“Home Away From Home”

Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Lewisburg, PA
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Lewisburg
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I have been there many times during the past three years since my daughter started Susquehanna University. The hotel is staffed with a wonderful front dest employee named Monica. She is very helpful and assists your every need. The breakfast in the morning is delicious and all you can eat. They also have an indoor pool and hot tub.This is the place to stay if visiting the Bucknell/Susquehanna area.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here overnight on the way to and from NYC. Very friendly, clean, and comfortable. Also considerably more affordable than lodging at nearby College Station. Won't hesitate to book here again if were in the area again overnight.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 20, 2012

We stayed at the Country Inns for one night. The facility is clean and looks pretty new. The room was very clean. The bed was comfortable, it had a nice flat screen TV and the room was fairly roomy. Staff was very nice and friendly and the breakfast was good with eggs, bacon, oatmeal, juice, cereal, etc.

The big issue we had was that the bathroom in our room was in need of maintenance. The shower did not get hot and the shower did not drain. The faucet only was cold or scolding hot, nowhere in between. Also the sink water had a strong sulfur smell. Sadly we did not notice these problems until the next morning when moving rooms or getting it repaired would have been too late. The hotel did apologize over and over again for the problems.

It is hard to rate the property. If everything is working in your room, it is great. If not, it left some to be desired. Staff was apologetic and friendly.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We normally stay at Comfort Inn.New Columbia. I saw a 25% discount for Country Inn Suites so thought a good chance to compare.The room itself is about the same.Micro,frig+coffeepot.I think this room a little smaller.Has 2 queen beds.Very clean.Tub+shower looks new.Even with discount still about $17 more.Had DVD player with free dvd.Asked if we wanted popcorn.Not sure if Comfort Inn offers this.
Breakfast better with several choices of fruit,2 types of eggs,+muffins much better quality.Cookies at desk all day.Staff friendly.

They have elevator+Comfort Inn doesn't+easier to get into parking lot.Weather permitting,can walk to Country Cupboard.Close to Damon's restaurant.

Beds +pillows comfortable.Instead of bedspread,comforter+blanket enclosed with duvet.I have mixed feelings about that.I usually remove spread+if hotel doesnt use 3 sheet method,I bring extra sheet+do it myself.With duvet,if u remove,left with just a sheet+no blanket.Too difficult to remove comforter from duvet.I understand this method prolongs life of comforter+blanket longer but doubt that they get washed anymore often.All in all very pleasant+comfortable stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 14, 2012

My eight year old son reminded me recently that I should have written this review long ago, as we have enjoyed staying at this hotel at least two or three times a year for "my (his) WHOLE LIFE!" Lewisburg is at the half-way point between our home near Washington, DC, and his grandmother's house in Western New York State. Though our stay at this Country Inns & Suites is never more than a night or two, it is never a disappointment. It is well situated within an easy walk or short drive of restaurants and the ever-popular Country Cupboard; always well-maintained, clean and moderately priced. The front desk staff are professional and friendly. Our online reservation is reliable, and we can count on arriving to a sincere welcome back by long time staff members, and often recognized upon our arrival with a comment about how much my son has grown since our last visit. The daily complimentary breakfast is way better than average, both in quality and variety of offerings; the complimentary, fresh-baked cookies at the front desk are a welcome snack after a long drive; and the complimentary microwave popcorn goes well well with movies from the free DVD video library at the front desk. The indoor pool and whirlpool sauna are a favorite amenity of my son, especially during our annual winter holiday journeys. All-in-all, the Country Inns & Suites - Lewisburg has for several years provided our family with a dependably delightful respite in our journey to Grandma's house; I hope it stays that way.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Our son is attending Penn State University and 3 months ago I tried to book a hotel for parent weekend. It turns out there was nothing available within an hour radius of State College. I researched on line and found this hotel about an hour away. All the hotels in State College(had there been availability) were charging $350.00 a night! Ridiculous to say the least. This hotel was very clean, comfortable, super-friendly staff, and a terrific complimentary breakfast. Guess where we will be staying whenever we visit our son? I understand Bucknell college is only a couple miles from this hotel as well. Great find!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Stopped at this hotel while traveling North after a very long day of driving. The staff was welcoming, the room seemed freshly decorated, very clean and quiet. We stayed in a first floor room behind the lobby. I never heard any noise in the hallway and we all slept well. Breakfast was good and I appreciated eating on real plates with silverware. Helped start the day off right. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lewisburg
Best Western Plus Country Cupboard Inn
Holiday Inn Express Lewisburg/New Columbia
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#2 of 2 in New Columbia

Been to Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Lewisburg, PA? Share your experiences!