“Casual elegance”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Friends and I have come here for lunch for several years and we are never disappointed. Nice variety of offerings freshly prepared in a lovely setting. White tablecloths and historic atmosphere adds to the ambience. Warm fire in the winter months to chase the chill.

1  Thank Virginia B

Reviewed May 7, 2014

This is the first time my family and I have eaten in the fancier section of the combo restaurant Victoria's house/Vic's pub. We rarely even go to the pub side because even their version of pub food is institutional quality and quite poor. To be sure, they have a nice selection of beers on draft, and the pub atmosphere is fun and festive. So go for a drink if you must. Eating should happen elsewhere. We were encouraged to try the Victoria house for our private party. What a mistake. It was a quiet weekday evening, yet the service was terrible. We had to search the restaurant continuously for our server if we needed something. And the "fine dining" was nothing more than their pub food done fancier but poorly. The salmon was dried out like cardboard, my husband scallops came ice cold on a bed of raw spinach and even my daughter's pizza had the taste that comes from being a low-quality frozen product quickly heated in an oven. My toddler's macaroni and cheese was not even homemade. It tasted like a generic box mac & cheese from the grocery store. I know there are local devotees who fancy the place but you'll never catch me there again. Sorry.

3  Thank Marylandgirl2
Reviewed March 18, 2014

A large group of friends and I make reservations here for Valentines each year (about 16-20 of us). They always accommodate us and do a fantastic job serving us. We try to go on Friday nights because they have a magician on Fridays who will come to your table and do some tricks for you. The food is generally always delicious (I had the duck the last time I was there and I absolutely hated it, but I never had it before so I probably just don't like duck in general). I can say that every other time I have eaten here the food has been amazing and I would definitely go back, I just wouldn't order the duck again.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

The Victoria House used to be the best place in Lewisburg for fine dining. Reservations were made week prior to a Saturday night seating. When entering in the door they tried to sit us at the bar. When we were sat at a table there was only one other couple seated in the dining area. In years past this place was packed. The wine list was nowhere to be found, and the waitress had no idea what they carried. The menu has been chopped only 5 selections for the main course. We ordered the Roasted Duck and Crab cakes. We had to ask for rolls. The salad we received came with plastic cups for the dressing. The crab cakes where ok. The duck was not good at all and very salty.
Over all I think they fired the main chef and was using the bar chef for the fine dining.
No coffee was offered. They might as well just make the whole place a bar with fried food
We will not be visiting this establishment again.

3  Thank Ed K
Reviewed December 18, 2013 via mobile

The food was good. We went to the fine dining side. I'd say its a bit over priced, but it was nice. The memorable items were the mashed potatoes. Very nice.