“'College-y' cafe”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Zelda's Cafe
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Stopped in for a quick lunch while visiting Lewisburg. Location is just off Bucknell's campus, and street parking was readily avaialble. Menu had a nice selection of healthy and interesting choices. Had the burrito, while my wife had soup and salad. Food was OK. Service was 'deliberate'...a little on the slow side. Overall, an OK place to stop for lunch, but not a place to go out of your way for.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

This used to be THE cafe in Lewisburg. They still make a good milkshake and one of the better specialty coffees in town, but the food and service completely detract from the experience. At first glance, the menu seems pretty impressive with a long list of sandwiches and a nice selection of salads. However, when you actually read the descriptions you can see that there are really only 2 or 3 sandwiches with different varieties of sauce on them. The prices seemed reasonable until the meals came out. It's not ok to charge New York or Philly prices for a small town cafe sandwich. I got the chicken carbonara sandwich and my girlfriend got chicken kabob sandwich. They were the same exact thing except that hers had "tzatziki" and and mine had garlic cream sauce. To top it off, the chicken was clearly just a processed, frozen chicken patty that was tossed on a flattop for a few minutes. The only side was a small handful of chips out of a bag. For what we paid, there should have been fries or some other side.

While we waited, we witnessed at least 3 orders get returned to the kitchen for major mistakes, including a grilled cheese with no cheese... When your food comes up, it sits in a window in the dining room and the cook rings a bell. Ours sat there for way too long before the server brought it to us. It really wasn't clear whether we were supposed to go up and get it or have it brought to us. Also, despite asking, they never refilled the cream for the coffee.

1  Thank Kevin H
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Zelda's is a hip, unique cafe that offers breakfast/lunch/dinner, and Indian cuisine on Fridays, which I have not gone to yet, but the other selections are yummy. Gourmet sandwiches, and typical breakfast items. Full barista, and they are good at making the coffee! I have been here about 4 times in the past 6 months and 2 of them, they were out of something but that happens with small cafes. Sometimes the young college age workers at the register aren't really nice. I ordered a sandwich, had the wrong sandwich brought out, cashier was annoyed when I took it back up, cook brought right sandwich to my table and then said they were out of peppers, was that ok? so all I had was meat and cheese. Should have told me first but, it's usually good.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

We ate here last week and the Jamaican coffee was amazing! My wife had a vegetarian flatbread sandwich with tazicki sauce that she loved and I had a thick cheeseburger with sweet potato fries. I had a Mango Bubble Tea to drink which is unusual but good. We finished our meal with probably the best chocolate chip cookie I've had in a long time. I've heard that on Friday night they have very good Indian food cooked by a native chef- chicken masala, spinach and cheese, cauliflower, etc.. College students frequent this cafe and I understand they are open for late night food on Wed, Fri and Sat after the bars close. This place has great food and also has a lot going on.

Reviewed July 27, 2012

Nice coffee shop near Bucknell University, downtown Lewisburg & the childrens park. Great place to meet or relax after a walk.