
Ranked #3 of 3 Lewisburg B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“Wonderful stay in Lewisburg”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

We had a short overnight stay in Lewisburg, PA and decided to try the Pineapple Inn. As a Bucknell grad, I drove past this place a million times when I went to school here and never went in. I was glad we stopped. The Inn is very charming and the owners were lovely. We actually got in around 8 pm and were very tired. We went for a quick dinner and they had two rooms for us to choose from that were ready for us upon our return. Our room had wonderful bed linens and a new bathroom. Breakfast was included with our rate and was lovely. We were given a choice of several fresh, local and organic options. We enjoyed breakfast and great conversation with the owner before our departure. We will definitely return.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank April1979_07093

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

My daughter was visiting Bucknell so we wanted to stay right in the heart of Lewisburg. This is a beautiful home with wonderful hosts ideally situated right on Market street. Campus is just a short walk, so we could each do our separate activities without needing to drive anywhere. I highly recommend visiting Lewisburg and staying at Pineapple Inn.

Lewisburg is a perfect little town that is worth a visit. It feels just like Mayberry (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mayberry). I rented a bike and explored some of the surrounding areas. There is a bike trail built on the old rail line that connects Lewisburg and Mifflinburg. From my observation, this trail serves as the "Amish Super Highway." There are a number of enticing side roads from this trail leading to point unknown.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Boyds, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

We were travelling to the finger lakes of NY and wanted to spend a night. We stayed in beautiful Lewisburg PA at the completely charming Pineapple Inn. The rooms were clean and beautiful, the central location made everything within walking distance, and the hosts were truly charming. It was such an unexpected surprise we're going back to visit again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank julesz2k
Palo Alto, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

This is a special Inn. The location is right on Market Street in Lewisburg, near Bucknell and numerous restaurant and entertainment options, including town's beautiful renovated art deco theater. Bucknell's campus is a few blocks away.
During our visit Charlie was the sole Innkeeper while his wife vacationed, but his son, who attended Bucknell, filled in to help as well. Charlie and son were pleasant, organized and unobtrusive.
We loved the "Family Room". It consisted of two private bedrooms and bathroom. I slept great!
In summary... super location, professional Innkeeping, great room... in a lovely part of town with great access to Bucknell.

Room Tip: Family room consists of two private bedrooms and bathroom. George Washington motif in the master bed...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Wayne, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Owner of this B&B could not have been more accommodating to our busy weekend schedule in Lewisburg. Our room was positively perfect and the en-suite bathroom was beautifully appointed and furnished with exquisite towels and soaps. The bed was wonderfully comfortable and the individually temperature controlled air conditioning kept us very well. The decor along with the owner's collection of antiques made the stay so much more interesting than your typical hotel stay. Sunday morning breakfast consisted of a delicious presentation of french toast with bacon. The french toast recipe has apparently earned recognition for years. Lewisburg was busy during our stay yet parking was never a problem. The Market Street front porch includes a great porch swing which if you are lucky enough to enjoy with your morning coffee and paper will allow you a great view of the action in this quaint town. I would highly recommend this accommodation over your typical chain hotel. We look forward to a return visit.

Room Tip: Our room was called the "garden room". It was located on the second floor. A beautiful s...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

My boyfriend and I were in town for a wedding, and stayed at the inn for two nights. Charles was very welcoming upon our arrival, and we chatted about where we were from and the occasion of our visit. Since we arrived at dinnertime, he gave us restaurant recommendations (which turned out to be excellent). He also informed us that his wife was out of town that weekend so he was doing the work of two, but that we could call him at any time if we needed something.

Charles showed us to the inn's beautiful Canterbury Room; we were immediately impressed with the decor, and we couldn't help but say "adorable!" about every piece of art and furniture. He talked to us a bit about the room and its furnishings — most of which apparently belonged to the Archbishop of Canterbury. He explained some of the "rules" of the house — leave the door cracked while we're out, park on the side street where we wouldn't be ticketed. He asked us what our schedule would be like the following day so that he knew when we could be expected at breakfast (between 8 and 9), and when he could make up our room.

The accommodations were comfortable, though the mattress was a bit soft, and the claw-foot tub shower wasn't particularly strong. My boyfriend (who is very tall) was a little worried about knocking things over, so moved around the inn with extra care. The room was provided with free wi-fi, lovely shampoos and soaps, and (adorable) pineapple-shaped chocolates. Breakfast was delicious both mornings (complete with crispy bacon!), and we had pleasant conversations with Charles and the other guests.

We had two friends arriving just before the wedding and departing right after, and they asked to change in our room. I checked with Charles, and he said that wouldn't be a problem, and offered to bring us more towels if we needed them. They were just as impressed with the inn as we were, and wished they could've stayed.

All in all, it was a lovely stay. The inn was charming, and Charles was very hospitable and accommodating host.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Vallejo, California, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

While the rooms are lovely, and the period furnishings beautiful ,but the place is so full of "decorations", collections, miniatures, etc, I felt that I had to watch my elbows and feet at all times. I was there for my 50th Bucknell Reunion, and a friend booked the room. I hadn't read the reviews...my fault. Reunion Weekends Lewisburg is packed, but surprise, surprise, Pineapple Inn had vacancies. In, fact, since I prefer a private room and my friend who booked had taken the room with 2 twin beds, I paid for another room. I was told it would be ready in 1/2 hour. 2 hours later I was still waiting. Had to be out for the room from 12-4 every day.....no exceptions. When I came back at 4 to dress for an event, they hadn't cleaned my room yet and wouldn't even let me use the bathroom. (There is no common bath or 1/2 bath in the Inn.). Waited 1/2 hour to get into my room. By the way, we had asked that our rooms not be cleaned as both of us left the beds made, towels hung up, everything put away. Deb told us later that it was their policy to clean the rooms every day, and change the beds and towels because guests make stains and the sheets and towels are very expensive. (They're Ralph Lauren----not my idea of expensive.)

On Sunday, I requested a hard boiled egg as I had a tour booked for 9 AM on campus. Charles said OK, and I put the egg (no plastic bag) in my purse. It was soft boiled, broke and I had egg all over everything - camera, phone, wallet, credit cards -----.

Charles did recommend some good restaurants, and the inn is conveniently located. Stay someplace else if you go to Lewisburg.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars
4 Thank Judy S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lewisburg
BEST WESTERN PLUS Country Cupboard Inn
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#2 of 2 in New Columbia
4.0 of 5 stars 143 reviews

Been to The Pineapple Inn Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!