“Great place for lunch or dinner”

Siam Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #8 of 71 Restaurants in Lewisburg
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This restaurant just expanded to a larger building a few doors down because it was so popular and you still need a reservation or you don't get a table! They also have takeout but it must be ordered well in advance of when you're coming to pick it up. The food is good and now they have a bar as well.

1  Thank EJClem

Reviewed June 9, 2013

I recently ate at Siam Cafe with my family. It was a week night so not extremely busy but comfortable full. We started out with the spring rolls which were good and hot (not spicy) and had a sweet and sour dipping sauce. They also brought out three skewers of bbq chicken with peanut dipping sauce (very good) which we were not charged for. I thought they made a mistake, but I guess it was like a free appetizer. YUM! I would have preferred the summer rolls, but my husband is allergic to shrimp so we didn’t want an impromptu visit to the ER! Daughter and husband both had the pineapple fried rice (with daughter getting shrimp with no spices and husband getting chicken with a little spices) They both liked it. Son got the Chicken cashew and scarfed it down in 2 minutes flat. His was also seasoned mild. I got the Basil Stir Fry (medium spicy) and it was very good, but I did have to drink a lot of water cause at times I felt like my mouth was on fire....haha! I like a little spicy, and the kitchen seemed to get the seaoning and spices right to everyone's enjoyment. Overall, very nice restaurant (was not in the smaller place two doors down) good service, and good food.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

I am glad someone finally added this restaurant. It deserves a top spot for Lewisburg. The food here is very high quality with fresh ingredients and not like other restaurants in the area where I feel as though I could make it at home much better. I have been to the restaurant for lunch and dinner. The portions are a good size. Sometimes the chef is a bit heavy handed with the heat, but it still tastes fantastic. I've eaten my way through several dishes on the menu including the old standby Pad Thai. Will be back.

1  Thank Joscat
Reviewed June 9, 2013

My husband and I went to Siam for dinner. I had been there before, mostly for lunch. The food is always excellent--fresh, tasty, and well presented. I had the chicken cashew and my husband had the red curry--both were fantastic. Our waitress was attentive and pleasant; she waited on us within a reasonable amount of time. Our food arrived in about 30 minutes from ordering. However, when we arrived at Siam, we waited quite a while to get seated, even with a reservation, bc there was only one person checking people out, taking to go orders, getting to go orders, and seating people. There were four parties (including us) waiting for orders or to be seated in a small space. Also, the restaurant is noisy. It has hardwood floors and noise travels. it's difficult to talk with those you are with.

So, in sum, eat at Siam. It's a great little place with excellent food and a nicely appointed dining area and bar. However, be aware that you may be there awhile, so if you have another commitment following lunch or dinner, you might not make it. Also, if you are looking to catch up with your significant other or friend, just be aware that it may be difficult due to the noise.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

The food was very good. On a Homecoming Weekend at Bucknell, the place was jammed. Service was slow but service was
Accommodating. It was our first time to the enlarged venue.....with enlarged menu.
I had shrimp.....and spring rolls. Portions are certainly more than adequate.
We shall return. Oh yes, they have a license in the new setting, so no longer do you have to BYOB.
Prices were well within the moderate range.