“Bucknell visit”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lewisburg
Copper Beech Manor Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 3 Lewisburg B&B and Inns
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Bucknell visit”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

My daughter, son and I stayed in the 1857 room, which had a roll-away bed for one and a very nice sized bed for the other two of us. We spent some time reading in the living room in the evening, which was very nice as an alternative to our room. However, our room had a small sofa and a desk and would have worked well even if we had not chosen to take advantage of the lovely public spaces.

Room Tip: Our room was large and in the back of the building, off the busy main street.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Muenster, Germany
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I've stayed at bed and breakfasts in the US and the UK. This place may be alright for rural Pennsylvania, but doesn't compare well with other places I've visited.

The house is fairly nice. The bathroom in my room had been completely remodeled and was the best thing about the room. The free wifi worked well, as did the shared coffee maker in the hall. The location is convenient to all that Lewisburg has to offer -- there isn't much in Lewisburg, but it's all close to the Copper Beech.

The biggest problem was the service. I have never had a B&B send me away without breakfast, if breakfast was part of the deal. But since my plans required me to leave before the "kitchen opened" (and we're talking about me leaving at 7 a.m., not 4:30), the hostess basically said "tough luck."

Now I can understand that they may not want to get everything set up for just one person (although I have stayed at Bed and Breakfasts that would do just that -- it's called "service"), but surely some fruit and a roll should have been possible. Instead I had to make do.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank TravelingCS1972
Ocean View, New Jersey
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Six of us went for the weekend and all felt welcomed with beautiful rooms and lovely hosts. Very convenient to shops and restaurants on Market street. Decorated beautifully, not crammed with antiques and "knicks knacks" (which I am not a fan of). Breakfast both days was delicious and filling.

Room Tip: Suite was lovely, in the summer the small porch would be great to sit and have a glass of wine....
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Lewisburg, PA
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Stayed in the 1857 room (red and white toile decor). Big, bright, airy room with lovely view of the rear garden. Room features a comfy upholstered loveseat, white rattan desk, a mini-fridge tucked in the closet, and a large, private bath (all the rooms have these). Also the smoothest, most comfortable sheets I have EVER slept on and a Keurig coffee maker ever at the ready right outside your door. (We've also stayed in the suite, which is a luxury with the private porch and soaker tub!) Bill and Linda are wonderful hosts--there when you need them, yet non-intrusive. And breakfast is always fabulous--the pineapple french toast is my personal favorite. A great place to stay when you're in Lewisburg (or get away to if you live here!)

Room Tip: All the rooms are great in their own unique way: One has a canopy bed, one has a 4-poster bed, one h...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Kosice
Reviewed January 31, 2013

My mom and I stayed at the Copper Beech to be nearby the Christmas Market in Mifflinburg. We really enjoyed our stay and the owners were helpful with suggestions of things to do in the area. Would stay there again!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Lewisburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 27, 2013

A very nice stay and a beautiful B&B. I am a big hotel type of person as I spent 185 days on the road last year. This stay was very pleasant. Nice rooms with private baths and AC/heater units in each room. Breakfast was delicious and a Keruage coffee machine for the guests.

• Stayed January 2013
Odenton, Maryland
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Our Veterans Day stay was at the Copper Beach Manor in Lewisburg PA. Owners Bill & Linda Petry, operate a wonderful B&B, with great ambiance, great food and wonderful fellowship. The added bonus of a grateful heart for our country's Veterans is inspiring and greatly appreciated. We could not have hoped for a better way to spend Veteran's Day than in the company of other Veteran's and their spouses.

The historic home is wonderfully maintained and the location is perfect for walking and antiquing in Lewisburg PA. The owners Bill and Linda are delightful people. They were very helpful with all questions about everything in the area. We stayed in the Susquehanna Valley Suite—plush and spacious; our suite had a king-sized bed, chairs for reading and relaxing, a writing desk, flat screen TV, twin cedar closets, and large private bath with both tub and shower. The best aspect of the suite was the private balcony--perfect spot to enjoy a cup of tea, hot chocolate, or relax with a glass of your favorite wine.

Breakfast was delicious! On their web site it states they have afternoon snacks; however, we arrived at 1430 and didn't see any; however again, the breakfast was EXCELLENT! We highly recommend the B&B and we will return!

Room Tip: Try to stay in the Susquehanna Valley Suite—plush and spacious; The best aspect of the suite was th...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lewisburg
Best Western Plus Country Cupboard Inn
Holiday Inn Express Lewisburg/New Columbia
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#2 of 2 in New Columbia

Been to Copper Beech Manor Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!