“great food and atmosphere”
Review of Elizabeth's

Elizabeth's
Ranked #2 of 71 Restaurants in Lewisburg
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Elizabeth’s is a true upscale bistro with casual dress, complete with good, hearty food made from the freshest ingredients. Our 110+ bottle wine list is sure to please any wine connoisseur. We have earned the Wine Spectator Award of Excellence since 2003. Located in the heart of the historic district of downtown Lewisburg, our 85 seat, non-smoking restaurant is the place where people go for a lively night out. Our wine bar has over 18 wines by the glass, as well as a full service bar. The wine bar area is just the place to watch the chefs prepare each plate to order in the open-kitchen and enjoy happy hour with friends. EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED.
Reviewed August 24, 2014

Elizabeth's is a charming restaurant on the main street of Lewisburg, PA. The food, atmosphere, and service were wonderful!

3  Thank LJdesign

Reviewed August 19, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I were pleasantly surprised with dinner at this cute little cafe. The food is quite good. Very fresh local ingredients. We also shared a most decadent brownie and cookie desert. The staff is very friendly and welcoming. The place is small but it never seemed noisy.
This is definitely a place for grown ups, I would leave the kids home for this one.

Reviewed July 27, 2014

My mom really enjoyed her meal, she was a little nervous about her order. I thought I ordered something that you couldn't mess up, a caesar salad....It wasn't what I'm use to at all. So, I ended up picking through it. I know this place is listed as number one but you need to make sure you read the menu and see if there is anything you may eat. We definately weren't prepared for the menu. But, here is my opinion totally different than most people who have ate here.

Reviewed July 12, 2014

I had not been to Elizabeth's for 10 years when I went with my two sisters for lunch. This was and is a spot for fine dining, with an excellent menu and superb service, so I was surprised and disappointed with the two deficiencies I experienced. First was the entree, a special, of frittata with salmon, red pepper, and olives. I make frittatas myself, and my understanding is that a frittata should be thick with (usually) vegetables, the egg holding everything together rather than starring as a flavor. This frittata was extremely eggy and dry, with bits of salmon and red peppers and quite a lot of olives. In fact, along with the egginess, olive was the dominant flavor. I didn't care for it at all. The salad and dessert, on the other hand, were both excellent.

The other disappointment was the tea we ordered at the end of the meal. We wanted black tea, made properly, with milk. The restaurant had lovely and sizable individual teapots, which boded well, and we requested that they let us select our tea and put it in the pots, which they would then take away and fill with boiling water. However, when the tea selection came out, the only unflavored black tea on offer was Lipton, which is not a quality tea. Upon our request there was an unsuccessful attempt to locate some better black tea bags, after which we settled for Earl Grey (which only one of us likes) and chai black tea. The pots were taken away and filled, but when they came back it was clear that hot, not boiling water had been used. As a result the tea did not brew properly. We had to ask for milk, which came in an extremely small metal pitcher, but since the tea was so weak we used hardly any milk and drank very little.

In all of this the staff was wonderful and accommodating, but they clearly have no idea how to make tea properly. Since it is likely that their guests come from a wide variety of backgrounds, rather than being typical central Pennsylvanians, the ability to serve a proper cup of tea would be greatly appreciated.

2  Thank Kay F
Reviewed July 11, 2014

We stopped for a glass of wine and some little plates of food at their small but cozy wine bar and were very pleased. They had four specials, ranging from sushi through bruschetta, salad and pizza, and we ended up sharing every one of them. The wine bar sits in the back of the main restaurant and has its own entrance so guests can sneak in and out without visiting the more formal restaurant.
The quality of the food was exceptionally good, as one would expect from the restaurant's reputation. The wine list was not huge, but was great with many choices by the glass for whites and reds. Wine prices were reasonable and servings were full large glasses. Did not sample the bar selections but saw other patrons reordering cosmos that looked fabulous. Try it if you're looking for a quick or casual small meal. The main restaurant has a full menu of really great food if your want a more formal or full meal.

3  Thank chuck z